Halo 4... what I think we all want.

FlawlessFisch

I'm not sure how much of Halo 4 is done yet but what I do know is this. Everyone I have talked to agrees that Halo 4 needs to be like an upgraded version of Halo 3 which Halo Reach was not at all. I'm going to list things that Halo 3 has that I want to see in Halo 4 and things in Halo Reach that I do NOT want to see in Halo 4. First off I think we all enjoyed all of the Easter eggs in Halo 3, for me it was a big part of the Campaign. I enjoyed not only the purposely made Easter eggs like the infamous "Boxer Man" on the mission Halo but I would also like to NOT be confined to the campaign area itself. You could get out of the level on so many campaign missions in Halo 3 which was amazingly fun. Remember how in forge you could get outside of a lot of the maps by using turrets or a teleporter? That is one big thing I miss about Halo 3. Also in Halo 3 you had quality maps, not recycled campaign maps. Even if the recycled campaign maps on Halo Reach were fun to play you couldn't make anything on them. I think they added forge world to make up for all the other bad maps and forge world isn't even that great. I want quality maps in Halo 4 and I want freedom, no stupid kill zones and a plethora of items to use on EVERY map. I would also like to see more environments like snow maps, sand maps, water maps, forest maps, and mountain maps like in Halo 3. If you're confused about what I said because of my crap writing skills then i'll sum up what I said. I WANT freedom in Halo 4 and I WANT variety. NO more boundary bull crap and NO more Recycled bull crap. This is a forum so you're obviously free to share your opinion and if you agree with me please start your own post so we can spread the word.

• Like 1

I'm with you OP. I'm excited that they said the multiplayer maps won't be recycled. Completely fresh arenas for multiplayer will be great.

IF YOU GIVE US MAPS MADE FROM FORGE AND ACT LIKE THEY ARE ORIGINAL AND TOOK A LOT OF WORK WHEN THEY CLEARLY DIDN'T I WILL FIND YOU.

Also, the campaign Easter eggs were great in halo 3. I agree with you there as well. I loved being able to activate all of the different skulls as well. I couldn't get through the first level of reach for all of the boredom. Sorry Reach.

At this point I'm excited for pretty much everything from the vidoc they put out the other day except for sprint. If they would just remove that , I would be happier than a dog with a bone and tennis ball. As it stands now I'm madder than a midget with a yo-yo.

• 2 weeks later...

i love how everyone in this thread is dissing reach when a lot of people liked it..

I'm a big time Halo fan and I must admit, certain things in Reach I like a lot more then Halo 1, 2, or 3, but it also goes the other way in saying some things i liked from those games but not Reach.

If you dislike Reach, don't try to complain to 343, they are making a game with improvements they know the majority of fans will like.

Everyone complains about armor abilities, but they are the exact same as equipment in Halo 3, except for jetpack, Armor lock is bubble shield but bubble shield lasted longer, drop shield is regenerator and can only regenerate so fast and can be destroyed quite quickly, invisibility worked worse then active camo in 3 did, jetpack... wasnt in Halo 3 but was a neat addition IMO..

If anything, in threads related to what Halo 4 should have say some ideas for forge, or firefight, not campaign or multiplayer...

i meant people in general lol, most topics conscerning halo 4 complain about reach and how they dont want it to be like reach xD

Then that should tell you that most of Halo's fan base was disappointed in Reach. If most of the threads are about Armor Abilities, that means they aren't very wanted.

i dont see how reach made any mistakes lol... its a prequel to Halo CE...

even though bungie screwed up the story halo reach it does prequel halo CE story yes, but is it similar to halo CE gameplay? NO it isn't, halo reach is a spin off of the series i see very little similarities of reach and 1,2, and 3. So when you make a completely new game it's bound to have problems, and it did.

Wait a second...You people condem CoD for not changing, yet you think its perfectly fine for 343 to make Halo 4 more or less like Halo 3?

Hyprocrisy.

I just think Halo 4 should be how 343 chooses it to be. Looking at these forums ideas, their's are probally much better.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...