Solution to the Title update problem

andrew4052

I found out a solution. Instead of making everyone else's gaming experience judged on by 1000-2000 people on the forums, why don't you try this. Instead of making the Title update mandatory, why don't you do a test? For a bout a month, make another playlist, that only has no title update. That way there would be a one playlist with title update in every gametype, and one without it. It would include every playlist, but without the title update. Moniter the number of players on each play list. Whichever one gets more players would become the new official title update.

Sincerely,

A person who represents the majority of the community in the belief that the title update really sucks

In case you didn't get my example here's a demonstration. Note: > <--- represents a change in playlist

Title update>Anniversary, Coop, Competitive, Community, Crappy TU Beta that is played by 1/1000000 of the community>And so on and so forth

No title update>Anniversery, coop, competitive, community, Crappy TU Beta that is ruining Halo and will cause Halo 4 to put you out of business> and so on into the regular categories.

OR BETTER YET!

Make the title update optional! That way we can prove that no one who matters likes it.

The OP has a "Revised" post list in this thread

here.

He had created another OP rather than update this

one or post a revision in here. It was transferred here.

Absolute Dog

I found out a solution. Instead of making everyone else's gaming experience judged on by 1000-2000 people on the forums, why don't you try this. Instead of making the Title update mandatory, why don't you do a test? For a bout a month, make another playlist, that only has no title update. That way there would be a one playlist with title update in every gametype, and one without it. It would include every playlist, but without the title update. Moniter the number of players on each play list. Whichever one gets more players would become the new official title update.

Sincerely,

A person who represents the majority of the community in the belief that the title update really sucks

In case you didn't get my example here's a demonstration. Note: > <--- represents a change in playlist

Title update>Anniversary, Coop, Competitive, Community, Crappy TU Beta that is played by 1/1000000 of the community>And so on and so forth

No title update>Anniversery, coop, competitive, community, Crappy TU Beta that is ruining Halo and will cause Halo 4 to put you out of business> and so on into the regular categories.

OR BETTER YET!

Make the title update optional! That way we can prove that no one who matters likes it.

You do not represent the majority of the community. I don't know how you got this idea in your head that you do. You also have provided no concrete proof to back up the claim that the majority dislikes the title update. "That way we can prove that no one who matters likes it." Who the heck do you think you are implying that anyone who likes the title update doesn't matter? You've got some nerve saying something like that. You may not like the title update, I happen to think it makes the game better. You have no right to just say that I and lots of other players do not matter. We DO matter. We're fellow players just like you and anyone who dislikes the TU. If you haven't noticed, Reach's population has grown since more playlists have been updated with the title update. To me, that means that a lot of players enjoy it. I'd also love to hear your thoughts about why the title update sucks. The only negative I can think of is that armour lock has been nerfed in a way that you can no longer use it to counter grenade spam. That's pretty much it.

• Like 2

You do not represent the majority of the community. I don't know how you got this idea in your head that you do. You also have provided no concrete proof to back up the claim that the majority dislikes the title update. "That way we can prove that no one who matters likes it." Who the heck do you think you are implying that anyone who likes the title update doesn't matter? You've got some nerve saying something like that. You may not like the title update, I happen to think it makes the game better. You have no right to just say that I and lots of other players do not matter. We DO matter. We're fellow players just like you and anyone who dislikes the TU. If you haven't noticed, Reach's population has grown since more playlists have been updated with the title update. To me, that means that a lot of players enjoy it. I'd also love to hear your thoughts about why the title update sucks. The only negative I can think of is that armour lock has been nerfed in a way that you can no longer use it to counter grenade spam. That's pretty much it.

Agreed mystic :D

Sincerely,

OR BETTER YET!

Andrew you have the basis for a good idea there I think. Give the players of the game, not just the active forum communities a voice.

The voting of a play list in an "existing" versus a "TU" play list seems good on the surface. There would have to be a rather lengthy time for comparison due to players shifting from one to another play list, infrequent players coming on, etc. You know, as well as others, that when you offer something update wise and some players like it, then find it removed due to popularity issues, it creates another group of those who feel neglected. It is a hard decision for the developer, or in this case the games custodian, to make sometimes.

You are right that the active "people in the forums" should not be the only voice because most players do not get involved in the forums. It can be used in some cases as a litmus of where the community as a whole stands, but the numbers in the forums and overall opinion currently do not reflect the community as a whole. Neither do you!

Using terms like "Crappy TU Beta" and "no one that matters likes it" is only going to ruffle feathers, so find a better way to give example without the colorful remarks and you may find better discussion on your thoughts. Hopefully you will see this and do a "TU" for your "OP"!

P.S. One more thing to consider is that the TU may be the shape of things to come in Halo 4. So, if you are one of the Reach faithful that said others needed to "adapt" to what Reach offered, you may want to consider "adapting" to what may be comming in Halo 4!

• Like 1

What is everyone's issue with the TU? there was a public overhaul for a change in halo reach, 343 make them that, and then people complain because they want the old game back,

IMO they should get rid of all the 100% Bloom games and make them all TU, so people have to adapt again, just like in the beginning of halo reach.

Why do so much people hate the TU? Ya'know, TU's not in EVERY playlist! I'm starting to get sooo tired of this. Like Mystic said, the only thing IMO is how Armor Lock has been nerfed past the point where it is not even useful. People had to adapt when they went to Halo: Reach, and adapting is a way of life! Well, actually I'm in almost no position to speak that one sentence because I'm still using H3 Controls. :P But still people, TU isn't that big of a deal, it's just an advancement, I'm sure there are a lot of people who hate the TU, but that's exactly why there are playlists without the TU.

Actually, also here's a sentence that people might start a whole rebellion/argument on me for, but still this is an honest OPINION, "the only TU-related thing I hate is Zero Bloom DMRs."

Andrew youve got to understand, many many many people left Halo because they hated Reach. The changes in the TU are making Reach more like the traditional Halos, and if you noticed, people are coming back. The TU made me come back! So your in the minority here, for the first time in Reachs history the population is growing, living dead had over 100,000 players when I last looked, thats more than the entire pop of reach for a few months.

Andrew, you come across as a generally rude person in my eyes simply by saying the ones who like TU don't matter. You also do not represent the majority of the community. You're 1 little dot in a vast gaming world, on top of that you have the wrong facts when it comes down to it and so i have no other choice then to burn you in my next statement.

Title Update was implemented for the users who left reach because of the vanilla settings. From the entire time i have played reach i have seen more people online since TU has been added then before it was. So that to me, speaks for itself. If you don't like TU then i would suggest either picking another gametype, or pick another game period. But coming on a forum, acting rude and being biased won't get you much praise in fact people will turn their heads.

TU has been implemented and it's highly doubtful that it will ever be removed from reach. So posting threads whining about TU is old and unneeded in my humble opinion. Personally, TU brings back the classical feel of Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3. Which is something i really like and yet i can still adapt to vanilla reach as well. But that is what a true gamer is at heart, no matter what the change is they adapt and continue to have fun.

The TU melee bleed through is what needs to go, there needed to be ZERO CHANGE made to the melee damage, absolutely none, instead now any scrub with an AR can kill anyone in .5 seconds, and I'm not exaggerating. It's beyond stupid.

I hate to break it to you but people want this change. Its actually the melee system from Halo3 and it allows people who shot + melee to defeat players who try to double melee you. Plus the AR is now a viable weapon in close range, so your in the minority here.

• Like 1

Alright, the last time i wrote the other post, I was pissed off due to personal reasons. Here is WHAT i really think we should do.

...Fine. I was really pissed off when I wrote that other one, so why don't we consider this?

Armor lock nerf=good

75% bloom=I can adapt, but can you consider this? 50% bloom?

Bleedthrough=No, just no. At least not this much. I don't want to be able to pump two shots into my enemy then punch him, and he immediately dies.

3 shot pistol SOUNDS perfect, but we have to remember that in Halo 1, or CE, there were TWO head shot weapons. It was also harder to get kills. Now there are rifles The pistol should be worse than the Dmr/nr, yet better than the AR.

No sword block=WTF? It's as simple as kubgd, switch weapons and shoot once. Guaranteed kill. Sword block wasn't even an issue. It's rarely seen. I know it's supposed to be a power weapon, but come on, sword block occurs once every 10 games, and the person who sword blocks usually dies anyways. (Excluding infection)

4 shot headshot weapons.=Fail. The NR is now OP because of it's auto fire. Also, the game goes too fast with the rate of fire being too high and the AR killing super quickly.

Active camo was fine just the way it is. If you want to screw around with armor abilities screw around with armor lock.

Armor lock=Why don't you make armor lock repel POWER weapons and vehicles, but be susceptible to regular weapons. That way everyone is happy.

I think that's it.

But please, just at least make the update optional. I hate having to switch playlists. BTB, since the update, is usually down 1,000-2,000 players.

Also, try to make it more fun.

Also, take away base recon

I have transferred andrew's new "Revised" OP here.

Mystic appears to have posted the same response and the

comment by Azaxx is posted here as well.

Absolute Dog

Edited by Absolute Dog
I have transferred the "Revised" OP into his original thread.

...Fine. I was really pissed off when I wrote that, so why don't we consider this.

Armor lock nerf=good

75% bloom=I can adapt.

Bleedthrough=No, just no. At least no this. I don't want to be able to pump two shots into my enemy then punch him, and he immediately dies.

3 shot pistol SOUNDS perfect, but we have to remember that in Halo 1, or CE, there were TWO head shot weapons. It was also harder to get kills. The pistol should be worse than the Dmr/nr, yet better than the AR.

No sword block=WTF? It's as simple as swing, switch weapons and shot once. Guaranteed kill. Sword block wasn't even an issue. It's rarely seen.

4 shot headshot weapons.=Fail. The NR is now OP because of it's auto fire. Also, the game goes too fast with the rate of fire being too high and the AR killing super quickly.

Active camo was fine just the way it is. If you want to screw around with armor abilities screw around with armor lock.

Armor lock=Why don't you make armor lock repel POWER weapons and vehicles, but be susceptible to regular weapons. That way everyone is happy.

I think that's it.

I'm posting my response within this thread as well, just in case the moderators see it fit to delete your revised topic.

"Armour Lock - I do not mind the nerf to armour lock. It's no longer abused as much, so I take that as a good thing.

Bloom - It's actually 85%, and I believe they hit the sweet spot with it. I would not want to see a further reduction. If you want to play with little bloom, just play the Zero Bloom playlist. Timing your shots now actually works more often than not now.

Bleed-through - Yes. Bleed-through solves the double melee issue that is oh so common in vanilla Reach. People would sprint up to someone and melee them twice for a cheap kill. The person being meleed would either have to a) melee back, which would be completely useless as their melee cool-down wouldn't do so fast enough to out melee their opponent, or b ) they would need to shoot their opponent even as they were closing in and hitting them in the hopes that their shields would pop. Double-meleeing was a problem, and bleed-through solved it. I like that they added it, and see nothing wrong with it. Also, which weapon are you talking about when you say "I don't want to be able to put two shots into my enemy them punch him, and he immediately dies." As far as I know, the only weapons that come close to doing that kind of damage to the shields is the DMR or magnum. Even then, it takes three shots from the DMR, and at least three or four from the magnum. I'd like to know which weapon you can put two shots into someone with, and then melee for a kill.

3-shot magnum/pistol - This magnum/pistol is only in the Anniversary playlists, so there isn't much issue with it. Its damage and firing rate has been modified in such a way as to emulate the Halo: CE magnum. There were two headshot weapons in CE, yes, but one was the sniper rifle. That's what you do with a sniper rifle, try to score headshots. Why should it be worse than the DMR/NR? If the point of the 3-shot magnum is to emulate the firing speed and strength of the CE magnum, why should they make it weaker than the DMR/NR? The DMR/NR are far more accurate at longer ranges, even when shot a bit quicker. That's kind of the trade-off you get when choosing them over the 3shot. You trade the firepower of the 3-shot magnum for more accuracy. As far as I know the, 3-shot magnum IS better than the AR.

Sword block - It's as simple as what? Sword block WAS an issue. The sword is a power weapon, and including something like sword block nerfs the swords power and usefulness as such. There are already counters to the sword, and sword block was taking it too far. If you want/need to counter the sword/a sword user, simply find the shotgun or keep at a distance. I can not tell you how many times I've seen myself or another user die after having their sword attack blocked. This happened far more than you might think. You have to get up close to your opponent in order to really use the sword, so why should I have to go through even more hoops to get a kill when I already managed to close in on the enemy? If I'm able to manage getting up closer and personal, I think I deserve to get the kill if I can aim properly when I attack.

4 shot headshot weapons (I'm pretty sure it's five shots, but we'll use what you said just for the halibut) - The NR is not overpowered. With 85% bloom, it still requires the user to pace their shots properly. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but auto-firing with the needle rifle causes it to lose its accuracy rather quickly. Not to mention that it is weaker than the DMR. I've faced people who have used the NR in 85% gametypes. It's really no more difficult to take them down with a DMR than it has been before. The game goes too fast? Not really. It still takes a bit of shooting to kill someone, even with the reduced bloom. If you can't stand the increased pace of the game, that's your own fault. The AR really needed something done to it. It was laughable to use an AR, even in close quarters. With damage bleed-through enabled, the AR actually can help kill someone rather quickly. Sure you have to now deal with the classic AR and melee combo ala Halo 3, but I'll take that over the double melee problem any day.

Active Camo - They reduced the time that you are allowed to spend in Active Camo, and I see this only as a good thing. People were able to spend way too long a time invisible and camping in a corner. Now they can't do it as much, and I'm pleased.

Armour Lock (again) - Making it susceptible to regular weapons, but allowing it to repel power weapons would make absolutely no sense. Why would a power weapon do nothing, but a regular gun like an AR or DMR be effective against it? They disabled sticky shedding, something that was very annoying if I managed to stick someone with a plasma grenade. If I manage to do so, I think I deserve the kill for the simple fact that I was able to properly time, throw, and aim the grenade. The only issue I have with armour lock's energy being reduced from taking damage now is that grenade spam doesn't really have much of a counter anymore. That's my only complaint about the armour lock nerf.

(In response to you stating BTB is now down or down to 1 to 2k players or so) Oh? BTB is actually down players now? I've never noticed it, but I'd love if you'd show me some proof of that. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the population of Halo: Reach has actually increased ever since they applied the title update settings to more playlists. That, to me, means that a lot of people enjoy it. Perhaps even more than the amount of people that do not. The title update is going to be tested for Team Slayer this month. If more people choose the TU variant than the vanilla Reach variant, it will be applied to Team Slayer. I like that they're testing it this way. You can't really complain about that, because if the majority of people want the TU settings, then why wouldn't they apply them? If people would rather see the vanilla Reach settings stay in Team Slayer, they will."

• Like 2

Tu=noob. It's like playing against someone that uses plas pistol all the time. Yeh I get my kills w/ar or pistols but then I feel like a noob. I vote vanilla as well as well as a lot of other randoms. Tu hardly wins from what I see. As for the halo 2 & 3 reference of feel, I strongly disagree bc each ones feel changed. They all did so there was no consistency. Take the way the grenades were thrown for example. In 1 they would go far. In 2 they were merely lobbed. The feel always changed so to say Tu feels more like the other halos is laughable.

Tu=noob. It's like playing against someone that uses plas pistol all the time. Yeh I get my kills w/ar or pistols but then I feel like a noob. I vote vanilla as well as well as a lot of other randoms. Tu hardly wins from what I see. As for the halo 2 & 3 reference of feel, I strongly disagree bc each ones feel changed. They all did so there was no consistency. Take the way the grenades were thrown for example. In 1 they would go far. In 2 they were merely lobbed. The feel always changed so to say Tu feels more like the other halos is laughable.

I dont understand why you think using the AR/pistol is noob while the double melee isnt. To me, having the ability to run up and double hit an opponent is not okay when Halo focuses on gun skills and map movement.

It takes a lot more skill to get a kill with the Pistol than it does with the DMR, anyway. The Pistol is less accurate even on the first shot and requires more trigger discipline if you want to hit anything after that. Plus it has a weaker scope. The trade-off is that if used effectively it can kill more quickly than the DMR, albeit over a shorter range.

As far as Armor Lock goes, I can't really be objective about it. People using Armor Lock to regenerate shields after fights they should have lost, win melee battles against me when they have a Plasma Repeater and I have an Energy Sword, and generally slowing down the pace of the game just makes me think they can't nerf it enough, and that anyone who whinges about how they can't use it to ruin my game anymore because it's 'too weak' is the kind of person I just don't want to play with.

If I were to try and be impartial though, I'd say that it really needs altering in two ways - firstly, that the ability to shed plasma grenades is brought back, as that's what it is supposed to do, and secondly that the EMP upon exiting needs some time to be built up at all, instead of working from the very first moment and just getting bigger after that, as that would prevent the current unfair Lock/melee combination.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...