Which weapons from previous games would you like to see back in Halo 4?

General PWNFACE

From game to game we always seems to discuss which weapons we will see in the game that are new, and with the rapidly growing discussion of DMR v.s. BR in the 343i forum community I thought I would bring up a different, however similar topic, which is Which weapons and vehicles do you want to see return from previous games?

Some examples of discontinued weapons from the Original Halo Trilogy to Reach where the BR, Brute Shot, Beam Rifle, and Mauler. For vehicles some examples are the Hornet, Elephant, Prowler, and the Chopper.

I personally believe that there just simply needs to be a new replacement for the DMR and BR to just end the argument which is better, but I would love to see the return of the brute shot and mauler because when I played Halo 3 I thought they where some of the easiest weapons to get kills with, and I didn't quite understand why they took them out in Reach. As for vehicles, I think that bringing back the Elephant in BTB would be quite simply amazing, as well as the hornet that way in, for example, Invasion when the Elites have their Banshees up, the humans have a way to rival it with a Hornet in the air. I think the falcon did a poor job of rivaling the banshee in Reach and simply made it an easy way for someone to get an easy Triple Kill.

On an ending note, since the subject go hand in hand with each other Which Weapons would you like to not see return from Previous games? This can apply to any weapons or vehicles that have appeared in any of the franchises games up to this point, whether they appeared in Reach or not.

And as Always, Have Fun Discussing!! :thumbsup:

The falcon indeed did poorly in terms of rivaling the banshee, if they just kept the pilots turret but weakened it, it would of done fine

I think it'll be safe to say the Elephant is going to come back since the halo community has been pleading for it to come back when h4 was announced. I don't think the prowler should come back, but instead the halo 2 specter will return instead of the prowler. As for weapons, the BR hopefully will make an appearance in halo 4, the DMR is too sniperish, people can just camp back in their base and pick people off, the BR was a true mid range rifle, unlike the DMR. I agree with you on the mauler and brute shot, but the Covenant Carbine and the Beam Rifle should come back to replace the needle rifle and focus rifle. The focus rifle is most defiantly not a sniper equivalent by a long shot.

I hope the Hornet and Chopper return, me and countless friends of mine miss those vehicles which caused mayhem on every map they were spawned on

feelsbadman.jpd

I agree with both of you in terms of weapons: I want te brute shot, mauler, battle rifle, carbine and beam rifle. Having an elephant in btb on reach would be so fun so hopefully it'll come back in Halo 4. I agree with not bringing the prowler back but the spectre was almost the same thing but for the non-brute part of the covenant.