Armor Abilities: Old and New (suggestions)

DarkNazo

First off, let me start out by saying 2 things: I have a 3 person group coming up with this stuff and if I even hear and see the words "Armor" and "Lock" together, I am not gonna be happy. So, I have come here today bringing you things that needs to be fixed and some suggestions coming from the faces of me and 2 friends. We're not sure if thre will be armor abilities, but it can't hurt to post this... much.

Abilities to be kept:

Sprint- Sprint was what I picked 7 out of 10 times. I always used it. Please keep it.

Jetpack- True, I don't use it much, but some things I did on Reach that I enjoyed required this. Let's face it, will it be easy to hijack that Falcon without this?

Active Camo- Alright, I know some of you will argue with me about the next 2. Shut up and listen. Don't you find it amusing when the noobs freak out about 50 people on the radar? I know I do.

Hologram- I love using Holograms to fool people. You would think no one would fall for it. Fact is, there are more idiots than you think. Guilty... :(

Evade- I'm gonna be honest. I'm not good with evade, but it's very good with tactics.

Abilities to be trashed and/or fixed:

Armor Lock- Do I have to go on?

Drop Shield- All I'm asking is to fix that fact that if some certain explosives blows up in a drop shield your XBOX WILL be set on fire, no questions.

Abilities we came up with:

E.m.p Wave: With this, your Spartan will shoot out a wave of energy that will disable the radar of any spartan or any kind of technology (not counting weapons). Yes, this means vehicles. Credit goes to ME!!!

Spartan Sight: With this, enemies will glow red and you will be able to easily see them from far away, on other side of walls, with camo, etc. Unlocked as the match goes on. Credit goes to DrPeppervsCoke.

Disguise: Your spartan changes to look like someone else on the other team. While people on your team see an icon about your head that means "Disguised player". Credit goes to ME AGAIN!!!

Energy Shield: With this, your spartan makes a shield appear. It's not a shield that covers your hole body, just your front side. This is to prevent the same mistake that armor lock had. Credit goes to Guess who... ME!!!

Kamikaze: This is what you're thinking. You blow up on your command. BUT... it does not subtract from your points. Unlocked as match goes on. Credit to insanity in the making, ME!!!!

Assist Call: Personally, I don't enjoy the idea of noobs getting OP weapons and an OP vehicle, but I think this would be cool. You call for a drop ship and it drop random items near you. It can drop any combination of things. Such as, Rocket Launcher, Warthog, and Jetpack. Maybe even Battle Rifle, Scorpian, and Kamikaze. Unlocked as match goes on. Credit goes to WantedinRiot.

Advanced Hologram: Like Hologram, but it fights by your side. Unlocked as match goes on. Credit to ME ONCE MORE!!!

Grapple: Well, there's a grappling hook. My friend left this extremely vague. Vague credit to DrPeppervsCoke. (vaguely)

This is all for now. I will be back to continue and make adjustments. If there are typos disregard, my computer was laggy. Feel free to add to this list and have a nice day.

Active camo should go back to being a power up and not be an armor ability. Granted that camo has progressively "sucked" more in each halo, I feel that most people just choose this armor ability because of the radar stuff.

Armor lock can be fixed in my mind by making the entire "charge" of it be completely depleted by one use and/or have gun fire actually hurt them while they are using it (will still be useful against vehicles trying to splatter you this way).

As for the ones you and your group created:

E.m.p Wave: With this, your Spartan will shoot out a wave of energy that will disable the radar of any spartan or any kind of technology (not counting weapons). Yes, this means vehicles. Credit goes to ME!!!

This could be the alternative if camo is actually made a power up again. This may be the only one of yours that I actually like.

Spartan Sight: With this, enemies will glow red and you will be able to easily see them from far away, on other side of walls, with camo, etc. Unlocked as the match goes on. Credit goes to DrPeppervsCoke.

Completely broken. Pretty much you team should get at least 2 or more kills every time this one is used since you can constantly say where everyone on the other team is or going.

Disguise: Your spartan changes to look like someone else on the other team. While people on your team see an icon about your head that means "Disguised player". Credit goes to ME AGAIN!!!

This one seems like it would be pointless unless you're using it to just mess around. The other team would have to be pretty dull in the brain to not notice someone their team color running around without an emblem/call sign above them.

Energy Shield: With this, your spartan makes a shield appear. It's not a shield that covers your hole body, just your front side. This is to prevent the same mistake that armor lock had. Credit goes to Guess who... ME!!!

As long as whoever is using this can't also shoot through the shield then it may be decent. Would be fairly annoying in objective games though, possibly to the point of it not being allowed in those gametypes.

Kamikaze: This is what you're thinking. You blow up on your command. BUT... it does not subtract from your points. Unlocked as match goes on. Credit to insanity in the making, ME!!!!

I could see this being more abused than armor lock. Gonna lose a fight? Blow yourself up and hope someone on the other team is nearby and dies. Close quarters map? An entire team just camps with this around corners. See a group of enemies? Run in there and kill most/all of them when you shouldn't have.

Assist Call: Personally, I don't enjoy the idea of noobs getting OP weapons and an OP vehicle, but I think this would be cool. You call for a drop ship and it drop random items near you. It can drop any combination of things. Such as, Rocket Launcher, Warthog, and Jetpack. Maybe even Battle Rifle, Scorpian, and Kamikaze. Unlocked as match goes on. Credit goes to WantedinRiot.

One of the points that make halo fun is the challenge of controlling the power weapons during matches. Having something like this that completely throws it out the window is bad IMO. I can already see it now, someone in btb camping in a corner with this who keeps using it to constantly get snipers. They get awarded power weapons while never leaving their little nook they're hiding in.

Advanced Hologram: Like Hologram, but it fights by your side. Unlocked as match goes on. Credit to ME ONCE MORE!!!

Would its shots actually hurt? Would it stay by your side until it disappears or just in the area where it is used? Does it actually fire at opponents or just blindly?

Grapple: Well, there's a grappling hook. My friend left this extremely vague. Vague credit to DrPeppervsCoke. (vaguely)

If Jetpack/thrusters are in then I don't see the use in this.

Not saying you shouldn't keep thinking of ideas, they are interesting. But when you actually think of these an how they would be used in a game then a lot of them would be broken.

Why don't you go play some more assassins creed :rolleyes: though the energy shield is a good idea, but I think they should just bring deployable cover back. I think the player should be able to program their spartan bsed on their amor i.e. give them advanced hydrolics to increase speed and jump height. but they would have to weaken their shields to do this, and since the hydrolics would be faster but weaker so melee damage would decrease. Or they can make a spartan with powerful shields that sould lacunch small emp or cuncusive waves. but the power would be rerouted from hydrolics so they would be much slower.

I like the idea of this, but it seems too cheap..plus it would only work until you kill someone once then the whole team would probably figure it out

NO armor abilities! If u really have to put one in u put sprint in but make it were the sprint is not too fast! And if u put AAs u only put them in the campaign! I want the multiplayer to be based on the players skill no by what kind of Amor ability the person has. More like halo 3 and nothing like reach!

Most of these ideas would ruin the game (imo). i think if the hologram could just walk forward like it already does and blindly spray bullets that do no damage, then yeah it sounds pretty good. The only problem with that is: what gun would it use? would it use the gun you had, or would it default to an AR? The EMP thing i actually love. it sounds like an awesome way to build upon the stun blasts from plasma pistols and the grenade launcher and a good way to neutralize vehicles. The shield I dont like, it sounds like a slightly toned down armor lock.

First off, let me start out by saying 2 things: I have a 3 person group coming up with this stuff and if I even hear and see the words "Armor" and "Lock" together, I am not gonna be happy. So, I have come here today bringing you things that needs to be fixed and some suggestions coming from the faces of me and 2 friends. We're not sure if thre will be armor abilities, but it can't hurt to post this... much.

Abilities to be kept:

Sprint- Sprint was what I picked 7 out of 10 times. I always used it. Please keep it.

Jetpack- True, I don't use it much, but some things I did on Reach that I enjoyed required this. Let's face it, will it be easy to hijack that Falcon without this?

Active Camo- Alright, I know some of you will argue with me about the next 2. Shut up and listen. Don't you find it amusing when the noobs freak out about 50 people on the radar? I know I do.

Hologram- I love using Holograms to fool people. You would think no one would fall for it. Fact is, there are more idiots than you think. Guilty... :(

Evade- I'm gonna be honest. I'm not good with evade, but it's very good with tactics.

Abilities to be trashed and/or fixed:

Armor Lock- Do I have to go on?

Drop Shield- All I'm asking is to fix that fact that if some certain explosives blows up in a drop shield your XBOX WILL be set on fire, no questions.

Abilities we came up with:

This is all for now. I will be back to continue and make adjustments. If there are typos disregard, my computer was laggy. Feel free to add to this list and have a nice day.

Game will be ***n ****t(like reach ) if armor abilities are in it , sorry to say but thats just the truth