•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Shoutbox

@  Delpen9 : (17 April 2014 - 07:12 PM) manley so dont need no khakis. all camo shorts
@  The Dumb Marine : (17 April 2014 - 07:11 PM) @Delpen9 Dan't make meh get the big o' six pack on y'all. I will have y'all know I mastered your here drunk fu.
@  Delpen9 : (17 April 2014 - 07:11 PM) Gonna get more camo shorts. hunting season ey'.
@  Self Destruct : (17 April 2014 - 07:10 PM) Fly like an eagle, an' sing like a tree!
@  therubyprincess : (17 April 2014 - 07:10 PM) :P
@  Self Destruct : (17 April 2014 - 07:09 PM) Posthaste!
@  Delpen9 : (17 April 2014 - 07:09 PM) @Self Destruct @The Dumb Marine I'm giving you those re-spectacles you deserves.
@  Delpen9 : (17 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) I'm really in the doldrums with finding topics to post on.
@  The Dumb Marine : (17 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) @Delpen9 Done gon! Y'allr doin' that tickno hocus pokus 'n I recommand y'all cut thayat out boy.
@  therubyprincess : (17 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) ya thanks for that not
@  Self Destruct : (17 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) We're the Redneck representatives of the site. Show some re-spectation compadre!
@  Delpen9 : (17 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) Actually, continue doing it. xD
@  Delpen9 : (17 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) @The Dumb Marine Stop being discriminatory.
@  Self Destruct : (17 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) Dern those so-phisticated Roughins and their hipster songs!
@  The Dumb Marine : (17 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) Dem done gon rednecks be 'ttackin' our propertay 'gain.
@  Self Destruct : (17 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) I should've known
@  The Dumb Marine : (17 April 2014 - 07:04 PM) Just Rednecks man.
@  Self Destruct : (17 April 2014 - 07:04 PM) Woah. PDA
@  HaloGeek : (17 April 2014 - 07:01 PM) Privet
@  Aiden Pearce : (17 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) @Sιlεƞτ Aʟρнα :hugz:

Photo

Please god, no Armour Abilities.

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#41 M4sterCJ117

M4sterCJ117

Jackal

• Members
  • 11 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:M4sterCJ117
  • LocationAlberta,Canada

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:03 AM

awsome thanks but all u really have to do is click the three at the top or bottom of the page infact it is right that way up or down :arrow:
p.s. it will take me awile to get use to figuring it out but i don't feel like trying it right now

#42 MBT Knights MBT

MBT Knights MBT

Prophet of Mercy

• Members
  • 258 posts
Liked
  • LocationBungie.net

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:04 AM

It's just like bungie.net.
SAS Halo3 ~ Founder

Group Home

#43 M4sterCJ117

M4sterCJ117

Jackal

• Members
  • 11 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:M4sterCJ117
  • LocationAlberta,Canada

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:15 AM

or just have different sections like the competitive, cooperative, ect, but now with classic which has every thing the same as the others just no armour abilities

duh i cuda just done this :oops:

#44 Fire

Fire

Brony Timelord

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,254 posts
Favorable
  • Gamertag:emo kitten 32
  • LocationThe Ozarks

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:38 AM

I have faith in 343i

>Anxiously awaiting the return of the legendary Spectral Jester<

>Come read my halo fan-fiction as it develops<

>If my post has helped you, make sure to click the like button<

>I was Honored to serve as a Community Moderator for the astounding forum Twam has given us<

>Like us on Facebook< >Follow us on Google Plus<

>Follow us on Twitter< >Join our Steam Group<

>Subscribe to us on Youtube<

#45 Fang

Fang

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 64 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

:!: .. Bravo! Do you want to confirm your presidential candidacy for 2012 as well.. Cause I'd vote for you!

Maybe Reach should be scraped, think about how much they have changed, broke and fixed. Though we know that 343 has adopted some features of reach (we have already seen assassination animations in Halo CE Anniversary) which means some aspects of Reach they like. I'm excited to see what they keep and what they through out the window.

I just hope they go back and play Halo 1 through Halo 3 and take a good look at the core gameplay in all 3 games. (BRING BACK THE SPEED OF HALO 2!)

We dont really know if they have adopted anything from reach yet because the multiplayer for Halo CE Anniversary is still Reach. Its just basically some of the maps from halo 1 put onto Reach. KInda like a bigger map pack. Im sure many people are disappointed they didnt remake the H1 multiplayer but i think its maybe for the best that they didnt try and recreate it. It just wouldn't be able to live up to the hype

#46 Fire

Fire

Brony Timelord

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,254 posts
Favorable
  • LocationThe Ozarks

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

Oh I was not aware that the maps were for reach only.

>I was Honored to serve as a Community Moderator for the astounding forum Twam has given us<

#47 Fang

Fang

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 64 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

Oh I was not aware that the maps were for reach only.

Yea its not like they are remaking the whole halo 1 MP which i dont have much of a problem with. It would have taken alot of time away from the production of halo 4.

#48 Fire

Fire

Brony Timelord

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,254 posts
Favorable
  • LocationThe Ozarks

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

True, but if 343i makes any mistakes.. the fanboys' wrath would be unmeasurable

#49 Fang

Fang

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 64 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

True, but if 343i makes any mistakes.. the fanboys' wrath would be unmeasurable

True. I mean i love Halo CE as much as anybody. Its what got me into the series, but im not going to scrutinize every single detail about the remake. As long as its feels the same and they dont change anything major then i will be happy with it.

#50 Fire

Fire

Brony Timelord

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,254 posts
Favorable
  • LocationThe Ozarks

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

Yes, Halo CEA is 343i's chance to learn what it's like. I will love it no matter WAR

#51 MBT Knights MBT

MBT Knights MBT

Prophet of Mercy

• Members
  • 258 posts
Liked
  • LocationBungie.net

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

I can't wait to play CEA.
SAS Halo3 ~ Founder

Group Home

#52 AWOL DJ

AWOL DJ

Grunt

• Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

I've played Halo and loved it since 2001. When I played Reach during the beta for the first time, the use of AA was amazing. I remember myself saying -and still telling people today who have never played it- that it feels like combat evolved all over again. Halo is all about freedom and AA give you more freedom than ever before. To me AA are a natural evolution of the gameplay. Hope there are a few people who feel the same way.

#53 Fire

Fire

Brony Timelord

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,254 posts
Favorable
  • LocationThe Ozarks

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

That certainly is unusual, i liked some of them (EVADE SPRINT HOLOGRAM ACTIVE CAMO) all ok Armor lock broke the game

#54 Edgar Allen Pwn

Edgar Allen Pwn

Grunt

• Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:08 AM

I totally agree with the OP, armor abilities are one of the many things that made Reach trail in the dust of how fun and well made H3 was.

-Armor lock is too good to be spawned with and repeatedly used.

-Drop shield is too good to be spawned with and repeatedly used.

-Jet-packs are too good to be spawned with and repeatedly used.

-Camo is nerfed to the point of unusability... let us pick up good camo instead of spawning with garbage camo.

-Sprint should have just been a default ability rather than something you have to choose.

-Evade is same as sprint; it should be a default ability for Elites.

-Hologram is the sole AA that is perfectly balanced and fine.

So please, 343, don't eff this up. Returning to the time-tested, well balanced system in which abilities have to be picked up rather than spawned with will save Halo 4's MP from the horror that was Reach. :cry:

#55 TheCobaltOcean

TheCobaltOcean

Elite

• Members
  • 82 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

OK, for all the people who don't understand why the other Halo games didn't have the AA's story wise is because the Spartans in Reach are Spartan 3's, a mass produced at the cost of efficiency type deal where they were individually weaker that S-2's but there were far more of them. They were made for suicide missions and given specific, lower grade armor that had slots for these upgrades that were meant to try and make up for the sheer loss of power at not having Mjonlnir Armor(The S-3's used the Semi-Powered-Infiltrator suits (SPI armor)) The S-3's were the only Spartans given these AA's, and all of it would have been deployed with them, or left on Onyx, Their base of training and possibly the site of the next game, and both ways the Tech was lost and never distributed to the S-2's. That's why we don't have the AA's in the other games. The Equipment in H3 looked mostly Covenant with the exception of the Human made Mine, which story wise would mainly appear in major Human defensive positions and planned expeditionary units.

You couldn't be more wrong unless you were trolling. Spartan III's are NOT individually weaker. They had the same augmentations that Spartan II's had, just a far safer drug applied augmentation method (100% Success) and their training was just the same, if not better than Spartan II's. It also cannot be Onyx as Onyx is now a ball of Trillions of hostile Onyx Sentinels which would atomize John on sight. Noble Team would have gained their shielded MJOLNIR armour at roughly the Same time John did (Just before the Fall began) and so John would have gained the enhancements too. Although I do agree with the SPI mention, there must be an SPI armour permutations, Which I have argued for, for a long, long time.

Besides, I really did not like the AA's and equipment because they were just stupid and ridiculous- and uncanon.
Sprint for Spartans should be unlimited (Or very, very long), Spartans can lock their armour- It's just they need some one on the outside to unlock it. John does not have thrusters in his MJOLNIR - see Halo 2 beginning, see Ghosts of Onyx, see Maria testing it in United Korea. Also equipment never appeared in the books, If a Spartan wanted extra shields, they had to steal a Jackal one etc
IF ANYONE FURTHER STATES THE MYSTERY PLANET IS ONYX- I WILL EAT THEIR SOULS
DON'T ARGUE WITH CANON -IT'S THERE FOR A REASON!!!

#56 starshot36

starshot36

Brute

• Members
  • 42 posts
Liked
  • LocationPortsmouth,England

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:03 AM

Sprint should not be implemented in the game because that would be awful, AA all together should be taken away, jetpack was alright but everyone used it if armour lock wasn't available
I'm ready! How about you?!- Emile,Noble Team

#57 Brooney

Brooney

Drone

• Members
  • 20 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

AA were a good addition, but you shouldn't spawn with them as a standard.
Some abilities were obviously much much better than other ones. It works much better when all players start with the same AA, and the other abilities can be picked up around on he map. It makes the game much more fair and it does reward those who have knowledge of the game. It's the same setup as Major League Gaming uses fo their events currently.
Armor abilities need tone worked with. The jet pack as an example is pretty much useless when the gravity settings are high.
You can sprint and jump, shut of sprint till you land, and do it all over again. The sprints get like 3 times longer if you perfect it.

#58 caleb_shadow

caleb_shadow

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 73 posts
Liked

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

the sprint should be keeped like call of duty
Posted Image

#59 Baykem

Baykem

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 157 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Baykem
  • LocationOklahoma

Achievements

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

I second that, except i like sprint, and i could live with evade, but everything else is not halo to me imo

#60 ess monsoon

ess monsoon

Drone

• Members
  • 22 posts
Neutral

Achievements

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:16 AM

you can forget armor abilities. they were prototypes in reach. they were destroyed there too. same with dmr. and the "jet pack" in the halo 4 trailer is a thruster pack. used for zero gravity combat. they have allways been there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users