Halo 3 Recon Armor For Everyone

Spectral Jester

I only had one vidmaster left and that was to complete the Halo 3 campaign with 4 people on legendary using the ghosts (I think). Nobody on my friendslist really played Halo 3 as much anymore (Nobody wanted to do vidmaster), so I couldn't do it. At least now I can get it but I would have prefered to have earned it as I feel it shows accomplishment and by that it makes to you feel good.

that one is totally nasty achieve i got a few other ppl on my fl who need it though so if u still wanna go for it i can introduce u to dem? also ur right the sense of accomplishment is...er...was nice

Honestly I'm really upset, this isn't cool in the slightest. People earn this stuff, and spent days to get it. It was a symbol of achievements and endurance. What do you expect to be the best armour now? Hayabusa? Please. That **** is for noobs.

....this is pretty much how i feel as well...minus the cursing...and actually hayabusa would have been epic...if it wasnt for the fact that hackers found the ring jumping sequence and then the sequence was posted and then EVERYONE knew it and then EVERYONE got hayabusa (though i cant complain too loudly cause i unlocked it for like 20 ppl...) <.<

i think there should be the word 'douchbag' eched into the visor for everyone who didnt get the achievements. that would seem to make everyone happy.

:X funny and somewhat fitting...but not so nice

Well, i can't get online to get recon, but after this is over i can still get online and it will get unlocked? (my halo 3 disk is messed up i have to buy another).

yeah tyrael they made it to were basically everyone,their second cousins, and great grandmothers gets recon if they just log on

I think that it is an ok idea but why didnt they just unlock flaming armor for us and bring back double xp weekends? I spent 4 months trying to unlock those vidmasters and when I finally unlocked endure I was the happiest person on the planet. I can see how well that 343 are trying to say "we are trying to be like bungie" but bungie wouldnt have unlocked recon for everyone for more than 24 hours. Plus when my friend got recon without getting a single vidmaster, he claimed that he was like "MLG Pro" which ticked me off because he went 9:20 to RECRUITS and he is a lieutenant. I just think people like me who unlocked recon could've have gotten the flaming chestplate instead of something we already had

flaming armor u say? yes this much would be nice but sadly that is a bungie team exclusive and if bungie is still on halo 3 i doubt theyd like 343 giving away their stuff (though it seems giving away our stuff is ok... O.o)

For the people who EARNED recon, I think they should get a special armor/something cool In Halo4, I see this in other games(similar) It would be nice. WE EARNED RECON! WASTED OUR LIVES! ENDURE! BRUTE CHIEFTANS!

..this would be absolutely gorgeous if they did give us something special in halo 4 but i highly doubt they will...they prolly wont even realize how much they hurt certain ppl who had shot their way out of a pile of dead covies who were clawing their way over their dead fellow covies to try to eat us alive, obliterate us with gravity hammers, and hug us with plasma grenades...for those of u who "endured" 343 will never know ur pain and im sorry to say but ur service to humanity in those dark uncertain 6-8 hour fights for dear life will be ignored simply for the political move of appeasing the newbs with free armor...an armor which used to mean u crawled through hell and back but now means simply that u have a halo disk

It's just an armor skin, who cares. It was a great idea for them to give everyone Recon. God I hated Endure, though. 3/4 of my way through the achievement, I lost connection. I felt like smashing my old box tv. I then retried the next day, and finally got it. Every time I now hear the word 'Endure', I think of that achievement. The other hard one was the 4 player co-op on Halo with all in Ghosts, worse was with Iron I think. My favorite was 7 on the 7th vidmaster, and the all Mythic map pack skulls on Halo 3. Good times :')

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

this is kinda a big thing for me cause, i think halo 4 doesnt have the impact halo 3 had on me, i still play halo 3, and i dint get my recon by completing the vidmasters or beating bungie employees, i just made a forge map which took me approx 8 hours to make, that is why i got recon, i was awarded it for my efforts, but now there is no point, cause guess what, 343 is giving it to everyone, this kinda makes me feel i wasted 8 hours to get something which everyone else gets, also it will be a bit boring seeing everyone have recon, why 343 why?

• 3 months later...

Hey, i just wanted to know why i didn't get an Recon armor set because i completed all the vidmaster challanges and a friend told me that it would been given out to everyone free but i still doesn't have it. Anyway 343i could well give it out to me somehow. please respond :(

Gamertag: Sezy x

Hey, i just wanted to know why i didn't get an Recon armor set because i completed all the vidmaster challanges and a friend told me that it would been given out to everyone free but i still doesn't have it. Anyway 343i could well give it out to me somehow. please respond :(

Gamertag: Sezy x

You can only access it while Online. If you're offline it won't show up.

• 11 months later...

First: We are not 343i.

Second: No one gets it anymore, no one. Jessica shea herself stated that since september 2013 Recon would not be given out anymore, without any exceptions, even if you did all the vidmaster challenges or build an amazing forge map, no exceptions.