The Heart of War [Reach Machinima]

Donut

I just got a spark of genius:

So, 3 team mates are in a Warthog, while the other two are in a separate one. They are driving along, and all of a sudden things start exploding around them. One of the Warthogs flips over and over while the other crashes (thankfully the two in there got out before it blew up) and turns into a flying ball of fire. So, then Covenant start coming out from every where and the two team mates are pinned down. The other three team mates, try to save them but they are taking to much enemy fire. So they go back to a fall back position and think of a plan. They soon come up with a plan to extract the fellow team mates. ( I still need to think of a plan)

Here`s an idea...

A search and rescue mission, where either one of the squad, or some other high ranking or important individual is captured, taken to an Elite outpost. First we do an arial search, then, at night (purple SFX) we drop in from Falcons (using jetpacks of course), infiltrate the base, assassinating/killing any elites in the way, retrieve the individual, then get picked up at some designated area.

Note: Only 3 spartans would be able to do the infiltration part, since the other 2 would have to be waiting at the extraction point after dropping off the 3

Here`s an idea...

A search and rescue mission, where either one of the squad, or some other high ranking or important individual is captured, taken to an Elite outpost. First we do an arial search, then, at night (purple SFX) we drop in from Falcons (using jetpacks of course), infiltrate the base, assassinating/killing any elites in the way, retrieve the individual, then get picked up at some designated area.

Note: Only 3 spartans would be able to do the infiltration part, since the other 2 would have to be waiting at the extraction point after dropping off the 3

At the extraction point, only 1 would be waiting because the other would be captured. I like the idea Zag, but there's a lot of effects in Sony Vegas, even some you wouldn't expect to be there. There's even a 'Night' effect there, so I think we should play with no FX from now on, to make it easier to see. Good idea? I had the trial for Sony Vegas Pro 11 and the 'Night' effect worked really well. :)

Ok this has been kinda bugging me since we started, imo we should be going in order, not random stunt scenes, other random scene ideas here and there... at least so we can get all the scenes done for the first episode for soon after you have Sony Vegas.

So.. Here's what I've thought of so far;

You wanted to start it out with Shadow and your characters on Condemned (least I think you still wanna start there) with either elites attacking or not attacking and you escape the station on something (lol) and then _______________________________________

ZB, Aza and my character's start off in Ridgeline where we are told to go to Highlands (this part I think instead of just sitting by the Falcon being given the orders then flying off, we actually have like a meeting discussing it, then we walk over with the commander and then leave)

Then at Highlands, the two squads meet up, we become a team, we meet with another officer, or, sit in front of something that can be made to look like a monitor where you edit in a recording of someone giving orders...?

The orders there could be to go to the base at Boneyard where some ODST's have captured an Elite Zealot, and we are told to interrogate it and immediately move on whatever information it gives...?

After the orders are given, we could do the scene where the ODST's capture the Elite (without the random plasma grenades) on the Zealot map (how coincidental), then we do a scene where the team (us) lift off from Highlands and fly towards Boneyard (I don't know if Falcons are placeable on Boneyard so we might have to have a detour mission given so we get some other mode of transportation to arrive in at Boneyard)

The detour mission could be to assist some MPs (Military Police) in stopping a riot or, helping some marines in a firefight.

Then, we get into Warthogs, mongooses, or even Tanks, and head to Boneyard.

Before we get there, we redo the scene (without the clowning around) where the elites kill the ODST's guarding the Zealot and then leave in w.e vehicles we think of, maybe 2 ghosts and a Revenant...

We arrive at Boneyard, see the Zealot is missing and the ODST's are all dead, we make the mission report, head back to highlands and give the report to whoever the commanding officer is.

^ That could be extended to be around 10+ minutes right?

Ok this has been kinda bugging me since we started, imo we should be going in order, not random stunt scenes, other random scene ideas here and there... at least so we can get all the scenes done for the first episode for soon after you have Sony Vegas.

So.. Here's what I've thought of so far;

You wanted to start it out with Shadow and your characters on Condemned (least I think you still wanna start there) with either elites attacking or not attacking and you escape the station on something (lol) and then _______________________________________

ZB, Aza and my character's start off in Ridgeline where we are told to go to Highlands (this part I think instead of just sitting by the Falcon being given the orders then flying off, we actually have like a meeting discussing it, then we walk over with the commander and then leave)

Then at Highlands, the two squads meet up, we become a team, we meet with another officer, or, sit in front of something that can be made to look like a monitor where you edit in a recording of someone giving orders...?

The orders there could be to go to the base at Boneyard where some ODST's have captured an Elite Zealot, and we are told to interrogate it and immediately move on whatever information it gives...?

After the orders are given, we could do the scene where the ODST's capture the Elite (without the random plasma grenades) on the Zealot map (how coincidental), then we do a scene where the team (us) lift off from Highlands and fly towards Boneyard (I don't know if Falcons are placeable on Boneyard so we might have to have a detour mission given so we get some other mode of transportation to arrive in at Boneyard)

The detour mission could be to assist some MPs (Military Police) in stopping a riot or, helping some marines in a firefight.

Then, we get into Warthogs, mongooses, or even Tanks, and head to Boneyard.

Before we get there, we redo the scene (without the clowning around) where the elites kill the ODST's guarding the Zealot and then leave in w.e vehicles we think of, maybe 2 ghosts and a Revenant...

We arrive at Boneyard, see the Zealot is missing and the ODST's are all dead, we make the mission report, head back to highlands and give the report to whoever the commanding officer is.

^ That could be extended to be around 10+ minutes right?

When the ODST's capture the Elite, it should be the other way around. It shows the ODST's capturing the Elite and then we go to Boneyard and see the ODST's and then detonate it.

(Everything else I like)

I didn't mean anything in brackets to be put in... the random grenades was a reminder to ZB not to throw any when he respawns xD

Everything outside of brackets is what I meant to put in.

The "without the random grenades" and "without clowning around" were meant to be reminders of what not to do, everything else should be done.

• 1 month later...