Halo 2 Remastered for 12th Halo Anniversary

Arbiter

Halo 2 Remake!  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake the original Halo online multiplayer?

• Yes, definitely!
    • It would be nice, but won't kill me if they don't.
    • Do not care either way.
    • No I do not see that it is necessary.
    • Just bring the original back online.

I don't want a remake because it would be impossible to remake it as good as halo 2 was because that game was perfect. Just build servers for the original halo 2. Every single map on that game was memorable. And with reach, what was the name of that one forge map again. There is 20 of them and all terrible

some people don't see the issue with this.

If h2 is remade, people will be happy for a while, then H3 will go offline server, then people will be like "REMAKE H3 with online AGAIN" and the list is endless.

let just keep the remakes to one for now, k?

I doubt Halo 2 gets remade. By the time they get around to remastering halo 2 it will probably be sometime after the new trilogy is completed most likely. By that time, and maybe even before, Microsoft will have released a new console system. CEA is a great remake because CE was not on the 360 and not compatible with it without an extra download patch thing. H2 is compatible with 360, the online multiplayer is just not supported any longer. If they do anything they might make campaign multiplayer live again for H2. I would really like that so that I can still go play campaign with some friends in H2. I think thats the best we can hope for with H2.

The other thing about multiplayer is they will probably never keep more than 2 games multiplayer live at one time. (Halo 2 and 3 then Halo 3 and Reach) They want to push those who have the older games to the newer ones. Easiest way to do that is remove the option to play online. Seriously do you know anyone who only has Halo 2? No because once the option to play online was gone they were forced to either go get H3 or wait for Reach.

The same thing will happen when H4 launches. Halo 3 will probably get dropped from the servers.

halo 2 should be remade like ten years from now or somthing, it would make it more special. not to mention we all know halo will continue after halo 6 so they could do it like 2011(halo1 then 2021(halo 2) and finally 2031 could be the VERY last halo game and make it halo 3 remake. halo 3 is known as the best overall halo game(customs,campagin,theater,forge and more you cant say no...) so i feel that should be how halo ends.... send halo out...with a bang, i REALLY big BANG! haha

Back in the day we used to walk 50 miles barefoot, middle of winter, uphill, to play some halo. Now all you have to do is connect to that new fangled intraweb thing and start playin some reach, change is the devil and remakes are evil :-) lol

anyway I wouldn't mind a remake, but I would rather see more effort go into the new trilogy first.

halo 2 should be remade like ten years from now or somthing, it would make it more special. not to mention we all know halo will continue after halo 6 so they could do it like 2011(halo1 then 2021(halo 2) and finally 2031 could be the VERY last halo game and make it halo 3 remake. halo 3 is known as the best overall halo game(customs,campagin,theater,forge and more you cant say no...) so i feel that should be how halo ends.... send halo out...with a bang, i REALLY big BANG! haha

IMO they should stop at halo 5, but ofc, they will milk it.

Should they re-master another one of the best stories of all time or leave it alone untouched again it was one of the first game with xbox live.

leave it or change it? :thumbsup:

Really I just think they should bring back up the online multilayer instead of remaking it.

Should they re-master another one of the best stories of all time or leave it alone untouched again it was one of the first game with xbox live.

leave it or change it? :thumbsup:

I hope they do it was fun

• 1 month later...

if they did a halo 2 remake, then they would have to edit the campaign because when they made it, they had to leave parts out of it to make the release deadline. that would make it much better. but they probably wont make a remake because they did one for halo CE for starting a new era of first shooter games and starting the halo series

Halo 2 remake would be amazing i would play nothing but that till i die........ that is if they do it right no crappy reach game play just the graphics and some minor tweaks like the armor customization and maybe assassination animations but other than that don't fix what is not broken

PS- if you all don't know you can play halo 2 online on your 360 if your download XBC and plug up to your computer via ethernet

and use system link instead of live if you do that add me same tag as on here I am on all the time~~~~~~~~

Personally I think they should remake Halo 2. For one, as it was said, it was made for the original xbox. Halo 3 isn't one of those games that is needed of remaking, so I don't see it ever being remade. (There is only so much detail that can be made to one game) Halo 2 was made with different game mechanics and looked different because the original xbox didn't have a whole hell of a lot to work with. Halo 2 is in need of a new coat of paint after all these years. Also Halo 2 multiplayer was probably one of the most popular multiplayer's out there. Now that its offline people are wanting to play online on it once again. I am pretty sure with the new Breakneck map in halo anniversary (remake of Halo 2's Headlong), people are gonna get nostalgic and want a Halo 2 remake even more. I think they will make one and I will be happy as hell if they do.

See this is a weird topic for me. Although I would never oppose an H2 remake. At the same time if they remake H2 then people would want H3 remake, then we would just get spammed with remakes. I loved Halo 2 but I can't really go "for" or "against" this idea. I personally only see 343i remaking Halo CE because it was the first. Being the first to launch this series made it very special in its own right.

P.S. However if they did remake Halo 2, I would buy it.

This.

I don't need to add anything to what you said.

See this is a weird topic for me. Although I would never oppose an H2 remake. At the same time if they remake H2 then people would want H3 remake, then we would just get spammed with remakes. I loved Halo 2 but I can't really go "for" or "against" this idea. I personally only see 343i remaking Halo CE because it was the first. Being the first to launch this series made it very special in its own right.

P.S. However if they did remake Halo 2, I would buy it.

I agree with you, we only need one halo remake, and halo 1 was perfect for the remake, but that should be the only one. another one would make them keep on makeing remakes for other halo games and that would suck. although if they did make a remake, i hope they change the campaign and make it better