Official "Which multiplayer maps would you like to see return in Halo 4?"

RedStarRocket91

221 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think any existing community Forged maps should return to Multiplayer in Halo 4?

• I believe that some community Forge maps should return in Halo 4 using either Forge items or full geometry.
    • I believe that some community Forge maps should return in Halo 4, but only using Forge items.
    • I believe that some community Forge maps should return in Halo 4, but only using full geometry.
    • I do not believe that any community Forge maps should return in Halo 4.
  2. 2. Do you think any existing fully-geometric maps should return to Multiplayer in Halo 4?

• I believe that some fully-geometric maps should return in Halo 4 using either Forge items or full geometry.
    • I believe that some fully-geometric maps should return in Halo 4, but only using Forge items.
    • I believe that some fully-geometric maps should return in Halo 4, but only using full geometry.
    • I do not believe that any fully-geometric maps should return in Halo 4.

Community Forge Maps

Whether you're a die-hard supporter or an avid opponent of Reach's Forge, it's likely that there will be at least one community-made map that you're a big fan of. For some people, symmetrical maps like Synapse or Select provide a huge amount of entertainment and replayability, with some preferring asymmetrical maps like Eden Minor or Precipice.

With Halo 4 comes the opportunity to 'upgrade' some of these maps into fully geometric arenas, rather than being composed purely of Forge pieces, or at least include them as new Forge variants of whatever the new Forge sandbox will be.

So, which existing Forge maps, if any, do you think should be remade for Halo 4?

Geometric Maps

Reach shipped with three classic maps (Blood Gulch, Ascension, and Sanctuary) reconstructed using Forge pieces and present in multiplayer. It also featured a remake of Ivory Tower using full geometry.

Remakes of maps are becoming a somewhat recurring theme in the franchise, with Halo 3 also featuring several maps returning from previous games, such as Chill Out and Heretic.

With the possibility of existing levels being remade in Halo 4 being very real therefore, which geometric maps, if any, would you like to see making their return?

Edited by Absolute Dog
Pinned by Absolute Dog
  • Like 2

I really like the approach you take to this topic. I actually learned a lot about terminology I was completely unaware of. Now with that said.....I am personally not looking for the return of any maps from the previous games. When I purchase Halo 4 I expected to see all new content in regards to maps. I don't want any shipped forge maps or remakes of community maps. I respect and have admired a number of the community maps that have ended up in the play lists, think there should have been more of them for Snipers and Swat, but they can be forged again in any new system that is shipped with H4. There may come a day when a community map could be considered being fully rendered for a DLC, maybe even a Community DLC map pack from H3 and Reach, but initially I want all brand new maps. By the way, did I say nice OP?

• Like 3

Thank you, Absolute! Although it's a little early to be adding my own thoughts, for fear of corrupting the result, I do agree that there has to be all-new content. Building a vanilla multiplayer almost exclusively from campaign maps and remakes really frustrated me as it felt like Bungie had run out of ideas, rather than seriously thinking about what kind of maps they were shipping.

Honestly, I love some of the community content. Granted, there are a couple maps that I thought shouldn't have made it, but the rest were pretty solid. It would be great if Halo 4 forge allowed us to change the texture, shape, and color of objects as well. Random thought at the end there.

• Like 2

pit gaurdian lockout and construct...now could anybody really pass up a dlc map pack with these remakes?

I actually wouldn't be too thrilled about the return of Construct. It's an adequate map, certainly enjoyable but nothing overly special. Lockout's already been remade once and that was as fun as ever, but I think bringing it back again might give it the feeling of being overdone - I'd definitely like to see Guardian and The Pit make a return, though!

A list of maps from all the halos that I wouldn't mind if they were remade are:

Battle Creek/Beaver Creek/Battle Canyon

Sidewinder/Avalance (prefered Sidewinder)

Damnation/Penance

Rat Race (so sue me this map was a fun, interesting 4v4 one)

Prisoner/Solitary

Hang em High/High Noon (tombstone wasn't a good remake from what I remember)

Chill Out/Cold Storage

Derelict (desolation was not a good remake either)

Wizard/Warlock

Timberland/Ridgeline

Lockout (Blackout was...just not the same)

Midship/Heretic

Colossus

Headlong/Breakneck

Waterworks

Containment (I thought it was cool)

Sanctuary

Terminal

Citadel

Guardian

The Pit

Valhalla

Countdown

Zealot

Tempest

Highlands

• Like 4

A list of maps from all the halos that I wouldn't mind if they were remade are:

Battle Creek/Beaver Creek/Battle Canyon

Sidewinder/Avalance (prefered Sidewinder)

Damnation/Penance

Rat Race (so sue me this map was a fun, interesting 4v4 one)

Prisoner/Solitary

Hang em High/High Noon (tombstone wasn't a good remake from what I remember)

Chill Out/Cold Storage

Derelict (desolation was not a good remake either)

Wizard/Warlock

Timberland/Ridgeline

Lockout (Blackout was...just not the same)

Midship/Heretic

Colossus

Headlong/Breakneck

Waterworks

Containment (I thought it was cool)

Sanctuary

Terminal

Citadel

Guardian

The Pit

Valhalla

Countdown

Zealot

Tempest

Highlands

sooo all of them pretty much?

• Like 1

I can understand the love for some of the maps of previous games, but why in the world would you want old maps shipped with a brand new game considering the limited number of maps that are offered in a games launch. There is already and abundance of existing maps currently. Halo 3 is still online and is as fun today as it was then, in regards to maps. Reflection (Ivory Towers) plus the whole map pack of HCEA is in the current game and are remastered versions of the originals, plus the "shipped forged" versions of Pinnacle (Ascention) and Asylum (Sanctuary).

I hear that players want something new and fresh in Halo 4, so do I. We need all new maps. 343 Studios needs to show us what they can do in map creation and not rely on past maps for success. Besides, the maps of Halo 4 are already done. So if we are talking about DLC, where does playing a map from locations many years past in the game fit in to being on a shield world.

I want to explore this new environment not only in campaign, but in MM. What made some of the maps of the past so good was their play ability, the quality design and their feel. Give me all new maps!

• Like 2

So if we are talking about DLC, where does playing a map from locations many years past in the game fit in to being on a shield world.

Multiplayer and campaign are seperate entities and should not restrict the other. Multiplayer isn't part of the story or canon for the franchise and thus the settings of the maps don't need to "make sense" for those that have already played the campaign.

• Like 1

Multiplayer and campaign are seperate entities and should not restrict the other. Multiplayer isn't part of the story or canon for the franchise and thus the settings of the maps don't need to "make sense" for those that have already played the campaign.

Agreed, my points intent was to show a desire of wanting all new content from Halo 4, whether it be the shipped maps or DLC. I have certainly admitted my love for maps of Halo past and the basic feel and quality of design can easily be put into new maps instead "reskinning" the surfaces of old ones. I had not direct intent of implying a cannon departure in MM.

For the sake of discussion, if the of Halo 4 are still playable in MM in Halo 5 due to a "preplanned" design of Halo 4, that would be a great way to bring maps forward into a new game. I would rather see a separate disk, or DLC, that had the "Map Classics" which contained ............. 16 of the all time favorites. Worthy of a purchase in my opinion.

• Like 1