Title update: Good or bad?

andrew4052

343 please stop. The title update sucks. No bloom? Seriously? Bleed throught damage? No sword block? WTF? Why? Why would you screw up the perfect game. Though I agree armor lock needs to be nerfed, everything else sucks. Why would 343 screw up a perfect game? Why would you do that? If any 343 staff is reading this, REMOVE THE TITLE UPDATE. Notice how every title updated gametype subsequently loses the majority of it's population. Why? Because it ruins the game. TU Beta has about 300 players because no one wants to play it. Because it sucks. 343 please stop screwing up Halo. You're making it suck. Keep this topic alive.

--Bungie was sooooo much better. If you want to prove me wrong remove the title update. The sword is too overpowered w/out sword block. No bloom means noobs can beat pros every time. Hint: Hold the trigger down for a needle rifle. Instant ownage. Camo is awesome and does not need to be shorted. Only noobs use armor lock. 'nuff said. Bleed through? Really? So the sniper is now a one shot for the body? WHy would you ruin Halo 343? WHY?

Maybe they'll see this and realize how much of a screw up they are.

343 please stop. The title update sucks. No bloom? Seriously? Bleed throught damage? No sword block? WTF? Why? Why would you screw up the perfect game. Though I agree armor lock needs to be nerfed, everything else sucks. Why would 343 screw up a perfect game? Why would you do that? If any 343 staff is reading this, REMOVE THE TITLE UPDATE. Notice how every title updated gametype subsequently loses the majority of it's population. Why? Because it ruins the game. TU Beta has about 300 players because no one wants to play it. Because it sucks. 343 please stop screwing up Halo. You're making it suck. Keep this topic alive.

--Bungie was sooooo much better. If you want to prove me wrong remove the title update. The sword is too overpowered w/out sword block. No bloom means noobs can beat pros every time. Hint: Hold the trigger down for a needle rifle. Instant ownage. Camo is awesome and does not need to be shorted. Only noobs use armor lock. 'nuff said. Bleed through? Really? So the sniper is now a one shot for the body? WHy would you ruin Halo 343? WHY?

Maybe they'll see this and realize how much of a screw up they are.

Have you actually played the TU? Put two very skilled players together, one with a DMR and one with a Needle Rifle, and the DMR will win, because it does more damage and will break shields faster than a Needle Rifle. As far as the sword being overpowered without sword block, no other Halo had sword block, and the swords lunge capabilities is actually a bit less than previous titles. Also, this http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23085127&player=AAN2. And bleed through only changed melee, not weapon shots. The sniper rifle is very much the same as it was without the TU. Before the TU releases, if someone was 1/4 shields and got hit in the foot with a sniper bullet, it would kill them. It's the same now. If someone is full shield strength, it will take the shields all the way down and do minor health damage, just like before the TU. The only thing bleed through changed was melee not doing any other damage if you had just a fraction of shield. Now, if you've got a fraction of shield, a melee will do health damage as well. How is THAT a bad thing? How is it "better" if you get the drop on someone and put a few rounds in them almost dropping their shields and they can still get a double pummel on you if you hit them too? I don't know who you have been talking to, but you are sorely mistaken good sir. Bungie did almost nothing for Halo Reach. They released a few patches for gamebreaking glitches, and "fixed" the spawns on the maps they screwed up on.
  • Like 1

I fully agree. Making a weapon that is only capable of hitting at point-black range unblockable makes it disgustingly overpowered. If only there were some way of damaging opponents beyond melee distance, say some sort of 'projectile' weapon that could be used to hurt a sword user before they were in range!

On a serious note, lowering bloom isn't a problem. Spammers still get punished, just people who pace their shots are more likely to be rewarded. If you're referring to the Zero Bloom playlist, then spam is irrelevant, because everyone can do it - noobs will not beat pros because it's suddenly about who is the most accurate shooter, not who is the luckiest with where bullets land.

Also, playlist sizes don't mean a thing. Anniversary ones are smaller because less people have the maps than the regular game. The ones that were affected by the TU already had fairly small populations anyway - I remember playing Objective three weeks after Reach was released and seeing less than 300 players in it. Some playlists just aren't that popular, and considering how few people actually bought the Anniversary Map Pack, I think the populations are actually quite high.