Should Armor in Halo 4 Have an Affect on Gameplay?

Baby Boo

Armor should never affect gameplay.

No, definitely not. One of the key elements of the Halo franchise is that everyone is equal, it's purely dependent on skill regardless of rank or armor. Halo: Reach expanded the armor selection, this sparked motivation (for me at least) to get the coolest looking gear without technically improving stats.

Agreed and agreed fellas.

My simple answer to this is NO. I'm all for customizing the way a play looks. I think that is awesome. But armor should NOT give any advantage to the player and armor abilities are not what made Halo what it is, which is a game where someone's skill shows through most of the time because everyone started off with the same gear and abilities (except reach). Armor abilities are part of the reason the fanbase turned away from Halo when reach came out (hence the drop in players online from Halo 3 to Reach). Let the players battle it out without any help from armor and let the skills do the talking!

• Like 2

Agreed and agreed fellas.

My simple answer to this is NO. I'm all for customizing the way a play looks. I think that is awesome. But armor should NOT give any advantage to the player and armor abilities are not what made Halo what it is, which is a game where someone's skill shows through most of the time because everyone started off with the same gear and abilities (except reach). Armor abilities are part of the reason the fanbase turned away from Halo when reach came out (hence the drop in players online from Halo 3 to Reach). Let the players battle it out without any help from armor and let the skills do the talking!

I cant see why not. Some armour allows you to carry a couple of extra clips for a sniper rifle, another lets you move slightly faster, why is there an issue with this?

I cant see why not. Some armour allows you to carry a couple of extra clips for a sniper rifle, another lets you move slightly faster, why is there an issue with this?

Simply for the issue of keeping the game competitive as possible. When armor abilities and things of that nature get thrown in it takes away from the competitiveness because no player is on an equal basis with one another.

• Like 1

absolutely not. everyone should start the same with weapons and stuff on the map and every1 has an equal chance to get an advantage that way it promotes trying and has a reward for getting better that doesnt involve making the game unbalanced off the start. If someone is trying to get rockets off spawn but cant seem to win that initially battle then they need to work harded to get better that way they do win. Getting better should be its own reward not perks, armour, and weapons. Also to help people get btr in a more comfortable environment 1-50 ranks would make alot of sense

• Like 2

No, as much as that would be cool, it would break an invisible halo barrier. What makes halo halo is that everyone goes into a game equally and have no advantages against each other until they use tactics or weapons. If people were powerful coming in, then other people would be put at an unfair advantage. Interesting but not good for halo.

Simply for the issue of keeping the game competitive as possible. When armor abilities and things of that nature get thrown in it takes away from the competitiveness because no player is on an equal basis with one another.

Again, a few more rounds, whats that going to harm? Nothing.