The Official Halo 4 News Board

Azaxx

This is the Official topic for all new news coming for Halo 4.

As new information is released, this topic will be updated.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-CAMPAIGN-

The campaign will start with Elites and Grunts attacking the Foward Unto Dawn frigate that the Master Chief is in, with Cortana 'needing' Chief's help. While he was asleep, Cortana rewrote his HUD so we will see "subtle parallax movement during athletic actions and more visual cues that indicate the presence of a helmet." The elites and grunts are not part of the Covenant we know of.

You meet the main bad guys later when Master Chief and Cortana move from Forward Unto Dawn to the Dyson Sphere-like Forerunner shield world, Requiem.

The new enemies play different from either the Covenant or the Flood according to 343 Industries and each enemy "build on and accentuates the abilities of the others."

The flood has been confirmed, NOT to be in the campaign, this was told by Frank O'Conner

*SPOILERS* The game starts off with the Ship been broken into, Cortana gets chief out of cryo and he and cortana make their way out almost been flown out of space, an elite comes out and attacks the Master Chief, but he throws it down a shaft, this leaves the Master Chief questioning their truce with the Elites.*SPOILERS*

At E3, a live action clip was weaved into the game, leading into a mission roughly half way into the game. This is where the Master Chief first meets a new threat; The Crawler, The Watcher and The Promethean K***ht. Crawlers are small dog like robots, Watchers being like a robotic Drone from the Covenant. And finally the K***ht, dwarfing the Covenant elite in size and Strength.

At the end of this clip, we see the Didact’s Forerunner symbol along with an unknown voice.

-WEAPONS (campaign/Spartan OP’s and Multiplayer)-

In a list:

UNSC Weapons

• The MA5D ICWS Assault Rifle
  • BR85 Heavy-Barrel Service Rifle
  • The M395 DMR
  • The SRS99-S5 AM Sniper Rifle
  • The ARC-920 Railgun
  • The Assault Carbine
  • M363 Remote Projectile Detonator
  • M6H Personal Defence Weapon System (Magnum)
  • M41 SSR Medium Anti-Vehicle/Assault Weapon (Rockets)
  • Weapon/Anti-Vehicle M6 Grindell/Galileian Nonlinear Rifle (Spartan Laser)

Covenant Weapons

• T-1 Energy Weapon/Sword
  • T-25 Directed Energy Pistol (Plasma Pistol)
  • T-51 Carbine
  • T-55 Directed Energy Rifle/Advanced (Storm Rifle)
  • T-33 Guided Munitions Launcher (Needler)

Promethean Weapons

• Z-180 Close Combat Rifle/Asymmetric Engagement Mitigator (ScatterShot)
  • Editing this Space for last weapon

Dual Wielding was removed early in development because it complicated the goal of customizeable loadouts and caused problems with balancing combat.

Multiplayer bots will not be present.

-MULTIPLAYER-

In Halo 4's lore, the War Games are essentially "simulated" combat pitting human against human to prepare you for the live ops—Spartan Ops.

Playing through the War Games and Spartan Ops will allow you to gain points and unlock new aesthetics as well as new customizable gear.

Maps:

"Haven" (Previously Wraparound)

Resting high above Requiem’s surface, harmonic-resonance platforms appear to facilitate the monitoring and management of the shield world’s solar preservation system. These elaborate machines enable artificial planets to support their immense populations of indigenous life.

"Adrift" (Previously Warhouse)

Although this CAA mining vessel was refitted as an ordnance transport, damage sustained during the Battle of Kholo has condemned it to an inescapable slide down the gravity well of a gas giant. On board, its automated systems continue unabated, their operations executed in eerie futility as they drift ever-closer to destruction.

"Longbow"

The frigid climate and unique gravitational conditions of Concord’s northern polar region provide an optimal perch for Longbow Station’s channel-based mass drivers. Before the Covenant War, the UEG launched deep space monitoring relays from here in an effort to study far-flung star systems.

Armour/Armor Abilities:

• M805X Thruster Pack (replacement for evade)
  • The Z-90 Hardlight Shield
  • Promethean Vision
  • UNSC Jet Pack
  • The T-27 Decoy (Hologram)
  • Sprint – Note this is unlimited and accessed by all players at any one time.

Armour Lock was removed because it ruined the flow and balance of multiplayer but all remaining armour abilities from Reach have been tweaked.

Ordinance Drops:

Ordinance drops will be provided based on the amount of points you accumulate as you play during a match. You have a selection of ordinances to choose from with the D-Pad, each of which uses a different amount of points. Ordinance drops include power boost, overshield, speed boost, and so forth. Ordinance drops also include weapons. But these drops are only in 'Infinity Slayer'.

-SPARTAN OP’S-

Spartan Ops is a four-player cooperative mode – think of it as Firefight but built around a structured set of missions rather than endless waves of increasingly more difficult enemies. You can play it solo. Spartan Ops fully supports Halo 4’s public matchmaking system. Seasons are made from ‘episodes’ which are made from scratch every week by 343 Industries.

-FORGE-

The forge is confirmed to return as it is a strong feature that 343industries believe is a main focal point of the game. "It’s something as a studio we very strongly believe in" and that 343 would continue "to invest in that toolset."

-MUSIC-

The sound of weapons, vehicles and even the running on a metal floor has had heavy work on it, "guns need to sound as realistic as impossible". Audio director Sotaro Tojima chimed in with his own thoughts for the Halo 4 audio calling the game the story of Master Chief and Cortana.

"Provide a sense of reality with sophisticated sound design to bring you into a believable world.

Achieve a memorable, dramatic experience with great music and sounds well synced with the story beat and your gameplay.

Share a delightful memory with all fans providing an iconic melody."

343 Community Manager Jessica Shea said;

"The goal is to make the music of the story fit not only the gameplay, but also the player’s emotional circumstances."

343industries have announced their new composer for the trilogy, his name, Neil Davidge. Neil is a British composer and producer, and has played Halo since 2001. 343industries have also posted a video on his new track.

-CHARACTERS-

The Master Chief story will be told thoroughly in the new trilogy, as it is a main theme of the new games.

"In Halo 4, we are interested in doing something the franchise does well on the book side, and that’s helping shape the narrative. Halo is a compelling and deep universe, and we want to tell the story of this bio-engineered super-soldier."..."there’s a lot of character depth behind that helmet that has yet to make its way into the game experience. Every person who was allowed to touch him had to, HAD TO, understand his history as a person"

This is the first time also that we see Cortana start her rampancy, a stage in the death of an Artificial Intelligence that destroys the AI, by ‘thinking’ itself to death.

-ENEMIES-

At E3, a live action clip was weaved into the game, leading into a mission roughly half way into the game. This is where the Master Chief first meets a new threat; The Crawler, The Watcher and The Promethean K***ht. Crawlers are small dog like robots, Watchers being like a robotic Drone from the Covenant. And finally the K***ht, dwarfing the Covenant elite in size and Strength.

The Covenant also make a return, though only the Elite, grunt and Jackal have made an appearance so far.

-MISCELLANEOUS-

Microsoft is readying up their advertising partners to begin filming for Halo 4 commercials.

The positions available within the Halo 4 commercial are to suit male or females aged from 18 – 40, who should be able to deliver a range from panic to collected/dutiful in their acting skills.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RELEASE DATE! - for 6th November 2012

These are the main point of the news coming from 343industries/ Halo Waypoint.

-more coming soon as new information is released.

All new information will be underlined until newer news comes out.

Also this Topic is ONLY for confirmed news, not speculation or rumours

Thanks to

truekill83

Edited by Azaxx
  • Like 8

I am sure most of you have heard, but the game informer cover of H4 has been leaked. SOmeone scanned the entire article onto the internet. After spending the last 20 minutes reading it, I can safely say that Halo 4 looks like the biggest fail of a game I have ever seen. I am sorry, I had high hopes for this, but as far as reach was a departure from H3 and H2, this takes the cake. For those of you that do not know I will sum up, AA's are back and you can purchase them at higher levels like CoD, Sprint is standard, weapon spawn are not set, they are drop podded in to prevent skilled players from being skilled, they are adding in X-Ray vision to see through walls and prevent anyone 1 shot or protecting the now random power weapons from staying hidden, there is instant respawns to completely F-Over anyone who just won a BR fight and it 1 shot and hasn't already been cleaned up by an xray toting idiot, and you can join in-progress games to put a definitive NO on the "will there be a 1 - 50 true-skill system like in H3?" question. Halo 4 sounds completely moronic. Let me explain all that is wrong with those changes.

1. Instant Spawns - THIS IS NOT COD!!! You are not 1 shot 100% of the time like in cod where that mechanic doesn't matter. In Halo you have shields and require 4 shots. If you are playing a game and you kill someone they can just instant-spawn back and kill you while your shields are low. Effectively shafting better players because they had the audacity to be better than an other player and kill them, oops, your dead for being better.

2. Jet-Packs and other AA's - Jet-packs destroy map design, plain and simple. Armor abilities in general do nothing more than screw up a good flowing MP experience. Why should someone carry around the right to be invisible any time they want, or have temporary invincibility to save all unskilled players from a certain death, nope, armor lock to again destroy the better player who had them dead. Don't even get me started on this new Forerunner Vision X-Ray garbage. That is quite possibly one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Okay, now you can no longer hold onto a weapon, retreat when 1 shot, or plan an attack without the other players knowing exactly what you are doing. OMG, this makes me mad just thinking about it. X-Ray vision again takes a shot at the knees to players who actually took the time to become acclimated to the game and, oh God, were loyal to the series and played enough to get a thing I like to call anticipation.

3. Randomly Spawning Weapons - Okay, lets continue to chop down the loyal, regularly playing fan-base by not allowing them to time weapons or the now non-existent power-ups. Timing weapons is something simple that every player can do, but only the good ones ever seemed to remember to do, so what dose 343 do now, oh, lets see, take yet another thing away from the competitive Halo base. The excuse, "it ads more points of focus to the game." Okay, great, not the team winning by 3 with 2 seconds left gets a rocket spawning in the middle of their base, what does the other team get, plasma pistol, GREAT IDEA!.....Why couldn't you leave something as simple as weapon spawns alone, my goodness could you mess anything else up?

4. Joining in game sessions - YES YOU CAN! So now to fix the problem of quitters, you get join mid game. Okay, common scenario, oh, i join a game, my team has 12, the other team, 49 and 50 as I join, oops, there is a loss that I got without participating. There goes my 50..... oh yeah, there is no 50 because if you had them, you'd probably need to buy a few hundred thousand TVs for raging gamers who put their controllers through theirs. Now, just like reach and every other non-competitive POS game on the market there is no skill measuring system, just a stupid RPG style if you spend time you will rank up system, lovely.

Final Thoughts. Why does this game go from being oh boy, a return to the classic halo series that was so successful to boy what a POS this will be. It is like 343 has taken a battle axe to the players who loved the game and spent time on it to get good and gave a big fat F U to everyone who liked and was good at Halo. Now all us 50's from H3 will get to be put on par with first timers since there is no more hiding or escaping, no more player intuition, no more timing, NO MORE SKILL OR REASON TO PLAY. So let me take this time to give a thank you to Bungie for making H1, H2, and H3 the best competitive games on the market (I will forgive Reach), and give a than you to 343i for making me drop the last part of my childhood I was looking to hold on to and destroying the best MP game on the market and thank you again for removing all stat tracking from H3 and destroying the last game I love and any evidence that Halo ever had a good game in the series. I guess you guys all thought that video games were juvenile and that we all should grow up. Guess I'll be, and it burns my tongue to say this, playing CoD from now on, at least they improve their games, even if they still aren't as good as H3 or H2.

P.S. For anyone who doubts my information I have attached the link to the scanned in article, take a gander and you can be the judge. Goodbye to anyone who I played with or against over the years, best wishes everyone, and finally, Goodbye Halo, you will be missed.

Article:

http://gamingsquid.c...former-magazine

• Like 1

Guest deathabove1

I am sure most of you have heard, but the game informer cover of H4 has been leaked. SOmeone scanned the entire article onto the internet. After spending the last 20 minutes reading it, I can safely say that Halo 4 looks like the biggest fail of a game I have ever seen. I am sorry, I had high hopes for this, but as far as reach was a departure from H3 and H2, this takes the cake. For those of you that do not know I will sum up, AA's are back and you can purchase them at higher levels like CoD, Sprint is standard, weapon spawn are not set, they are drop podded in to prevent skilled players from being skilled, they are adding in X-Ray vision to see through walls and prevent anyone 1 shot or protecting the now random power weapons from staying hidden, there is instant respawns to completely F-Over anyone who just won a BR fight and it 1 shot and hasn't already been cleaned up by an xray toting idiot, and you can join in-progress games to put a definitive NO on the "will there be a 1 - 50 true-skill system like in H3?" question. Halo 4 sounds completely moronic. Let me explain all that is wrong with those changes.

1. Instant Spawns - THIS IS NOT COD!!! You are not 1 shot 100% of the time like in cod where that mechanic doesn't matter. In Halo you have shields and require 4 shots. If you are playing a game and you kill someone they can just instant-spawn back and kill you while your shields are low. Effectively shafting better players because they had the audacity to be better than an other player and kill them, oops, your dead for being better.

2. Jet-Packs and other AA's - Jet-packs destroy map design, plain and simple. Armor abilities in general do nothing more than screw up a good flowing MP experience. Why should someone carry around the right to be invisible any time they want, or have temporary invincibility to save all unskilled players from a certain death, nope, armor lock to again destroy the better player who had them dead. Don't even get me started on this new Forerunner Vision X-Ray garbage. That is quite possibly one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Okay, now you can no longer hold onto a weapon, retreat when 1 shot, or plan an attack without the other players knowing exactly what you are doing. OMG, this makes me mad just thinking about it. X-Ray vision again takes a shot at the knees to players who actually took the time to become acclimated to the game and, oh God, were loyal to the series and played enough to get a thing I like to call anticipation.

3. Randomly Spawning Weapons - Okay, lets continue to chop down the loyal, regularly playing fan-base by not allowing them to time weapons or the now non-existent power-ups. Timing weapons is something simple that every player can do, but only the good ones ever seemed to remember to do, so what dose 343 do now, oh, lets see, take yet another thing away from the competitive Halo base. The excuse, "it ads more points of focus to the game." Okay, great, not the team winning by 3 with 2 seconds left gets a rocket spawning in the middle of their base, what does the other team get, plasma pistol, GREAT IDEA!.....Why couldn't you leave something as simple as weapon spawns alone, my goodness could you mess anything else up?

4. Joining in game sessions - YES YOU CAN! So now to fix the problem of quitters, you get join mid game. Okay, common scenario, oh, i join a game, my team has 12, the other team, 49 and 50 as I join, oops, there is a loss that I got without participating. There goes my 50..... oh yeah, there is no 50 because if you had them, you'd probably need to buy a few hundred thousand TVs for raging gamers who put their controllers through theirs. Now, just like reach and every other non-competitive POS game on the market there is no skill measuring system, just a stupid RPG style if you spend time you will rank up system, lovely.

Final Thoughts. Why does this game go from being oh boy, a return to the classic halo series that was so successful to boy what a POS this will be. It is like 343 has taken a battle axe to the players who loved the game and spent time on it to get good and gave a big fat F U to everyone who liked and was good at Halo. Now all us 50's from H3 will get to be put on par with first timers since there is no more hiding or escaping, no more player intuition, no more timing, NO MORE SKILL OR REASON TO PLAY. So let me take this time to give a thank you to Bungie for making H1, H2, and H3 the best competitive games on the market (I will forgive Reach), and give a than you to 343i for making me drop the last part of my childhood I was looking to hold on to and destroying the best MP game on the market and thank you again for removing all stat tracking from H3 and destroying the last game I love and any evidence that Halo ever had a good game in the series. I guess you guys all thought that video games were juvenile and that we all should grow up. Guess I'll be, and it burns my tongue to say this, playing CoD from now on, at least they improve their games, even if they still aren't as good as H3 or H2.

P.S. For anyone who doubts my information I have attached the link to he scanned in article, take a gander and you can be the judge. Goodbye to anyone who I played with or against over the years, best wishes everyone, and finally, Goodbye Halo, you will be missed.

Article:

Now from the videos it does not seem that way and you cant even read that page so if you are right good for you but i am not so convinced and if they have forge and custom games i find the game very entertaining so if the companies want to do this let them and try the game at least so you can see if you like it or not. I am getting the gaming informer very soon and will love to see what it says.Anyways this game turns out it still looks pretty good and if it heads in the direction of cod then let be because then it will cross paths with bf3 game play and probably end up still successful. Do not forget every one that loves halo must buy it for the campaign and if not they are not a true halo fan. I just realized that you said 49 to 50 if you read and watched the films points go by 10s not 1s any more.

Now from the videos it does not seem that way and you cant even read that page so if you are right good for you but i am not so convinced and if they have forge and custom games i find the game very entertaining so if the companies want to do this let them and try the game at least so you can see if you like it or not. I am getting the gaming informer very soon and will love to see what it says.Anyways this game turns out it still looks pretty good and if it heads in the direction of cod then let be because then it will cross paths with bf3 game play and probably end up still successful. Do not forget every one that loves halo must buy it for the campaign and if not they are not a true halo fan. I just realized that you said 49 to 50 if you read and watched the films points go by 10s not 1s any more.

You need to click on the individual pages to load a bigger screen of them, then click again to zoom. I do read but going by tens makes no sense to me so I was going by the established 50 kill theme that has always been in Halo, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed too. Also in the link I attach, u can see a score of 24 - 38, which can not be attained with scores going by ten http://4logpc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Halo-4-gameplay-screen.jpg )The problem is they are trying to neuter competitive gaming with all this extra stuff so that the 5 year old that just picked up a controller can get kills on a MLG player. I know MLG players and they are not happy with this, as is most everyone I talk to in the community. I have no problem with the new gametype, and I have no problem with the elimination of firefight, though I do not understand why. What I have issue with is they took the #1 competitive MP game on the market and completely destroyed what made it great. I am not going to get into a flame war with you about who is a Halo fan and who isn't, I have purchased every game, including the original CE the day it was released (which I still have), along with my 9000 exp on H3 I tend to consider myself I legitimate fan of the series. Changing the game over to mimic another series is stupid, you will lose your fan base and will not get the other fan base because, they already have their game, they don't want CoDHalo, they want CoD, just as Halo players don't want CoDHalo, they want Halo. All this is doing is alienating their current market. I think if these changes go into effect and they do not make it Halo 4, the game that follows Halo 3, this will be the most traded in game in the Halo series. No one will buy it, they will get it in gamefly for a month to play the campaign and trade it in. That is simply my opinion as a long time Halo fan.

P.S. For anyone who doubts my information I have attached the link to he scanned in article, take a gander and you can be the judge. Goodbye to anyone who I played with or against over the years, best wishes everyone, and finally, Goodbye Halo, you will be missed.

Article:

http://gamingsquid.com/8707/halo-4-cover-story-leaked-game-informer-magazine

As i specifically said before, this topic is ONLY for confirmed information, that article is not confirmed, so therefore is not going into the post. If it happens to be true, the information will be added, but since 343industries have NOT confirmed it, it's not going in.

Article:

You_mad_bro.PNG

As i specifically said before, this topic is ONLY for confirmed information, that article is not confirmed, so therefore is not going into the post. If it happens to be true, the information will be added, but since 343industries have NOT confirmed it, it's not going in.

The only reason it hasn't been confirmed is because contractually, 343's developers are not allowed to respond to topics such as this. The article was written by game informer as the game is now, it is not finished and is likely to have changes made. I am responding to the facts as is. GI got to see and play the game, if you read the article, which I spent time to, but as I can see by later posts, nobody seems to have done that and just feels like denying it, then in two weeks it will be sprayed all over the palce. If you don't like those ideas in a halo game it is best to try and get your voice heard now instead of after the game is packaged and sent out since there is no public beta being offered. So, my advice is to say your peace now instead of later so you can possibly see change. And no twin, I'm not mad, just a little sad that 23's need developers to handicap 50's and ruin good games so they can stay competitive :)

The only reason it hasn't been confirmed is because contractually, 343's developers are not allowed to respond to topics such as this. The article was written by game informer as the game is now, it is not finished and is likely to have changes made. I am responding to the facts as is. GI got to see and play the game, if you read the article, which I spent time to, but as I can see by later posts, nobody seems to have done that and just feels like denying it, then in two weeks it will be sprayed all over the palce. If you don't like those ideas in a halo game it is best to try and get your voice heard now instead of after the game is packaged and sent out since there is no public beta being offered. So, my advice is to say your peace now instead of later so you can possibly see change. And no twin, I'm not mad, just a little sad that 23's need developers to handicap 50's and ruin good games so they can stay competitive :)

and that is the same reason they havnt confirmed it, only time will tell.

Guest deathabove1

You need to click on the individual pages to load a bigger screen of them, then click again to zoom. I do read but going by tens makes no sense to me so I was going by the established 50 kill theme that has always been in Halo, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed too. Also in the link I attach, u can see a score of 24 - 38, which can not be attained with scores going by ten http://4logpc.com/wp...play-screen.jpg )The problem is they are trying to neuter competitive gaming with all this extra stuff so that the 5 year old that just picked up a controller can get kills on a MLG player. I know MLG players and they are not happy with this, as is most everyone I talk to in the community. I have no problem with the new gametype, and I have no problem with the elimination of firefight, though I do not understand why. What I have issue with is they took the #1 competitive MP game on the market and completely destroyed what made it great. I am not going to get into a flame war with you about who is a Halo fan and who isn't, I have purchased every game, including the original CE the day it was released (which I still have), along with my 9000 exp on H3 I tend to consider myself I legitimate fan of the series. Changing the game over to mimic another series is stupid, you will lose your fan base and will not get the other fan base because, they already have their game, they don't want CoDHalo, they want CoD, just as Halo players don't want CoDHalo, they want Halo. All this is doing is alienating their current market. I think if these changes go into effect and they do not make it Halo 4, the game that follows Halo 3, this will be the most traded in game in the Halo series. No one will buy it, they will get it in gamefly for a month to play the campaign and trade it in. That is simply my opinion as a long time Halo fan.

Just watch the vids and look at points they will show points in the hundreds and when 1 person dies the points shoot up by 10 and 2 metals pop up on the screen stating the #5

Just watch the vids and look at points they will show points in the hundreds and when 1 person dies the points shoot up by 10 and 2 metals pop up on the screen stating the #5

I think those are your new currency that has been dubbed Spartan Points. That is the new way to purchase armor and armor abilities as you progress through the ranks, according to GI. I am hoping that the scoring system doesn't stay permanently changed from what has always been a simple system. If GI goes unchanged and is accurate I will be extremely sad. I do not understand why they are trying to overcomplicate what has always been a simple game that was based on skill. Halo 1 - 3, the games most consider to be "true" halo game, were simple, that was their allure. Everyone started with the same weapons and same abilities (none). The score was simple, to 50 in team games and to 25 in FFA for slayer and whatever the scores were for oddball, KoTH, and Flag depending on playlist, it was always easy to understand. Weapons spawned at normal time, 2, 3, or 4 minutes map and weapon dependent, same spots. The MP matched the theme, spartan, it allowed for skilled players to show that if you played you could get better. For instance, Halo 3, when I first started I maxed out at high skill 35, then I started to play more and made it to 40, then I started to learn the strategic portion of the game and made it to 45, after that I spent more time talking and learning from other players and made it to 50. I made it to 50, not by out BR'ing every other player like MLG pro might, I become a strategic player and made it to the same goal. Where this comes into play is when they introduced reach (which I DO NOT HATE! I was just never motivated to play it for reasons to come) and tried to make a casual gaming experience to all. They neutered the competitive gamers by introducing luck as a huge part of the game with bloom and AA's. Luck in any other Halo game meant I threw a lucky nade cross map and stuck someone or no scoped someone across sandtrap, Luck in Reach was a part of every kill. Bloom made more accurate players slow down their shots and allow for less skilled players to become lucky by spamming shots and somehow getting kills that those who pace shots never seem to if they spam. AA's (some of them) also introduced luck, armor Lock and jetpacks in particular. Armor lock saved so many people who would get ambushed by sword, rockets, shotgun, or were otherwise 1 shot and just mash a button and like magic they were saved, then they release and do damage to the player so audacious to be better, who would then die with a beatdown. Jetpacks simply destroyed map design, okay, I am one shot and am sitting near nobody, oh, you spawn cross map and lift up to see over the wall in between us and I die, effectively neutralizing the map's designed barriers. I also did not like the super repetitive environment in MM called forge world. I like forge world as an idea, i actually didn't ind the map layouts of forge world maps, i HATED the fact that it all looked the same, same grey metal, same grey rocks, same grass, same environment with some new walls is how it ended up feeling. Why I bring that up is because, again as stated in GI, the reason blue spartans fight red ones is right out of RvB, it is a training simulation aboard the vessel called the UNSC Infinity. The UNSC Infinity is now what MP will be called, it is also where the MP will take place, it is tied to the storyline as hinted on by the video when they mentioned that "campaign was steeped in fiction and MP never was" and how they were looking to change that. This is how, which to me screams same recycled environment, I do not want to play on a metal map every game again, I want some variety of my MP play spaces. The Pit was a training place, Guardian was a jungle, Avalanche was a snowy tundra, there was variety, I miss the variety. I just get that impending sense of doom that they are going to try and over complicate this and make it fail. I want it to be what it always was, simple and spartan. I want to see this game succeed, I love gaming, I love Halo, I don't want this to be what GI says they saw because it won't be a good experience, mark my words. Campaign will be great I am sure, regicide as a gametype (there is a king in FFA, the king is the leading scorer, you get a bounty for killing the king, the king's bounty raises as he kills more players in the game, kind of like VIP for FFA with a bounty raising for kills) sounds like a cool idea, no elites in MM is another good idea, and the Spartan Spec Ops is a good idea too, but the mechanics they are talking about just ruin it for me. If you want to see the community react other than me go to the sites, check out the forum posts at HaloCharts.com, or on HaloTracker.com, or H3Forums, there are a lot of them, none of them really have much positive to say about the changes. Check out the twitter accounts of the MLG pros, these are your dedicated players that spend the most money and time on your games, see what they have to say, we know what works in competitive MM and what won't. Make this game the successor to H2 and H3's MP, not something else. To be honest this is sounding more and more like Crysis 2 as a MP experience, problem, Crysis 2 is a great campaign but is far too complicated for most console players to find it to be a great experience, its better on the PC since controllers only have so many buttons and can't cycle through all these skills as smoothly. Please, again, save H4 and make it a back to the origins game that truly reflects H3 and H2.

• Like 2

i whant to no if there will be forgeing on halo 4 if there isint ur going to kill halo

I would assume there is, I mean it has become such a huge community like the designing community on Forza, which is why I am wondering why they said they have no plans to continue Firefight, it is a simple way to keep a large community happy. And BTW, Frank O'Connor has come out and said that he can not dispute the information, but he feels it could use more explaining, I will include the quote.

The magazine scans were always going to come out the day after the cover debuted, that almost always happens. We can’t talk about the story in detail, because it is GI’s exclusive. I will say that some of the things that “invested, emotional” players are “raising eyebrows slightly at” are being very misinterpreted (“random” weapon spawns for example) but we will be able to clarify some of those things in due time.

Some of the other features, abilities, are also being discussed with no context (not your guys’ fault, obviously) and frankly, a video of TS would probably allay many of the especially hysterical reactions, but we’re not there yet.

We haven’t seen a single reaction we didn’t expect (apart from the Dax love story) and we will clarify a lot of this stuff 100% in the coming weeks and months. SOME of the things in here won’t be properly understood outside of a holistic experience (modes, progress, fictional setting, etc) but I am going to say one thing and leave it at that:

It feels like Halo, it does NOT feel or act like the other game(s) it’s being compared to. Again, without playing it, you can’t be blamed for jumping to certain conclusions

http://halo4newsnow.tumblr.com/

P.S. For anyone who doubts my information I have attached the link to the scanned in article, take a gander and you can be the judge. Goodbye to anyone who I played with or against over the years, best wishes everyone, and finally, Goodbye Halo, you will be missed.

Article:

All right. I'm no expert on fakes; but this article looks damn suspicious to me. To make a long post short: I'm going to believe the videos that 343 themselves has set up for the viewers. Not some random gaming website.

All right. I'm no expert on fakes; but this article looks damn suspicious to me. To make a long post short: I'm going to believe the videos that 343 themselves has set up for the viewers. Not some random gaming website.

Game Informer is a nationally sold gaming magazine that is generally seen as the authority when it comes to new games and reviews of new releases. Is the information going to change, possibly, as with all games in development, however, they did get an invite to 343i and get a preview of the first level of the campaign and a few MP matches. I assume nobody spent the time to read the attached article or the fact that Frank O'Connor who works at 343i basically said yeah that is the way it is though there are some exaggerations of the exact function of certain features (the random weapon spawn system). SO the information has been confirmed, though he had said it is not all of it, what was said is accurate.

Game Informer is a nationally sold gaming magazine that is generally seen as the authority when it comes to new games and reviews of new releases. Is the information going to change, possibly, as with all games in development, however, they did get an invite to 343i and get a preview of the first level of the campaign and a few MP matches. I assume nobody spent the time to read the attached article or the fact that Frank O'Connor who works at 343i basically said yeah that is the way it is though there are some exaggerations of the exact function of certain features (the random weapon spawn system). SO the information has been confirmed, though he had said it is not all of it, what was said is accurate.

Yes yes. I'm sorry. I was way to quick to speak. My apologies.

Yes yes. I'm sorry. I was way to quick to speak. My apologies.

No problem man, I just did a lot of research on this, I really want H4 to be amazing but this news just really upset me. I didn't want anyone to think I was trolling or randomly spewing junk I read on like wikipedia, I mean I read up on this a lot, I kind of wanted to see if anyone could convince me that things like X-Ray vision, instaspawns, and random weapon spawns could possibly seen as good, to me it just sounds like something that if they released in a public beta would get shot down in like 3 days of live testing. :/