Halo Did you knows

The Director

In the book Ghost of Onyx you get very detailed information about Spartan III training, equipment, and medical changes. Since their program came after Halsey's S-II and they were trained by a spartan II (Kurt), they became better base soldiers than the previous generation. Unfortunately they got rather crappy armor and were sent on suicide missions.

Thats kinda why the cannon of Reach makes no sense whatsoever. S-IIIs should be faster, stronger, and have a better tactical understanding than non-veteran S-IIs and also have SPI or "camo" armor.

Also, this guy goes into better detail than Im willing to at 6AM.

Another random fact!

The MJOLNIR armor shields are actually stronger and recharge faster than the standard elites. A couple times in the books the Prophets are really confused to see Spartans taking damage on their shields that would straight up kill elites.

But since they didnt want to spend as much money on the spartan III's didnt they just focus on making the Fatality rates less and not improving strength and speed but to make more of them sucessfully? Also the reason they are weaker in Onyx is because they are still the age of teenagers and havent had time for puberty growths to kick in (except for a couple like Lucy and Tom who are fully grown) but i do agree with you on the SPI armor being weaker because they were focusing on stealth.

But since they didnt want to spend as much money on the spartan III's didnt they just focus on making the Fatality rates less and not improving strength and speed but to make more of them sucessfully? Also the reason they are weaker in Onyx is because they are still the age of teenagers and havent had time for puberty growths to kick in (except for a couple like Lucy and Tom who are fully grown) but i do agree with you on the SPI armor being weaker because they were focusing on stealth.

Since the S-III program was 30+ years later (not sure exactly how long), medical techniques and technology had significantly improved. This allowed the military to draw on a bigger gene pool, cheaper and more effective training, better equipment, better surgeries, and better drugs. Basically, they could make better soldiers cheaper and faster than halsey's program.

Spartan-IIIs were much younger upon graduation, but they had already been through puberty. They were 14 and 15 year olds with the bodies of adults and the training of complete warriors. The only reason the program had a lower budget than its predecessor was because they used the SPI armor.

The only reason the program had a lower budget than its predecessor was because they used the SPI armor.

Though cheaper, the SPI had more disadvantages overshadowing advantages, which affect survival

If any S-III makes the Headhunters, The SPI gets a few modifications to help them survive longer like energy shielding, the VISR tech. used by the ODSTs, motion trackers and the use of a prototype Active Camo module that is more effective than the photo-reactive panels that were standard to the SPI, that lasts longer (3-5 minutes) but it need to power diverted from the shielding to recharge the A.C

The reason for the modifications were that the Headhunters were sent to do missions far away in the heart of enemy territory

Though cheaper, the SPI had more disadvantages overshadowing advantages, which affect survival

If any S-III makes the Headhunters, The SPI gets a few modifications to help them survive longer like energy shielding, the VISR tech. used by the ODSTs, motion trackers and the use of a prototype Active Camo module that is more effective than the photo-reactive panels that were standard to the SPI, that lasts longer (3-5 minutes) but it need to power diverted from the shielding to recharge the A.C

The reason for the modifications were that the Headhunters were sent to do missions far away in the heart of enemy territory

Did not know that, I havent read the forerunner books yet.

I kinda wish we had the SPI armor in a campaign level or maybe another ODST style game that focused on real S-IIIs.

Did you know that all the spartan IIs were supposed to attack the covenant home world (ship world I guess) but had to stop because the invasion of reach began.

Another cool tidbit. MC stopped a rocket with his hand with a little help from cortana. (fall of reach)

• Like 1

Did not know that, I havent read the forerunner books yet.

I kinda wish we had the SPI armor in a campaign level or maybe another ODST style game that focused on real S-IIIs.

I havent read the forerunner books either, I read about that through the Halo 'Evolutions' novels and also through deeper research

Be cool, my guess there would focus more on stealth and recon tactics, somewhat like Crysis games

~~~~

Did you know that AI go corrupt after a certain number of years, and cortana shortened her life span by copying herself to be in two places at once. That is probably why she was getting corrupted by the flood.

Rampancy occurs when an AI reaches seven years in its lifespan, The gravemind was doing so, to torture Cortana when it found on her on the High Charity, The Gravemind was trying to locate Earth and after it crashed onto the Ark, it was getting close to knowing its location, until John-117 saved her

~~~~

Did you know that all Spartan-IIs were kidnap from their parents? They were replaced with clones, many of whom died at a young age.

ONI replaced the children with the flash clones so they could cover up the kidnapping, and they die at a young age because at the time, they could only flash clone organs with a impressive success rate, but to flash clone a complete human wasnt a perfect practice

Out of all the flash clones, S-II Daisy-023 was the only Spartan that known the truth after escaping Reach and seeing her clone when she made it back to her homeworld (but was returned to Reach after Dr Halsey explained everything to her, her clone died shortly after), and her flash clone lasted the longest

Though this practice of ONI kidnapping children and replacing them with clones to cover their tracks didn't go well with some members of ONI and few known members of the UNSC military, which led that practice to be discontinued and take on to use orphaned children when the SPARTAN-III Program begun

Did you know that a CSO- Class Supercarrier is 18 miles long?

Did you know that Sergeant Johnson is a Spartan I?

Did you know after Halo 3, the Covenant Loyalists and Covenant Seperatists are still at war with each other even though the Human- Covenant War is over?

Did you know that the UNSC Cyclops could be a similar design to the Forerunner War Shpynx?

Did you know that the Covenant Corvette "Ardent Prayer" was used as bait by the UNSC to destroy the "Long Night of Solace"? :Sadface:

• 2 weeks later...

Did you know one of the first designs for the MJOLNIR armor was this huge bulky armor that was very large and most of the parts where squares, like the armor on the arms were huge cubes. Source: Halsey's Diary Reach limited edition. One of the pages there's a drawing of it.

Did you know one of the first designs for the MJOLNIR armor was this huge bulky armor that was very large and most of the parts where squares, like the armor on the arms were huge cubes. Source: Halsey's Diary Reach limited edition. One of the pages there's a drawing of it.

Did you know that MJOLNIR armor was actually based on the suits that dockworkers used to carry freight?
  • Like 2

Did you know that a CSO- Class Supercarrier is 18 miles long?

Did you know that Sergeant Johnson is a Spartan I?

Did you know after Halo 3, the Covenant Loyalists and Covenant Seperatists are still at war with each other even though the Human- Covenant War is over?

Did you know that the UNSC Cyclops could be a similar design to the Forerunner War Shpynx?

Did you know that the Covenant Corvette "Ardent Prayer" was used as bait by the UNSC to destroy the "Long Night of Solace"? :Sadface:

i know of all of the imforation you said and agree with it. how ever i haven't heard of the cyclops and the sphinx. I thought that was great, did you find is somewhere or connect some dots???