Please god, no Armour Abilities.

RampageUK

Ok, what you are about to see is data taken directly from Halo 2. The point of this is me trying to illustrate how the concepts and actuals that we saw in Halo 4, have a deeper root than just that title...

Take note to the bottom section of this "powerup" equipment tag. Halo 2 was meant to have both Full Spectrum (Promethian Vision) and Sprint...but was cut due to development restraints and time.

AA%20concept%20Halo%202.png

Next up is a more specific item. We see the various "team Designation" that was supposed to be used. Obviously not all of them were used...

engineer%20and%20juggernaut_halo%202.png

In the next, we see that headhunter was not only supposed to be a gametype in Reach, but for Halo 2 as well....

othr%20gametypes.png

Now yes some of these things have nothing to do with halo 4, but I thought it was important to show some of you that these AA's you all hate so much...were supposed to be added into basic multiplayer gameplay way back with Halo 2. making them standard loadout, or equipment does not negate the fact that AA's are usefull and serve their purpose in the Halo universe. Thanks for reading my TL;DR post guys. Peace!

• Like 3

As long as AA's are kept out of classic playlists and playlists that require skill etc, both sides will be happy, the ones who hate them and the ones who want to use them. If you want a less cheap and less nooby Halo experience, you play without them. If you want an adrenaline-filled pubescent experience, you play with them. It's pretty simple and both parties can be made happy easily.

If they include the crappy armour abilities they for some reason put in Halo: Reach, I will go ape ****. **** Jet Packs, Armour Lock, Sprint and ****ty Camo.

I hope 343 will do the right thing and make Halo: 4 more like Halo: 3, 2 and 1!

Please god!

I actually like armor abilites, not all of them but most of them. And there are already has been announced

There is nothing wrong with an armor ability. Its just that everyone shouldn't have it all at once at all times. Less frequent ability usage makes game play less annoying, and less repetitive.

I agree and they will have armor ability so ya

As long as AA's are kept out of classic playlists and playlists that require skill etc, both sides will be happy, the ones who hate them and the ones who want to use them. If you want a less cheap and less nooby Halo experience, you play without them. If you want an adrenaline-filled pubescent experience, you play with them. It's pretty simple and both parties can be made happy easily.

Your opinion here can be disputed widely. Armor Abilities add more skill to the game as well as taking some original skill from it. I could just as easily say that classic gameplay is "cheap and nooby". Please do not reference your opinions as if they are fact.

Your opinion here can be disputed widely. Armor Abilities add more skill to the game as well as taking some original skill from it. I could just as easily say that classic gameplay is "cheap and nooby". Please do not reference your opinions as if they are fact.

Never said they were facts buddy. Yea pressing a button and seeing someone through a wall does add more skill. And how is being out DMRed in a classic playlist cheap and nooby?

Never said they were facts buddy. Yea pressing a button and seeing someone through a wall does add more skill. And how is being out DMRed in a classic playlist cheap and nooby?

Because a DMR is hardly classic. If anything it should be the original Halo 1 pistol, unlimited power and all. Arguably, the Br can be counted, but let's be honest, only the new kiddies use the BR, those who haven't any skill. Strafing? Pfft, I double jumped and hid behind my invincible vehicles.

And that is the problem with hating new features, and sticking adamantly to the old. There will always be someone else who will stick to something more hardline. Personally, I like all the Halos, and the only reason that is, is because they all offer something unique, just like 4 will. Give it some time.

How is being shot out of the air while jet-packing cheap and nooby? AA's have their faults. When you look through that wall, you announce your position to everyone. When you fly up in the air, you can't maneuver as well as on foot. When you engage active camo, you announce your position. Skill is needed. Classic is just as cheap as modern. Classic: rockets/grenades and snipers rule. No easy evasion. Modern: Skilled AA users can counter these weapons and cause a need for more sniping practice. But the AA's have faults. Your argument is not fact and can be disputed and disproved. AA's are no more cheap and nooby than your Classic rockets, grenades, and snipers.