The Official Halo 4 News Board

Azaxx

No problem man, I just did a lot of research on this, I really want H4 to be amazing but this news just really upset me. I didn't want anyone to think I was trolling or randomly spewing junk I read on like wikipedia, I mean I read up on this a lot, I kind of wanted to see if anyone could convince me that things like X-Ray vision, instaspawns, and random weapon spawns could possibly seen as good, to me it just sounds like something that if they released in a public beta would get shot down in like 3 days of live testing. :/

You don't have to worry. 343i said that the instant respawn isnt for EVERY game type. It's only for like, Regicide and Team Slayer. Weapon Drops have a pattern but varies between each map. Forerunner Vision DOES NOT let you see people. So i guess it only lets you see weapons or something.

You don't have to worry. 343i said that the instant respawn isnt for EVERY game type. It's only for like, Regicide and Team Slayer. Weapon Drops have a pattern but varies between each map. Forerunner Vision DOES NOT let you see people. So i guess it only lets you see weapons or something.

Interesting, I hope that proves accurate, I am just concerned at the way they sounded. I want to be wrong with my opinions on what I heard, I really do, I want Halo 4 to blow me off my feet, but with the probably 30K or so games of competitive MP I have played across all my accounts and Halo games on and offline, I feel like those are too far a departure and may lose people, a lot of people. I do like the idea of Regicide, that sounds intriguing, as does Spartan ops. I just am questioning the rest. Thanks for the update :)

im so happy to see that instant respawns are not for objective games that power weapons will spawn in the same places just the weapon will very this makes it exciting to run up and not no exactly what your getting am i gonna find the spartan laser over here or a shotgun while still keeping map control and power weapon contorl important to the game and thank god all my fears for foreunner vision hav been proven false im very pleased with this and excited for the spice thats being added to this game. :thumbup:

No problem man, I just did a lot of research on this, I really want H4 to be amazing but this news just really upset me. I didn't want anyone

to think I was trolling or randomly spewing junk I

read on like wikipedia, I mean I read up on this

a lot, I kind of wanted to see if anyone could

convince me that things like X-Ray vision,

instaspawns, and random weapon spawns could

possibly seen as good, to me it just sounds like

something that if they released in a public beta

would get shot down in like 3 days of live

testing. :/

Well... I do have one situation that could benefit from forerunner vision.

For anyone that has played infection, you can't say you are never frustrated by whenever you turn a corner, getting killed by a zombie camper. Forerunner vision can help, so that you know which corners not to turn, know what I mean?

Zombies could also benefit. As a zombie, again, you can't say you are never frustrated by a human hiding in an unknown spot killing you every time you go by. You could use forerunner vision to see your constant attacker; and make him a target, now that you know where he is.

These are the ways I'd benefit from forerunner vision. All in all, I think it may not be such a horrible idea after all. I'll give it a shot.

I don't think Forerunner vision will be that bad, it sounds like a useful AA which makes me think it will be hard to unlock. This means there wont be allot of people using it and there won't be any noobs using it. Or if it isn't hard to unlock then I can't see loads of people using over other armour abilities and even if they do only the really skilled players would be able to cause loads of damage.

It's probably just as bad as a UAV in COD

I am sure most of you have heard, but the game informer cover of H4 has been leaked. SOmeone scanned the entire article onto the internet. After spending the last 20 minutes reading it, I can safely say that Halo 4 looks like the biggest fail of a game I have ever seen. I am sorry, I had high hopes for this, but as far as reach was a departure from H3 and H2, this takes the cake. For those of you that do not know I will sum up, AA's are back and you can purchase them at higher levels like CoD, Sprint is standard, weapon spawn are not set, they are drop podded in to prevent skilled players from being skilled, they are adding in X-Ray vision to see through walls and prevent anyone 1 shot or protecting the now random power weapons from staying hidden, there is instant respawns to completely F-Over anyone who just won a BR fight and it 1 shot and hasn't already been cleaned up by an xray toting idiot, and you can join in-progress games to put a definitive NO on the "will there be a 1 - 50 true-skill system like in H3?" question. Halo 4 sounds completely moronic. Let me explain all that is wrong with those changes.

1. Instant Spawns - THIS IS NOT COD!!! You are not 1 shot 100% of the time like in cod where that mechanic doesn't matter. In Halo you have shields and require 4 shots. If you are playing a game and you kill someone they can just instant-spawn back and kill you while your shields are low. Effectively shafting better players because they had the audacity to be better than an other player and kill them, oops, your dead for being better.

2. Jet-Packs and other AA's - Jet-packs destroy map design, plain and simple. Armor abilities in general do nothing more than screw up a good flowing MP experience. Why should someone carry around the right to be invisible any time they want, or have temporary invincibility to save all unskilled players from a certain death, nope, armor lock to again destroy the better player who had them dead. Don't even get me started on this new Forerunner Vision X-Ray garbage. That is quite possibly one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Okay, now you can no longer hold onto a weapon, retreat when 1 shot, or plan an attack without the other players knowing exactly what you are doing. OMG, this makes me mad just thinking about it. X-Ray vision again takes a shot at the knees to players who actually took the time to become acclimated to the game and, oh God, were loyal to the series and played enough to get a thing I like to call anticipation.

3. Randomly Spawning Weapons - Okay, lets continue to chop down the loyal, regularly playing fan-base by not allowing them to time weapons or the now non-existent power-ups. Timing weapons is something simple that every player can do, but only the good ones ever seemed to remember to do, so what dose 343 do now, oh, lets see, take yet another thing away from the competitive Halo base. The excuse, "it ads more points of focus to the game." Okay, great, not the team winning by 3 with 2 seconds left gets a rocket spawning in the middle of their base, what does the other team get, plasma pistol, GREAT IDEA!.....Why couldn't you leave something as simple as weapon spawns alone, my goodness could you mess anything else up?

4. Joining in game sessions - YES YOU CAN! So now to fix the problem of quitters, you get join mid game. Okay, common scenario, oh, i join a game, my team has 12, the other team, 49 and 50 as I join, oops, there is a loss that I got without participating. There goes my 50..... oh yeah, there is no 50 because if you had them, you'd probably need to buy a few hundred thousand TVs for raging gamers who put their controllers through theirs. Now, just like reach and every other non-competitive POS game on the market there is no skill measuring system, just a stupid RPG style if you spend time you will rank up system, lovely.

Final Thoughts. Why does this game go from being oh boy, a return to the classic halo series that was so successful to boy what a POS this will be. It is like 343 has taken a battle axe to the players who loved the game and spent time on it to get good and gave a big fat F U to everyone who liked and was good at Halo. Now all us 50's from H3 will get to be put on par with first timers since there is no more hiding or escaping, no more player intuition, no more timing, NO MORE SKILL OR REASON TO PLAY. So let me take this time to give a thank you to Bungie for making H1, H2, and H3 the best competitive games on the market (I will forgive Reach), and give a than you to 343i for making me drop the last part of my childhood I was looking to hold on to and destroying the best MP game on the market and thank you again for removing all stat tracking from H3 and destroying the last game I love and any evidence that Halo ever had a good game in the series. I guess you guys all thought that video games were juvenile and that we all should grow up. Guess I'll be, and it burns my tongue to say this, playing CoD from now on, at least they improve their games, even if they still aren't as good as H3 or H2.

P.S. For anyone who doubts my information I have attached the link to the scanned in article, take a gander and you can be the judge. Goodbye to anyone who I played with or against over the years, best wishes everyone, and finally, Goodbye Halo, you will be missed.

Article:

http://gamingsquid.c...former-magazine

i ain't going to judge halo 4 and 343 before i have tested the game

i whant to no if there will be forgeing on halo 4 if there isint ur going to kill halo

Honestly if getting rid of forge would bring back ranked playlists and rid halo of AA's, bloom, and the hordes of children that play Reach for clan headquarters, living dead, and gerenally piss off the older more mature members of the community....Im 100% ok with it

how they will work the ranking system has now been confirmed.

While they have not released whether we will be using the 1-50 or halo reach names and pictures, it has, however, been confirmed that they will be merging the systems of that of halo 3 and halo reach. Here's how it'll work.

Like normally from halo 3, every game you win, you gain EXP. Simple right? This is where the reach part comes in. Upon every rank up, you earn something called Spartan points. (already confirmed). These can be used to buy armor, equipment, and stuff for loadouts.

There is what I know, so far, regarding the ranking system. I will try to find more.