New Karen Traviss book Sequel to Glasslands?

Killer K34

In the First look into halo 4 they mention that there are two books coming out: one from Karen Traviss, and one from Greg Bear in the Forunner series. Greg's books is not coming out until after halo 4 is released. I have two theories on why this is. 1st on is obvious that he will not have enough time to finish the book before the game comes out. In the first look they said that there is a specific reason to why it is comming out after the game release which leads me to think for my 2nd reason that is has specific information that cannot be found out until halo 4's release such as: who is the enemy, what happens to the ship at the end of Primordium (mabye it will show up in halo 4) things like that. Now also what do you think the new Karen Traviss book will be; sequel to glasslands or not, plot, what will relation be to halo 4(possibly with the spartans) i want to see what you think.

• 9 months later...

"The Thursday War" another great HALO novel. I know that via a google search that Karen Traviss is writing a trilogy about Kilo-Five (whtich can't be described without spoiling it). Waiting in anticipation for the third book, although I would like a novel series that would more closely follow the Chief and Cortana like in the original Trilogy (Halo : FIrst Strike, Flood, Fall of Reach) Those books where more focused and was a nice mix of past, present and personal for Chief and Cortana within the HALO universe. And they read like filling in holes for the game. Giving the game more background and more detail. also I haven't read the Forerunner books but I do own them and will be getting to them hopefully before the third book in either series is released. I recently completed Halo 4 campaign and personally not thrilled by the ending tho I know Cortana had a shelf life, it would have been a nice twist to have the librarian help cortana as well and prolong the inevitable. It will be interesting to see what direction 343 takes with Halo 5 and 6. But the story won't quite be the same no mater the "new" enemy or "challenge" Chief faces next.... ALONE?

• 2 weeks later...

isn't there two books from greg bear?

Both the Karen Travers and Greg Bear's books are suppost to be trillogies if im not mistaken. both of them have done a wonderful job on the books that are out so far. they each have 1 left in thier trillogies right now and i do belive that Greg's last book should hit the book stores soon. don't know about the title or release date for Travers last book though. if anyone esle dose i would appreciate that info. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...