The "Official" Save Halo 3 Thread.

adam

Multiple choice public poll.  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Should 343i. keep the Halo 3 game online?

• Yes, definitely!
    • Yes, it is the only "classic" example left online of Halo MM.
    • Yes, it has earned the money and the right to be left on.
    • I do not care either way.
    • No, let go of the past and embrace the future of Halo 4.

In many ways when Reach came out that was an end of an era. Before Reach Halo was without a doubt the dominate game on xbox. As the release of Reach grew closer Halo 3 declined and so did the community. Once Reach was released the community was divided and CoD became the dominate game on the 360.

Halo 3 was a great game, but that time is over and we can only hope that 343 can restore halo to what it once was

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

who cares, take it down. Halo 4 is out. It's kinda funny; while I say this, I am actually playing Social Slayer on Boundless right now...with a total population for 470 people. who need memories of this dated game. boo hoo, maybe they could use the freed up halo 3 servers for something else. like baking muffins.

Oh not to mention the servers are laggy anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i think halo three has a few more years of life, but i'd hat it if the game was shut down. they almost did that with halo 2 vista and soon they will shut down halo 1 pc servers. i don't have an xbox so i only play halo 1 online. please don't shut down halo 1 pc. halo three was the best so it should stay up forever. but i'm afraid that eventually it is going to have to be shut down. eventually we have to move on. halo 3 will probably be shut down eventually. same with halo 1 pc. and when they do... then assassins creed will become my game. once they are shut down i will probably quit halo and move on. i won't become a cod fan though cus i hate that game. lets play halo 3 as much as possible. MAYBE if everyone just plays halo three for a day or more (i doubt that will ever happen) then maybe halo three will be kept for more than 15 years and maybe halo reach and halo 4 might be shut down. I highly doubt that will EVER happen though.)

• 2 weeks later...

This was the first game I ever played online regularly. So many kills, so many matches, so many memories of badass **** the like of which simply cannot every be replicated. The ultimate LAN game, and my favorite multiplayer Halo experience. Just a beautiful, balanced game. Everything was on an even keel, and everyone could rise through the ranks, given they had the skill and dedication, because of the excellent matchmaking (levellers be damned).

• 3 months later...

We could have a Save Halo 3 events. Im starting. Contact me, or MissSelena592 to play and Charloet Winter will be posting it on yoitube. Ask her questions about the video, and contact me, add first, and tell me ur coming or not. Next week!

• 3 weeks later...

What about MVP? what about the odst mythic achivments? If microsoft takes down halo 3, they would nessisarally be taking down ODST too, and people won't be happy! Idea! EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THIS, GO ON TO MATCHMAKING AND BOYCOTT! IF WERE IN THE SYSTEM, THEY CAN'T SHUT IT DOWN! it's ludacris, but it just might work.

I highly doubt they're taking down Halo 3, at least until Halo 5 has been released.

However, I dont think there is a need to 'save' Halo 3. That game was a wonderful game, provided countless hours of entertainment, brought many amazing internet phenomenons and organizations to light and can definitely be regarded as a revolutionary game, but all things have an end, no matter how much we want it to stay.

Don't worry. Halo 3 hasn't reached its end yet. Its just......slowed down.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's kinda funny took look back on this now... Halo 3 may not have 100,000+ people online 100% of the time like it used to but its daily population is still greater than Halo 4's. And that's kinda sad for H4, actually.