84 Detailed Halo 4 Game Play Screen Shots and Interviews!

Derp! it's confirmed, the covenant are back. Elites, grunts, and jackals are confirmed, along with marine AI companions (think Halo from CE).

AR (has bloom), DMR, BR, Pistols (magnum), "sticky pistol", shotgun, sniper, rocket launcher, plasma pistol, carbine, "assault carbine", along with Armor abilities such as Jetpack, Hologram, and active camo. Sprint is a default ability similar to Many Other Shooters. A new AA called "Forerunner vision" is making an appearance, which is a short-range material-bypass enhanced vision system. It is an anti-camp measure (of which there are many in halo 4, which I will go on to explaining) that outlines enemy hostiles (ODST's VISR style) through, you guessesd it, walls.

The 2 things that i consider to be the most controversial are "random weapon drops" and "instant respawning". Random weapon dropping is pretty self-explanitory, but here's how it goes. NO MORE SPECIFIC WEAPON MAP CONTROL. Power weapons are now dropped Firefight style into the battlefield at random points designated by a Drop Marker (forge piece similar to flag stands). A sound will also announce the approaching weapon drop to let players know when they spawn. These are for heavy weapons only (rocket launcher, FRG, ect...) and not weapons such as shotguns, grenade launchers, ect...

Spawning has also been implemented into a call-of-duty method, where players double-tap "X" to respawn intantly. This may just break objective-based games such as 2-flag, (speculation) i'm almost sure that this is a slayer-specific feature, and that 343i will give us the tools needed to remove almost all of the additions to make a more "classic" experience.

Loadout are also confirmed, but i have a feeling that they'll most likely be in Reach's style in Matchmaking. This means that there will be loadouts with several differen Armor Abilites to choose from, but not different weapons

In order to get a classic Halo experience, I feel that Forge and the custom game creator will be more important than ever before.

I'm not going to judge the game just quite yet, until i know a bit more (i see a full match if gameplay, unedited) so until then, i'll remain a hopeful skeptic that these changes just might work..

The instant spawning only occurs in the gametype Regicide, the new FFA style gametype