Please god, no Armour Abilities.

RampageUK

I think that armor abilities were a great addition to Halo. Now my favorite is armor lock (I know some of you might think it is noobish), but sometimes people actually have a strategy to go along with the armor ability and that makes it more challenging than annoying. And I don't always automatically choose armor lock. It depends on the map, game type, tier, and sometimes opponents. The noobs that spam armor lock are really annoying, but if you become impatient then chances are they will get you. If you take your time, keep your space, and time your grenades correctly you will have no problem.

I completely disagree, I think the armor abilities make Halo more exciting and fun, it can turn the tide of battle in an instant, and it can make for great videos/screenshots!

Exactly.

First of all both of you definitely started playing halo after you first played call of duty if you want sprint and a ranking system everyone can be a high level go back to call of duty. Halo was made to be competitiive and not like call of duty. All armor abilities did was make kids who can shoot or aim be able to evade kids who are overall better in skill. You cant tell me a 3 year old couldnt get shot at once and sprint away in all the other halos you had to stay and fight one on one alot and that showed true skill. The game was 100 times more competitive in the old halos before reach. Im sorry but 343 needs to go back to old halo because im sorry but halo reach was not a true halo game. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were addicting.....Reach gets annoyoing cause it takes hardly any skill sorry they tried to copy call of duty and failed.

This exactly. I mean people can deny Reach was a failure but most people know better than that. We need to get as far away from reachs gameplay as we possibly can. The old saying If its not broke, dont fix it works very well in the case of halo. The same forumla worked amazing for h1, h2, and h3, and its not like it was the same game repackaged each time like CoD is. They changed things each time while still remaining faithful to the core gameplay that is halo. We dont need loadouts, AAs, Bloom, or any other novelty.

Reach just feels sloppy to play. Individual battles look ridiculous and the game is just much too slow-paced compared to past halos. Reach brought a lot of good to the table and had a lot of potential so i dont think scrapping everything from the game is what needs to be done. For example, the new Forge is great and needs to be implemented into h4.

The problem is it seems like bungie made reach with too much input from their own forums. While you should listen to your fans as they will be playing it, just remember that most of these fans also have no clue what it takes to make a good video game and their demands change on a whim. Dont let people who want to play competent, fair, and balanced games suffer because others just ask for the first things that pop into their head.

Just because a game is extremely complex and has a million different components doesnt make it good(see MW2). Past halo multiplayer was great because of its simplistic nature. If the game has too much to it, it then starts to become more situational and less skill based.

I think that armor abilities were a great addition to Halo. Now my favorite is armor lock (I know some of you might think it is noobish), but sometimes people actually have a strategy to go along with the armor ability and that makes it more challenging than annoying. And I don't always automatically choose armor lock. It depends on the map, game type, tier, and sometimes opponents. The noobs that spam armor lock are really annoying, but if you become impatient then chances are they will get you. If you take your time, keep your space, and time your grenades correctly you will have no problem.

You really dont see a problem with armor lock? Im sure most people can agree that slowing down the pace of the game is bad and nonproductive. So why would not only slowing down gameplay, but actually bringing it to a complete stand still for however long armor lock lasts(much too long) be a good idea? AAs need to go and this one is at the top of this list with sprint

OK, for all the people who don't understand why the other Halo games didn't have the AA's story wise is because the Spartans in Reach are Spartan 3's, a mass produced at the cost of efficiency type deal where they were individually weaker that S-2's but there were far more of them. They were made for suicide missions and given specific, lower grade armor that had slots for these upgrades that were meant to try and make up for the sheer loss of power at not having Mjonlnir Armor(The S-3's used the Semi-Powered-Infiltrator suits (SPI armor)) The S-3's were the only Spartans given these AA's, and all of it would have been deployed with them, or left on Onyx, Their base of training and possibly the site of the next game, and both ways the Tech was lost and never distributed to the S-2's. That's why we don't have the AA's in the other games. The Equipment in H3 looked mostly Covenant with the exception of the Human made Mine, which story wise would mainly appear in major Human defensive positions and planned expeditionary units.

Im on the fence about this, because im a SWAT girl, all i play in halo really is SWAT, more so in Reach, and you see sprint is very important, but with all of the other AA i have no use for, and really is silly. I think they should have an AA playlist, but not in the common team slayer (no "classic, etc, its too confusing with all of those playlists!) so to conclude, dont take out the AA completely(really only in a specific playlist, and not at all except for sprint in all others, or something along those lines), but really i want it to be sparse in the campaign, except for sprint, i think sprint should be a baseline option on the controller like most games out there.

This exactly. I mean people can deny Reach was a failure but most people know better than that. We need to get as far away from reachs gameplay as we possibly can. The old saying If its not broke, dont fix it works very well in the case of halo. The same forumla worked amazing for h1, h2, and h3, and its not like it was the same game repackaged each time like CoD is. They changed things each time while still remaining faithful to the core gameplay that is halo. We dont need loadouts, AAs, Bloom, or any other novelty.

Reach just feels sloppy to play. Individual battles look ridiculous and the game is just much too slow-paced compared to past halos. Reach brought a lot of good to the table and had a lot of potential so i dont think scrapping everything from the game is what needs to be done. For example, the new Forge is great and needs to be implemented into h4.

The problem is it seems like bungie made reach with too much input from their own forums. While you should listen to your fans as they will be playing it, just remember that most of these fans also have no clue what it takes to make a good video game and their demands change on a whim. Dont let people who want to play competent, fair, and balanced games suffer because others just ask for the first things that pop into their head.

Just because a game is extremely complex and has a million different components doesnt make it good(see MW2). Past halo multiplayer was great because of its simplistic nature. If the game has too much to it, it then starts to become more situational and less skill based.

:!: .. Bravo! Do you want to confirm your presidential candidacy for 2012 as well.. Cause I'd vote for you!

Maybe Reach should be scraped, think about how much they have changed, broke and fixed. Though we know that 343 has adopted some features of reach (we have already seen assassination animations in Halo CE Anniversary) which means some aspects of Reach they like. I'm excited to see what they keep and what they through out the window.

I just hope they go back and play Halo 1 through Halo 3 and take a good look at the core gameplay in all 3 games. (BRING BACK THE SPEED OF HALO 2!)

I have to say one thing, they barely "copied" "call of duty" many games implement these "traits" you are speaking of, and all of them are backed up, things similar to AAs were used by the Spartan IIIs because they were not as strong as the IIs, etc, along with bloom, etc, REACH WAS A PREQUEL, it wasnt supposed to be like the other Halos at all, i barely consider it Halo, that doesnt mean i dont have a lot of fun playing it, because i feel like its a different game, and well to me the most important thing in SWAT like i said in my earlier post, so things didnt change TOO much, but from someone who has been playing HALO from the beginning, i cant wait for the next halo , and the two after that, ive been waiting since halo 3 release (okay when i saw the legendary ending i knew they would have the 4th) ;)

read my other post in the third set of posts because then everyone is happy if they take my idea and if ur not happy than you are a grump

?? You should give us a link.. By the way whats a "grump"?

read my other post in the third set of posts because then everyone is happy if they take my idea and if ur not happy than you are a grump

?? You should give us a link.. By the way whats a "grump"?

grump is simply a grumpy person

ok that works to

it is a thing that all the little kids at my school say and i see it as being a nice way saying jerk, also i will admit i don't now how to link (stupid ****ty school with its no computer classes)

p.s. i ment my other post was on page 3

You can post a link by using the button that says "URL" when you are creating your post. You should see it next to "Img" and "Flash" buttons

you post your link in between "http://" <- These symbols -> "" make sure to copy the whole web address.

:!: .. Bravo! Do you want to confirm your presidential candidacy for 2012 as well.. Cause I'd vote for you!

Maybe Reach should be scraped, think about how much they have changed, broke and fixed. Though we know that 343 has adopted some features of reach (we have already seen assassination animations in Halo CE Anniversary) which means some aspects of Reach they like. I'm excited to see what they keep and what they through out the window.

I just hope they go back and play Halo 1 through Halo 3 and take a good look at the core gameplay in all 3 games. (BRING BACK THE SPEED OF HALO 2!)

We dont really know if they have adopted anything from reach yet because the multiplayer for Halo CE Anniversary is still Reach. Its just basically some of the maps from halo 1 put onto Reach. KInda like a bigger map pack. Im sure many people are disappointed they didnt remake the H1 multiplayer but i think its maybe for the best that they didnt try and recreate it. It just wouldn't be able to live up to the hype

True, but if 343i makes any mistakes.. the fanboys' wrath would be unmeasurable

True. I mean i love Halo CE as much as anybody. Its what got me into the series, but im not going to scrutinize every single detail about the remake. As long as its feels the same and they dont change anything major then i will be happy with it.