How can I streamline footage from a X-box 360 to a Laptop without a capture card?

Mr. DJ

How can I streamline footage from a X-box 360 to a Laptop without a Capture Card? I need to know, because i don't have enough money for a capture card and I want to make a machinama. Is this even possible. Please help.

other veiws appreaciated.

i think superintendint might be right though...

I warn you now...save up for a nice capture card. If you want to get anywhere with a channel or whatever your plans are, the best is required. I had a Dazzle HD and thought that was fine, until it glitched alot, and Pinnacle stopped working. I then bought a Happauge, and the clarity and smoothness is so worth it, and is actually easier to operate.

Just save up...you won't regret it.

I have a $200 dollar budget for this. I just want to find the best one out there. I kind of remember my older brother being able to do it, either wise i would have already bought one.

Check this out: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/5763-guide-to-buying-a-capture-carddevice/page__fromsearch__1

You will need a capture card in order to stream, there really is no other way. There are more out there you can use but those are probably the better ones.

I'm going between a Roxio, or a Dazzle right now

Thank you to everyone who replied. I am going to by the roxio. To any Mods who are reading this, this thread can be deleted or locked or whatever.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Everybody above is wrong unles they said yes you can.

Because, yes. You can. The only problem is, what happens is you have to plug in your Xbox 360 using those red white yellow cables, to a DVD-burning device. You'll be able to burn footage directly into the disc, which you can then read.

Of course, quality sucks.

No worries though! Until you get enough money to buy one, you can ask around the forums for people to help you record what you want to record, and I'm able to. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...