Official : Halo 4 First Look

My prayers! They've been answered! :D However, I am content with how the spartan IVs look, but it kind of looks... odd. I am hoping that they are customizable, and that's just the models they are using for debug :D

Also, BR <3 I always knew it would be back ^_^ I'm so happy I'm going to have my first drink in two years to celebrate! :D

• Like 1

It looks good to me, but it kinda reminds me of crysis and crysis2, if you ever played the game you will see similiarities, i just don't hope my spartan feels like something from crysis though, or the lag =_=.

It doesn't look like Crysis 2. Basically all new graphic engines use that amount of depth of field and blur. To me; it minded me more of Unreal Engine 3, in terms of reflections and surfaces.

h4dealwithit3ku32.gif

• Like 1

Holy Sh!t..........343 have exceeded my expectations so far............if you haven't already, stazima, paulb and ditty have all done great trailer breakdowns on youtube which are well worth a look.......after watching them a few facts / theories from their vids.....

• obviously BR is back......no bloom but some recoil
  • no health
  • 3 slots for grenades
  • some sort of perk system but nothing revealed
  • sprint is back and looks like it may be default
  • it looks from watching the few seconds of gameplay that 4 shot kill is back
  • point system for slayer which awards points for things like assists, not just kills
  • apparently a bit of a back storyto do with why red vs blue exists in multiplayer
  • no maps from campaign.....maps made with competitive in mind
  • speculation in one video is that jet pack is back......

Check the vids out as they've put a lot of work into analysing the trailer.........

• Like 1

I'm guessing the "custom loadouts" will have weapons choosable such as you can choose the Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, or a DMR (etc). (not power weapons) and then a sidearm such at a Plasma Pistol, or a Magnum (etc). and the power weapons would still spawn at thier typical power weapon spots, just what I think 343 may do it though.

I'm guessing the "custom loadouts" will have weapons choosable such as you can choose the Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, or a DMR (etc). (not power weapons) and then a sidearm such at a Plasma Pistol, or a Magnum (etc). and the power weapons would still spawn at thier typical power weapon spots, just what I think 343 may do it though.

Nit that I want 343 to but I feel like they are going to go more in depth than this. In halo 3 you could spawn with an AR and walk for two seconds in any direction and grab a BR so what your saying would barely change anything

I feel like if they are doing custom loadouts they are going to have to go more in depth or get laughed at for having suck a shallow customization option

the good thing is it looks good and i want it its a shame that i have to wait till september to be realesed

Where did you get September? I keep hearing "Holidays 2012" and "December".

-Cough- Thoughts? -Cough-

Looks like someone's doodlepad to me, which would mean they could be anything. I used to do something similar when I was at work. But who knows... The beginnings of character concept art? Could the Chief's or Fred's face be on that paper? Kelly's? Linda's?

Who knows? Looks like a Precursor to me.

:yes If I'm recalling how the Timeless One appears correctly, Firen4, you could be right.

Alternatively, it could be something completely unrelated to Halo. :(

Just want to say that each time I watch this First Look video, I get so psyched about H4 that I have to start a relaxation technique to calm myself.

Also, and more importantly...

Went through video and captured a few stills.....

What looks to be Chief with a Sniper Rifle and either jet-pack or zero g thruster pack.

That looks to me like a fairly slender SPARTAN, and a little less green paint and a lot more blue (Blue Team?)... If the Chief ends up where I think he's going to end up, then I believe that that isn't the Chief, but possibly either Kelly or Linda. Considering the silhouette of the weapon in the figure's arms, I'm inclined to believe it's Linda.

Only time will tell.

• Like 1

That looks to me like a fairly slender SPARTAN, and a little less green paint and a lot more blue (Blue Team?)... If the Chief ends up where I think he's going to end up, then I believe that that isn't the Chief, but possibly either Kelly or Linda. Considering the silhouette of the weapon in the figure's arms, I'm inclined to believe it's Linda.

Only time will tell.

To be honest, the "slenderness" of the Spartan never got my attention until you mentioned it. Your perspective is always appreciated Father B!! :thumbsup: Nice!!!!

• Like 1

NO CUSTOM LOADOUTS TOO MUCH LIKE COD!

Now let me ask you a question, just out of curiousity and not to offend. Do you not want custom loadouts BECAUSE it would be like CoD, or do you honestly believe without any doubt that custom load outs would have a poor gameplay element in Halo? Just because another game used it doesnt necessarily make it bad. Take Horde mode from Gears 2 for example. because of its introduction to wave-based defense, we now have Nazi Zombies, Fire Fight, and many other game modes like it. (If Horde mode was not the first, i apologize. It was the first game i saw such a thing in, and if im wrong, feel free to correct me.)