The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

I think that 343 industries should bring back the SMG in halo 4 because my two buddies and I who play halo reach really miss the SMG from halo three and halo 2. Also in the campaign i think that there should be more missions than there was in the previous games because I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that at the campaign in the previous games have been to short (about 10-12 missions) I think that the average missions in halo 4,5,6 should be about 15-20 because I know that I completed the halo reach campaign in two days and I would have completed it sooner but on the fist day after it got the game I got all the way to Long Night of Solace but didn't complete it because I wanted to leave the last five missions (including Lone Wolf) so that i didn't complete the whole game in one day. Also when replaying missions you kinda get bored of the same ten missions over and over again so more missions would definitively give more variety to players who enjoy playing the campaign more than once. I would also like to talk about Equipment/Weapons. So for equipment i think that sprint should be taken away and instead added as a permanent feature on your spartan and the same goes for elites and evade (if elites are in halo 4, if not take out evade) because it does not make sense that just because your spartan does not have a certain equipment that he can no longer run. I also think it would help people in games allot more because I know when I'm playing I hate have to decide over the equipment that lets me move quickly threw the map or the one that lets me withstand explosions or turn invisible or even fly. So I think that it would help people allot more knowing that they could choose which ever awesome equipment they want but still know that they could move around the map more quickly. So all I really would like from this game is for you to bring the SMG and maybe the BR and just pimp both of them out and make them look new and exciting. I also think that Sprint should be a permanent feature on Spartans (and evade with elites if elites are in the game) so that you could move around more quickly. If you decide not to put in any armor ability's/equipment that's fine by me because they are kinda cheap but just make sure to make sprint/evade a permanent feature on characters. And lastly i think that you need to make more human weapons and vehicles in this game because in halo reach there was only three human vehicles that you can actually drive in the game and i also noticed that there was only one human sidearm (not including the target locator) and only one sniper weapon. So you need more sidearms more sniper weapons and maybe one or two more rifles just to freshen things up.

• Like 1

Please... for the more skilled players... make headshots do more damage on the shields. It does the skill gap more than anything else, and balances the weapons without making them overpowered for noobs.

And a few more adjustments....

-More jump heigh and less gravity like in halo 2

-Bleedtrough

-Make the marksman rifles not work at extreme ranges like the dmr, make the players move more.

-Add the muzzle climb idea on all presicion weapons from the other thread.

-Make a well timed grenade able to destroy a warthog, but make the ones randomly trowed barely being able to kill a shield-less spartan.(make the radius the most important damage factor)

-Fire-grenades for strategic combat placement.

-I hope that you havent listened to the people here that base their Ideas solely on what they think would be awesome to trow at their opponents and not how the victim would feel( refering to the people that want equipment and vehicles that would be ruthless and overpowered, and than they state their opinion with "That would be awesome", like an AA with no cons, or a vehicle dealing massive damage with no weak spots)

• Like 3

I think that 343 industries should bring back the SMG in halo 4 because my two buddies and I who play halo reach really miss the SMG from halo three and halo 2. Also in the campaign i think that there should be more missions than there was in the previous games because I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that at the campaign in the previous games have been to short (about 10-12 missions) I think that the average missions in halo 4,5,6 should be about 15-20 because I know that I completed the halo reach campaign in two days and I would have completed it sooner but on the fist day after it got the game I got all the way to Long Night of Solace but didn't complete it because I wanted to leave the last five missions (including Lone Wolf) so that i didn't complete the whole game in one day. Also when replaying missions you kinda get bored of the same ten missions over and over again so more missions would definitively give more variety to players who enjoy playing the campaign more than once. I would also like to talk about Equipment/Weapons. So for equipment i think that sprint should be taken away and instead added as a permanent feature on your spartan and the same goes for elites and evade (if elites are in halo 4, if not take out evade) because it does not make sense that just because your spartan does not have a certain equipment that he can no longer run. I also think it would help people in games allot more because I know when I'm playing I hate have to decide over the equipment that lets me move quickly threw the map or the one that lets me withstand explosions or turn invisible or even fly. So I think that it would help people allot more knowing that they could choose which ever awesome equipment they want but still know that they could move around the map more quickly. So all I really would like from this game is for you to bring the SMG and maybe the BR and just pimp both of them out and make them look new and exciting. I also think that Sprint should be a permanent feature on Spartans (and evade with elites if elites are in the game) so that you could move around more quickly. If you decide not to put in any armor ability's/equipment that's fine by me because they are kinda cheap but just make sure to make sprint/evade a permanent feature on characters. And lastly i think that you need to make more human weapons and vehicles in this game because in halo reach there was only three human vehicles that you can actually drive in the game and i also noticed that there was only one human sidearm (not including the target locator) and only one sniper weapon. So you need more sidearms more sniper weapons and maybe one or two more rifles just to freshen things up.

me think ur i key is f*cked up
  • Like 2

i want to beable to forge EVERYTHING! which means like, all veicals including pelicans/phantoms/spirits/ forrunner. premade buildings, ect

also mabye weapon customization? but on a "larger scale" like blacklight tango down/retribution. and in forge have placeable AI like grunts and elites and things

i would personally like for you to remove the armor abilities because i feel it wont fit along with the campaign, also i feel that they have ruined halo reach a little and i think that because of them and all the terrible community created maps, is the reason why nearly the same amount of people still play halo 3 as there is who play reach. i would love halo 4 to be like halo 3 and halo 2 multiplayer, no health packs and no armor abilities and i wish they would bring back the equipment for e.g. bubble shields and power drains. Also i think bringing the covenant carbine, beam rifle and the beloved battle rifle back into the game would be a great move, another thing i would want out of halo 4 is there to be less detail in the weapons and armor, i know it seems daft but i think they over did it in halo reach, if i am honest i was and am quite disappointed with halo reach, they tried to make halo reach completely different to how the other halo's was before in what it think was desperate attempt to increase there sale figures which did not work because all that people wanted including me and my peers was the original halo multiplayer experience and i would love halo 4 to have all of that. one last point which i forgot to mention is that bringing the dual wield and power ups back would be good too. basically i don't want halo 4 to ruin the halo trilogy and am sure many other fans don't want that to happen either, i want halo 4 to be how the halo's should all be, they should all be like halo the original first 3, the third one is six years of age and is still competing in the the online world with games like call of duty and gears of war etc. i realize bungie tried to attract more new players with changing everything in halo reach, but i am only 14 years old and i do not no one person who enjoyed the changes bungie made in halo reach, me and my friends still love playing the first 3 halo's and even the ones who have just got an Xbox 360, who are new to gaming still prefer the original 3 to the newer ones. please take into thought of what i have said and i hope you make the right decisions with halo 4 :) p.s i am your average teenager and average gamer, i just know how to speak for you to even consider what a 14 year old boy is saying ;)

• Like 3

I want them to take away the dmr because that was what destroyed the halo feal in reach and I want them to make halo 4 for pc!!

Na, i like the DMR better than the BR. and halo 4 should NOT be on the PC. you talk about the halo feel, well it wont feel like halo if its not on the xbox.

• Like 3

what do i want out of halo 4? i want that feeling of halo that i used to get defeating my first covenent armada, i want that feel of destroying the flood in halo 1, i want the feel i got first playing halo 2 online, i want the same feeling i got when i lugged my tv and xbox over to my buddies house just to play halo 2 system link, i want the feeling of hope when i saw the first scene of halo 3 where master chief comes back, i want that feeling of killing that first brute in halo 3 i want that feeling of seeing you favorite characters fall just so you could stop the flood, i want that feeling of halo back... please

I strongly AGREE!!!

My wish list. OP based

1. Campaign that keeps you wide awake after midnight release..I mean literally your heart will race for the whole game as you see MC.

2. Weapons that are so textured you feel as if you can hold one in real life.

3. A multiplayer that is diverse between the Try Hards, Casuals, Forgers, Infectioners, boosters and the nublets.

4. Custom Armor Variants throughout the whole spartan. I dont want to look like a spartan that was already created. I want my very unique Spartan with its own number. Maybe a number base on xbox live that shows when your spartan was created.

5. I want halo 4 to be for machinima. A gametype that lets you do machinima without an ugly hold on a controller or no gun on the screen. Maybe a spartan can actually walk? or move its hands and do something besides awkwardly hold its hands up.

6. Diversity in sexes

7. I want to see beauty everywhere i go like in gears of war 3..not comparing but I mean in gears 3 most of the texture was perfect so you rarely saw a texture mess up or a piece of ground not loaded right.

8. I want more than 20 easter eggs..i want to LOL and ROFL as i go through them..maybe cry like i almsot did for the tribute room.

9. When i finished halo ce anniversary my heart was warm because i know that this isnt over. I want that feeling of knowing that when i beat halo 4 on legendary and see the ending..i want to almost cry and feel joy as i know the forerunners and precursors know that MC is no joke.

More added later. The end:)

• Like 3

I would like to see more customization to how your toon liiks. I really liked Reach but it would be cool if different armor and weapons gave different stats. As for Leveling I liked Reach system with the credits but I would also like to see in Halo 4 them incorporate a system that if you win you get more credits than if you lose.

I made a list of them.

-A box map, which you build things in and can import them out in forge. So I place a Pelican in forge. I need to move it, so I delete the pieces, go into the forge menu, select "Models", and then "Pelican."

-More natural structures, like trees.

-Ability to place any vehicle in forge, so Scarabs and Elephants.

-Two or Three forge world like maps and blank maps with the normal maps, so "Spire Blank."

-Weather and time controls in forge, so a "dark and stormy night" in infection.

-Variants of vehicles, so a normal Falcon, a Transport Falcon, with five seats with people on the sides, or a Grenadier Falcon, with grenade launchers.

I really just want new maps with maps you cange everything up to every little peice of grass and weather changes but i really want armor and weapons that upgrade you because people in reach told me that when you buy armor you get stat upgrades so big armor more defence more defence meaning taking less damage so when a zombie attacks me i surve the hit they were wrong i die every zombie hit unless I deflect it(luckliy). So I just want it to happen so I don't get lied to!

• Like 1

Maps like Gaurdian and the Pit, maybe re-makes or something. I'd also like no loadouts, just pickups. I would however like some more diverse pick ups, like an evade pick up or a pick up which basically gives you the ability to sprint.

A Halo 3 like ranking system and a covenant sniper instead of the focus rifle.

• Like 1

Halo 3's ranking system is by far the best way to rank players. I personally think that's going to be an essential aspect of Halo 4's multiplayer experience. I hate being close minded, but I'm just going to throw this out there, I will not play Halo 4 if the multiplayer/ranking system of it is even remotely similar to Halo: Reach. Reach is an insult to true Halo fans like myself.

You may not think my opinion means much, but I know the vast majority of competitive Halo players would agree. The true skill ranking system is the way to go. Competitive Halo players need a ranking system that gives them not only incentive to win, but to gain skill and progress as a player in order to progress in the ranks.

Halo: Reach was a disgrace to the Halo franchise. Please listen, this is my last plea! Heed my warning, I'm articulating and expressing the mutual feelings of thousands of Halo fans! Focus on what made Halo succesful with fans and kept them playing for hours and hours, for days on end. Forget about what made Halo: Reach successful in the "box office", because ultimatley happy Halo fans are the primary source of Halo's success!

Once again, I'm begging. The Halo community needs to be revitalized!!!

• Like 3