Official "Which multiplayer maps would you like to see return in Halo 4?"

RedStarRocket91

221 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think any existing community Forged maps should return to Multiplayer in Halo 4?

• I believe that some community Forge maps should return in Halo 4 using either Forge items or full geometry.
    • I believe that some community Forge maps should return in Halo 4, but only using Forge items.
    • I believe that some community Forge maps should return in Halo 4, but only using full geometry.
    • I do not believe that any community Forge maps should return in Halo 4.
  2. 2. Do you think any existing fully-geometric maps should return to Multiplayer in Halo 4?

• I believe that some fully-geometric maps should return in Halo 4 using either Forge items or full geometry.
    • I believe that some fully-geometric maps should return in Halo 4, but only using Forge items.
    • I believe that some fully-geometric maps should return in Halo 4, but only using full geometry.
    • I do not believe that any fully-geometric maps should return in Halo 4.

For the sake of discussion, if the of Halo 4 are still playable in MM in Halo 5 due to a "preplanned" design of Halo 4, that would be a great way to bring maps forward into a new game. I would rather see a separate disk, or DLC, that had the "Map Classics" which contained ............. 16 of the all time favorites. Worthy of a purchase in my opinion.

There was a rumour a while back that Halo 4 would have a version of Forge World which could import item coordinates from Reach, allowing maps to be be instantly recreated. While I don't know if that's even possible - Twinreaper needs something akin to a bat signal - it'd definitely be nice to be able to play the same maps between Halos 4 and 5. A separate multiplayer disc with classic maps would be great, and it would certainly have an audience going by how well populated the Anniversary playlists are.

• 5 months later...

Here is one from each, except Reach!

Blood Gultch (Halo CE)

This map became my favorite almost instantly. I would spend hours on BG with friends everyday. I knew this map like the back of my hand!

Lockout (Halo 2)

I got into competitive Halo late in H2 but this quickly became my favorite as I grew into a more strategic player.

The Pit (Halo 3)

To me, this map is the very best for competitive gameplay. I have watched and played many 4v4 MLG games on this map and almost all of them, no matter the gametype, have been very exciting.

• Like 2

Lockout! That's one of the greatest maps of all time in my opinion.

Midship and Warlock were also some of my favorites.

The Pit and Guardian were probably my favorites from Halo 3 with Zealot and Countdown from Halo Reach.

343 doesn't need to continue the trend of making maps complicated with all kinds of different floors and levels to each map (ex. Sword Base). These maps don't play well at all, especially in your average team slayer game. The constant battling and gunfire of simple and mostly symmetrical maps in Halo 2 and 3 made the game a LOT more exciting.

I also hope they make the maps look better from Halo Reach, which just feels like a lot of bluish-gray shades to me (except for Zealot).

• Like 1

There was a rumour a while back that Halo 4 would have a version of Forge World which could import item coordinates from Reach, allowing maps to be be instantly recreated. While I don't know if that's even possible - Twinreaper needs something akin to a bat signal - it'd definitely be nice to be able to play the same maps between Halos 4 and 5. A separate multiplayer disc with classic maps would be great, and it would certainly have an audience going by how well populated the Anniversary playlists are.

im pretty sure thats possible. also you know the forge lag was so bad in forge world? this was a result of the size of the map hence there should be a series of forgeable maps to prevent lag.

im pretty sure thats possible. also you know the forge lag was so bad in forge world? this was a result of the size of the map hence there should be a series of forgeable maps to prevent lag.

I think I read somewhere that the problem was more with trying to generate lots of Forge objects at once rather than just map size - it'll be good if they've managed to fix that. At any rate, it looks like there're going to be more than one new Forge canvasses to play with, so if it is a problem with map size, that should indeed behave better!

Halo3/Construct, Guardian, pit, halo2/ lockout' warlock, midship, ascension, beaver Creek /mostly just let us vote give us a choice each game to vote tha map an tha maps that get barelyever get play from vtoes drop them an add new ones if there is 4v4 don't let tha game give us tha biggest map that you've made keep those 4 bigteam battle an ctf get some ideas from tha mlg pros you can't go wrong there they speak what most of us want

The small maps are completey bad ideas for a remake. due to added sprinting the map would simply become a CoD style melee mash-up resulting in terrible gameplay that will lead to a bad multiplayer. No The maps that will be remade will have to be medium sized, large or enormous maps just to give players room to move (a major problem in reach). Maps such as The Pit, Valhalla, Sandtrap, Last Resort and Avalanche would be excellent examples.

• Like 1

not really a remake if you do that is it?

I thought that was understood, but yes..... a scaled up "remake". I dont hear a lot of people mention that map, guess i'm one of the few who really enjoyed it, but then again, most people preferred maps because they tend to play better on them. I just hope i have a few like that in Halo 4.

I think that some maps could be remade along with new maps. But I want to see a community playlist for forged maps.

I agree. I love a good remake, mainly for nastalgia, but im most excited to see what new maps 343 will come up with. I loved Reach but was a little dissapointed with the feel of the maps and the repetitive use of the forge world. For me, the maps from halo 2 & 3 is what made those games so special. I'm excited to see what 343 has come up with but either way it looks to be an amazing game.
  • Like 1

I agree. I love a good remake, mainly for nastalgia, but im most excited to see what new maps 343 will come up with. I loved Reach but was a little dissapointed with the feel of the maps and the repetitive use of the forge world. For me, the maps from halo 2 & 3 is what made those games so special. I'm excited to see what 343 has come up with but either way it looks to be an amazing game.

To many of reaches maps were taken straight from the campaign. the DLC did help, (Anchor 9 being my personal favourite until anniv. DLC) The community maps were, for the most part good, but some were absolutely terrible, places you could get caught on, and becuase the map was so big, to many overlaping objects cuased major lag if you looked in that direction.

So for Halo 4's equivelent there should be multiple sandbox maps to prevent this lag from ocurring.