343: Halo 4 Ranking System?

Cheeseman808

Why shouldn't they provide for the casual players? Its a major money base for them.

Easy. Have ranked/unranked playlists, all are happy. The question you should ask is: Why shouldn't they provide for the HALO players? It's a major money base for them.

Also, does 343i even read these forums? There's some pretty intense insight that is being ignored.

• Like 1

Easy. Have ranked/unranked playlists, all are happy. The question you should ask is: Why shouldn't they provide for the HALO players? It's a major money base for them.

Also, does 343i even read these forums? There's some pretty intense insight that is being ignored.

I'm sure that there are members of 343i staff that lurk on here and listen to ideas.

Dear 343,

I know this has been said countless of times, but I feel that this needs to be iterated.

Halo Reach active community: 120,000

Halo 2-3 active community: 400,000+

What's the difference in these games? The ranking system.

DO NOT CATER TO CASUAL PLAYERS. Games outside the FPS genre have done this and died.

You sacrifice keeping the casual players for game addictiveness and real competition. Halo 2 was by far the most addictive and intense game I've ever played.

You should lose rank for losing, gain rank for winning.

We all realize that you won't be able to use the ELO ranking system, which is by far the best.

Atleast try for Halo 3's Trueskill w/1-50 (or even 100).

Please know your ranking system will determine the life and growth of your game. Having a rank = bragging rights and shows skill. Having credits = how long you've played. Please don't mess this up, I love the Halo series far too much.

I feel that 343 should openly discuss with its current active community the ranking system so we could have a say on opinion on it.

Signed,

H1 Player, countless played

H2 Player, over 10000 MM games played

H3 Player, over 6000 MM games played

Reach player, a few weeks, then quit

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! Reach flopped miserably because the only ranking they had was arena, and that was terrible! I like how H3 incorporated a number rank (1-50) along with a military rank to show how long you played. The only problem there was, it didn't take too long to hit 50/the highest military rank. I like how reach made it very time consuming to become an inheritor (I am only an eclipse), but that doesnt mean **** unless there is some sort of skill rank associated with that.

H4 will literally lie in the hands of its ranking system. H2 was amazing, H3 was pretty good, Reach was **** in regards to its ranking system. I love reach, but it would have been so much better if it had a legitimate ranking structure. Also, it needs a ton more armor customizations. In reach after about 4m cR I have everything worth getting, and now am stuck with another 4m cR that will just continue to stock up

I have such a great vision on how I would structure the ranking system, but this post will probably be ignored by 343 anyway.

But you must keep in mind that the casual gamer is just that...a casual gamer. They will fade off eventually anyway. If you don't cater at least 75% to real competition, then you will have no community of players. Look at WoW for example. They have done so well, yes because of the great product they offer, but because they catered to hardcore gamers. It was addicting and even turned some casual gamers to play more than they would normally. A GAME SHOULD NOT CATER TO CASUAL GAMERS - YET IT SHOULD BE SUCH A GREAT GAME THAT IT CAPTURES THE CASUAL GAMER AND TURNS THEM INTO BIGGER GAMERS.

• Like 1

Did any of you even read my post? I told you what the ranking system will be like! I know, it is a fairly long read, but if you read it at least you know. And yes, 343 staff do check these forums daily, as far as my knowledge goes.

Where did you get the information from?