Pro or Not Pro.. That is the question?

pandabare

Over the last couple of weeks it has become very clear to me that there has been a solid divide placed between those that are "pro" and those that are "not pro" or "noobs." Though it has been years since I played Halo 2 online, if memory serves me correctly, the term "noobs" was used to describe a person that either was completely horrible at the game (2 or less kills) or had no idea what they were doing. Now it seems, the term "noobs" is actually meant to describe a person that doesn't fall within the playing bracket of someone in the M.L.G. So, the question at hand is, if you are not "pro" material, then where do you belong? Accidental kills of your teammates will get your booted. Being booted too many times will leave you on a three day probation. During that three day probation, if you get booted or quit, you will be banned from multiplayer for ten minutes. It's like Halo went from a game , to a profession and anyone that didn't shift with it, or couldn't, was left behind.

It just all seems really sad to me that Halo M.M. has split, causing more discrimination then there already is with online games. The bashing and the hate seems to have only grown. Is it possible that Bungie and 343i sold out to the M.L.G.? I don't know but, I really hope that Halo 4 doesn't follow in example of Halo: Reach. Does 343i or Bungie even listen to their consumers, I wonder..? And if so, how does one go about offering suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

Happy Gaming!! <3

• Like 1

not exactly true, sure, the word noob is used for practially everything and everyone who has a bad game, but the MLG community and the normal community splitting is a good thing because it seperates the competitive player and the casual player, so, people can stay in the own brackets, which is good, because then you arem ore likely to play people of your own skill level. :D

There isn't a fiber in my body that could argue your point about separating the competitive from the casual. So, why not limit the quitting and booting probation ban to those that are seeking a professional, competitive style of gaming? That's the point I am trying to get at, because I would like to see it changed. Doesn't mean it will, by any means but, it is worth a shot. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels like Halo has turned 85% competitive, rather then a 50/50 split so all can enjoy. I'm going to steal your term of "casual player" from this point on, cause I am one. lol :laughing:

This is why so many people want the return of ranked and social playlists, so that the competitive players don't get saddled with teammates who're just in it for fun and aren't very good at the game, while players who just want to have fun don't have to worry about their teammates taking things too seriously and being cruel to them.

• Like 2