Should there be armor abilities in Halo 4?

StuntedJet

I personally wouldn't mind some armor abilities, but armor lock needs to be kept out of the game. It would be great to see some fresh new ones like barrel rolling off of the side of a platform to shake your pursuer.

That's just my one idea, put yours down below. :)

So you want evade back basically?

And, i'd like an ability where you can turn slightly bigger or smaller, so you're harder to shoot.

I really feel that armor abilities should not return in Halo4 and instead equipment and power ups come back. AA's could have been awesome but were badly implemented in Reach. Seeing them in halo4 will taint it for players who left, and I dont want that happening.

Id rather have them be revived in a possible Halo5, WITHOUT armor lock and active camo.

• Like 2

I personally wouldn't mind some armor abilities, but armor lock needs to be kept out of the game. It would be great to see some fresh new ones like barrel rolling off of the side of a platform to shake your pursuer.

I think all armor abilities are bad, except for sprint that is the only armor ability that I like.
  • Like 1

Why does everyone like sprint? All it does is discourages actually finishing a fair fight. You put yourself in a bad position and cant fight your way out then i feel you deserve to die. Seeing everyone run the moment they get hit in reach makes it feel like CoD

• Like 2

Why does everyone like sprint? All it does is discourages actually finishing a fair fight. You put yourself in a bad position and cant fight your way out then i feel you deserve to die. Seeing everyone run the moment they get hit in reach makes it feel like CoD

It doesn't make it feel like COD. I'm sick of hearing people compare Reach to COD or armour abilities to perks when the two are nothing alike. Quit with the comparison. Have you actually tried turning away and sprinting into cover? It's not that easy when you're being shot at. A skilled player will be able to headshot you just like that. There's nothing wrong with sprinting into cover either. What are you supposed to do? Be a fool and stand out in the open when you're vulnerable? Sprinting into cover is a smart move/choice to make when your shields are either gone or low. There's nothing wrong with doing so. If your opponent is any good, they'll kill you regardless.

• Like 4

Totally agree with you man, thats why I dislike sprint. Instead of fighting, players can just run away because the time to kill is so long. Its really not that difficult and if you watch top MLG players they do the same thing. Instead Id rather have players try to outskill each other, it makes the game faster and causes people to position themselves better on the map.

In my opinion there should be no armor abilities but I also think sprint and jet pack or thrusters should be on every loud out. Another Idea I think would make the game more fun is if the Armour you choose to wear actually did methionine to you performance. Like Heavy Armour like Georges collar breacher should be able to take more damage then say a scouts (jun Armour). And if you have sniper shoulders more sniper ammo or things along the lines of that. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

In my opinion there should be no armor abilities but I also think sprint and jet pack or thrusters should be on every loud out. Another Idea I think would make the game more fun is if the Armour you choose to wear actually did methionine to you performance. Like Heavy Armour like Georges collar breacher should be able to take more damage then say a scouts (jun Armour). And if you have sniper shoulders more sniper ammo or things along the lines of that. Just my opinion.

I think that is a pretty good idea but I doubt the more bullets to kill for heavy armor will be included because I believe that 343 will try to make the game as balanced as possible

I have played more than my share of all the halo games and I have to say that AA's are annoying. Jet-pack and sprint could be okay, as long as you kept invisibility and over shields as pickup items and not as AA's. Kill times are increased way too much and there has to be a way to balance this. Removing AA's is the logical choice.

I'm sorry but including armor abilities is not halo, and calling "Halo:Reach" a halo game is like calling basketball baseball, Sure it had some aspects of halo like the story line and the armour. Halo:Reach was basically a futureistic call of duty and therefore should not be in halo 4 at all. Halo:Reach's armor abilities also ruined most of the population of halo gamers that's why you really can't get an average of 150k people a day like halo 3 did before Halo:Reach came out, Heck halo 3 had around 500k people daily! So adding armor abilities would ruin halo 4 and any possible halo's to come.

I'm sorry but including armor abilities is not halo, and calling "Halo:Reach" a halo game is like calling basketball baseball, Sure it had some aspects of halo like the story line and the armour. Halo:Reach was basically a futureistic call of duty and therefore should not be in halo 4 at all. Halo:Reach's armor abilities also ruined most of the population of halo gamers that's why you really can't get an average of 150k people a day like halo 3 did before Halo:Reach came out, Heck halo 3 had around 500k people daily! So adding armor abilities would ruin halo 4 and any possible halo's to come.

I stopped reading as soon as you called Reach a futuristic Call of Duty. Reach and COD play nothing alike. That argument is not valid.

• Like 1

I stopped reading as soon as you called Reach a futuristic Call of Duty. Reach and COD play nothing alike. That argument is not valid.

Well my point is valid, I'm comparing reach's abilities to call of duty's perks which it is. Also it's not an "argument" it's a statement on what I think so basically it's my opinion and it can be valid because I'm giving an comparison to a game who has one key thing that can relate to COD which is armour abilities. Also never had I stated Halo:Reach had the same gameplay as COD I only talked about it's armour abilities. Gameplay usually involves it's weapons,movements,damage taken, melee system, and probably the hit registery aka hit scan.

Well my point is valid, I'm comparing reach's abilities to call of duty's perks which it is. Also it's not an "argument" it's a statement on what I think so basically it's my opinion and it can be valid because I'm giving an comparison to a game who has one key thing that can relate to COD which is armour abilities. Also never had I stated Halo:Reach had the same gameplay as COD I only talked about it's armour abilities. Gameplay usually involves it's weapons,movements,damage taken, melee system, and probably the hit registery aka hit scan.

Armour abilities are not like perks. Perks are serious game changers that you can equip at least three of. They do things like allowing you to reload faster, sprint longer, appear invisible to the radar, etc. You don't get anything like that with the armour abilities in Reach. The only way they may be similar is that they're an extra ability.That's it. Even then, that's like comparing a game like WET to Mass Effect or Gears of War because they're third person shooters. Sure the very very base may be a similar idea, but what they add to that/what they layer on is different. You may only choose one, and may only use it for a certain amount of time before it needs to recharge. Perks in COD are constant, and as I said, you can have up to three being active at any given time. There are only a few handful of AAs in Reach, and everyone may choose the exact same ones when they play the game. In COD, you unlock them by ranking up, and by doing so you unlock stronger variants of them. I never said your entire argument was invalid. I merely stated that the comparison of Reach to COD is not valid, because the two games have completely different play styles. The comparison of AAs to Perks is also rather silly, seeing as how the two aren't alike in any significant way. The bases are similar IN A WAY, but that's it.

Ok, seeing as how much me and my knowledge filled rants were missed, and by popular demand.....I AM BACK!!!!

Lets start this ***** off right shall we? Maxwell, AA's are in no way similar to CoD and existed long before CoD. Perhaps you need to go back and play Halo 1 and Halo 2. Halo 2 in particular is where we first saw characters with unique armor and an ability came with that armor. Remember the Elites on High Charity with the jetpacks? Remember the Arbiter and Elites with armor ability camo? Remember Tartarus' Armor Lock/Bubble Shield variant shield system that protected him from damage?

Point blank, AA's were on the minds of Bungie long before CoD introduced the "perk" system into CoD. If anything, by timeline....you can effectively say that Activision took a note out of Bungie's playbook and added them based on their work.

Your point is not valid because of the way you are comparing them. And if I remember correctly, you called Halo Reach to be a "Non-Halo" game because of AA's. Explain that taking into account that Characters before AA's in Reach were given armor variant abilities. You can't argue it. You know why bro? Cause it's a FACT!!!!! Halo had it well before CoD. But any way you slice it, you can always find games that draw off ideas or creations and implement them differently. It is inevitable to have a game or group of games draw on anothers aspects and play style.

• Like 3

Ok, seeing as how much me and my knowledge filled rants were missed, and by popular demand.....I AM BACK!!!!

Lets start this ***** off right shall we? Maxwell, AA's are in no way similar to CoD and existed long before CoD. Perhaps you need to go back and play Halo 1 and Halo 2. Halo 2 in particular is where we first saw characters with unique armor and an ability came with that armor. Remember the Elites on High Charity with the jetpacks? Remember the Arbiter and Elites with armor ability camo? Remember Tartarus' Armor Lock/Bubble Shield variant shield system that protected him from damage?

Point blank, AA's were on the minds of Bungie long before CoD introduced the "perk" system into CoD. If anything, by timeline....you can effectively say that Activision took a note out of Bungie's playbook and added them based on their work.

Your point is not valid because of the way you are comparing them. And if I remember correctly, you called Halo Reach to be a "Non-Halo" game because of AA's. Explain that taking into account that Characters before AA's in Reach were given armor variant abilities. You can't argue it. You know why bro? Cause it's a FACT!!!!! Halo had it well before CoD. But any way you slice it, you can always find games that draw off ideas or creations and implement them differently. It is inevitable to have a game or group of games draw on anothers aspects and play style.

Welcome back Twin!! :unworthy:

Have these people even played CoD? Or are they just that dumb?

I'm sick of seeing people comparing Reach and CoD. Just because there's a sprint feature, people must do so. In CoD, I don't see anyone locking themselves in some impervious shield, or going invisible (except on radar)... And on Reach, I don't see people doing exploding belly flops or nuking a map with napalm. There is nothing these games have in common other than the fact they're shooters.

• Like 1

i really hope that sprint stays........every thing else can go as far as i'm concerned.....the only way other AA's could work is if they were a pick up such as MLG use with evade......sprint is one of the important things i'd like to remain in H4......sprint is important as it speeds up play when you're trying to get in the action and have spawned a long way away.....some people say that is wrecks / slows down the game but that is only with the 5 shot kill.....if this was reduced to the H3 4 shot it would balance out and still punish bad map movement.....for those that can use it well, it does give you a small chance to escape certain situations which is also important, i've enjoyed watching videos or someone being able to escape a clutch situation by good use of sprint...... If the player is good they should still be able to finish you off before you can escape.....

The thing about Halo is everyone is supposed to be equal. Having a jetpack or active camo just ruins it. In Halo 3 you had to get to the equipment and powerups first and they only had a one time use. In Reach you can use it as much as you want. It just ruins the experience. It is still a Halo game but I don't want to see armour abilities ever again in a Halo game.

• Like 2