Please god, no Armour Abilities.

RampageUK

I've played Halo and loved it since 2001. When I played Reach during the beta for the first time, the use of AA was amazing. I remember myself saying -and still telling people today who have never played it- that it feels like combat evolved all over again. Halo is all about freedom and AA give you more freedom than ever before. To me AA are a natural evolution of the gameplay. Hope there are a few people who feel the same way.

I totally agree with the OP, armor abilities are one of the many things that made Reach trail in the dust of how fun and well made H3 was.

-Armor lock is too good to be spawned with and repeatedly used.

-Drop shield is too good to be spawned with and repeatedly used.

-Jet-packs are too good to be spawned with and repeatedly used.

-Camo is nerfed to the point of unusability... let us pick up good camo instead of spawning with garbage camo.

-Sprint should have just been a default ability rather than something you have to choose.

-Evade is same as sprint; it should be a default ability for Elites.

-Hologram is the sole AA that is perfectly balanced and fine.

So please, 343, don't eff this up. Returning to the time-tested, well balanced system in which abilities have to be picked up rather than spawned with will save Halo 4's MP from the horror that was Reach. :cry:

OK, for all the people who don't understand why the other Halo games didn't have the AA's story wise is because the Spartans in Reach are Spartan 3's, a mass produced at the cost of efficiency type deal where they were individually weaker that S-2's but there were far more of them. They were made for suicide missions and given specific, lower grade armor that had slots for these upgrades that were meant to try and make up for the sheer loss of power at not having Mjonlnir Armor(The S-3's used the Semi-Powered-Infiltrator suits (SPI armor)) The S-3's were the only Spartans given these AA's, and all of it would have been deployed with them, or left on Onyx, Their base of training and possibly the site of the next game, and both ways the Tech was lost and never distributed to the S-2's. That's why we don't have the AA's in the other games. The Equipment in H3 looked mostly Covenant with the exception of the Human made Mine, which story wise would mainly appear in major Human defensive positions and planned expeditionary units.

You couldn't be more wrong unless you were trolling. Spartan III's are NOT individually weaker. They had the same augmentations that Spartan II's had, just a far safer drug applied augmentation method (100% Success) and their training was just the same, if not better than Spartan II's. It also cannot be Onyx as Onyx is now a ball of Trillions of hostile Onyx Sentinels which would atomize John on sight. Noble Team would have gained their shielded MJOLNIR armour at roughly the Same time John did (Just before the Fall began) and so John would have gained the enhancements too. Although I do agree with the SPI mention, there must be an SPI armour permutations, Which I have argued for, for a long, long time.

Besides, I really did not like the AA's and equipment because they were just stupid and ridiculous- and uncanon.

Sprint for Spartans should be unlimited (Or very, very long), Spartans can lock their armour- It's just they need some one on the outside to unlock it. John does not have thrusters in his MJOLNIR - see Halo 2 beginning, see Ghosts of Onyx, see Maria testing it in United Korea. Also equipment never appeared in the books, If a Spartan wanted extra shields, they had to steal a Jackal one etc

AA were a good addition, but you shouldn't spawn with them as a standard.

Some abilities were obviously much much better than other ones. It works much better when all players start with the same AA, and the other abilities can be picked up around on he map. It makes the game much more fair and it does reward those who have knowledge of the game. It's the same setup as Major League Gaming uses fo their events currently.

Armor abilities need tone worked with. The jet pack as an example is pretty much useless when the gravity settings are high.

You can sprint and jump, shut of sprint till you land, and do it all over again. The sprints get like 3 times longer if you perfect it.

If they include the crappy armour abilities they for some reason put in Halo: Reach, I will go ape ****. **** Jet Packs, Armour Lock, Sprint and ****ty Camo.

I hope 343 will do the right thing and make Halo: 4 more like Halo: 3, 2 and 1!

Please god!

YOU SHOULD THINK THAT THERE WOULD BE THOSE ARMOUR ABILITIES AND NEW ARMOUR ABILITIES AND THERE CUSTOMIZATION AND MAKE UR OWN ONE THAT WOULD BE COOL :lol: :lol: :lol: MAKE UR OWN WOULD BE SO COOL :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No armor abilities should be given. Instead they should give you perks depending on the type of armor you decide to wear. If you want cosmetic application of armor instead then just have some slots available for armor perks that boost certain physical capabilities. Also reintroducing equipment as something you choose to spawn with and have only one use instead of something you pick up off the ground.

The only thing I can say about that is that I hope they intigrate Sprinting into the controls permantly. I mean really, think about it, if your a kick ass spartan like Master Chief, you are going to be able to sprint for periods at a time, like in call of duty. I mean its a great thing to have. You shouldnt have to pick it up to use it, it should already be there to use along with other stuff you have. No you shouldn't have infinite sprint like in some game types people make, but it should wear off after a certain distance you run too. I dunno, thats my opinion and I hope they decide to do that.

I personally like armor abilities, but i think they need to be changed some. Like only being able to use them twice then their done and you have to pick it up again. Or for example AL should be a bit shorter and not generate an emp blast when you come out of it and Sprint should just be added into the controls. But i highly doubt they will be in their because um where is he going to get them?

and i swear if see the word "perk" come up in Halo 4...