Action Sack - Hockey

VERNLER

It would be cool if melees and assassinations were put back into hockey. It makes the game a lot more fun. For people who complain it ruins the game, killing is a part of every game regardless of the objective. You have to pay attention to your radar in every game type. Why should you not allow assassinations just b/c little cry baby try hards want to hit the golf ball into the goal and not pay attention to anything else? What other game type does this? Answer - none. I actually find it incredibly more annoying to get constantly ARed from across the map than I do getting assassinated a lot. Just b/c little kids complain about getting assassinated doesn't mean you should give in to them. I guarantee you, you would see a vast increase in players in the AS playlist if you could assassinate in hockey. It's just more fun, who doesn't like animating people? Who doesn't like ninja'ing people? When hockey lost assassinations and beat downs, action sack went to complete crap because that was the most fun gametype. Reinstate it please, it's more fun with assassinations.

I have never even come close to playing Hokey, but it is my understanding they removed it due to a serious influx of complaints of players who were only there to assassinate and beat down others with no concern for the game. It appeared the were either chasing their commendations or possibly thought it was fun to run around killing players with out any attempt to play the game. You are the first that I can remember complaining about their removal.

So I'm the only one I like it the way it is? Without the assassinations? Assassinations ruined the gametype, cause no one could turn their back on an opponent. It was way to easy to kill someone. Right now, melee attacks work just fine, it takes a few hits to get a kill though. Its the right way.

The gametype is very fun, if you're playing with friends. You have to forget about DMR and killing for a minute and enjoy it, see it as hockey, football, anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never even come close to playing Hokey, but it is my understanding they removed it due to a serious influx of complaints of players who were only there to assassinate and beat down others with no concern for the game. It appeared the were either chasing their commendations or possibly thought it was fun to run around killing players with out any attempt to play the game. You are the first that I can remember complaining about their removal.

They took HOCKEY OUT. WHY WERE THEY COMPLAINING BECAUSE THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!! I will miss hockey :2guns: :thumbdown: :guitar: ! Sorry for Caps lock.

Well this is the thing in regards to the "problem" of people disregarding the game. There are a TON of gametypes out there where people do this exact same thing: Invasion, Big Team, Multi Team, Team Objective, Grifball. I realize there isn't really a way to regulate or somehow not allow people to abuse these playlists as the majority of every high rank play these playlists to boost k/d, or ***** commendations. As far as people complaining that it ruins the game type, the fact that you can't assassinate or beat down makes it completely impossible to not allow someone from hitting the ball whether you want to kill them quickly as a defensive or offensive move. I have played hockey for the sake of winning the game without any regard for how much I die and really only trying to score. However, since kids can completely ignore anybody behind them, they can just run around hitting the ball constantly. You have to get hit at least 3 times square on with the hammer to die, most times a lot more than that because your hammer swings cancel each others out to a degree. The games go on forever because no one can score because people can go around just hammering away at the ball without any concern for being killed quickly unless all 4 teammates concentrate on one person which is nearly impossible to do for a lot of reasons. I'm pretty sure I've addressed any alleged "problems" with having assassinations in hockey, nobody wants to play it anymore because it takes forever and you can't kill anyone. Put assassinations back in please, it will make it better and people will actually play it again.

p.s. I'm assuming 343 has the power and capability of changing the gametype back to its original play style even though Bungie was the one who changed it originally?

Also, every single playlist and gametype requires you to pay attention to your radar, and with the exception of halo ball, killing players is always possible and important to whether you win or lose. There is no reason this one gametype should allow people to totally ignore their radar, it doesn't make any sense, people play the game to kill and score goals or both. Stop listening to 10 year olds who are bad at the game anyway and if they really got their way, it would only take one melee hit to kill you because they are that bad in general.