assassinations in halo 4?

Simmons

Chief better not have a knife or I'm gonna be ticked. I hope they take Halo 3 to the next level. Not Reach. 3. No armor abilities, long assassinations, no-... Bulky, grungy, thick look to everything. Regular jump height, WALKING SPEED, etc. -and you can add detail to armor, but don't change it like how they put a nose on the Mark V.

• Like 2

I'm hoping for it. Assassinations bring a bit more of a challenge to the multiplayer experience. You've got to think to yourself "Can I actually get away with it on this guy?" There is no other feeling quite like when you pull off an assassination on someone who is standing right next to their teammates, and end up with a triple or overkill. :D

Also, for the record, I'm against AA's being in Halo 4, but wouldn't mind some armor customization for it's multiplayer.

I doubt this could be in the game, but what about assassinations just using your hands (neck snap for example) or maybe you could use whatever weapon you're holding. It would probably to compilicated, but imagine taking the magnum and shoot them in the head. Like how the Chief almost did to the Arbiter at the beginning of Halo 3 (pointed up from under the chin). I doubt that 343 will take time to do something like this, but it would still be awesome.

Assassinations need to come back. It drives players to play smart and try to flank opponents instead of stupidly running into gunfire. What needs to be done is give an option to turn off, for the people in this forum and for Pros. But most people like it, since it adds much needed flair to the game.

And you dont need a knife to kill people, MC can easily do actions that are just as cool without needing some 2 inch steel.

What should also happen is unlocking new assassinations, since reachs became stale after watching them over and over again.

• Like 1

To be honest do we really want ANY assassinations in H4? I dont really see the point to it, especially if you a competetive player like myself and dont bother wasting the time to even attempt it! Sometimes i remember i would try it back in the day and whilst doing so someone lil bugger would come along and kill me! Waste of time and space from what i think < My opinion :)

To be honest do we really want ANY assassinations in H4? I dont really see the point to it, especially if you a competetive player like myself and dont bother wasting the time to even attempt it! Sometimes i remember i would try it back in the day and whilst doing so someone lil bugger would come along and kill me! Waste of time and space from what i think < My opinion :)

I'm not a "competitive" player by any means. I'm more of a braggart/chill type of player. I love goofing off (until someone starts smack talking, then I go ape-yoink- on them) and one way of goofing off is killing people in humiliating ways. If I had a way to make a montage, it would probably be HOURS long of the many, many ways I've humiliated an entire team with just assassinations. Honestly, an assassination hurts someone's pride far more than a "celebratory crouch" would, ESPECIALLY if their teammates try to stop it and end up getting a betrayal, or getting killed themselves. Maybe they should put an option to up the time it takes to hold down the button so that you don't accidentally do one if you do not want to, but I think they should stay in the game. Also, who's to say that MC doesn't get a knife along the way? Just because he didn't have one BEFORE (which is odd since it's standard issue) doesn't mean he won't get one in Halo 4.

i like assissnations as sort of a humiliate the enemy thing,lol plus yes he can still assassinate by like snapping necks or like falcon punching the **** out of enemies ,another lol. plus knives can be concealed within the armor wich is pretty cool i like the look of the knife maybe there could be like a knife option in the armory or something with different types of knives or something but you dont necessarily need to assassinate and have a knife like in halo 3 cqb armor had a knife and buck from odst too he never assassinated anybody..except a brute chieftain in a cut scene

I'm hoping for it. Assassinations bring a bit more of a challenge to the multiplayer experience. You've got to think to yourself "Can I actually get away with it on this guy?" There is no other feeling quite like when you pull off an assassination on someone who is standing right next to their teammates, and end up with a triple or overkill. :D

Well I think I can speak for most people when I say I think of assassinations as a slight pause in my gameplay that constrains me from 'whoopin' some tail' faster. Whenever I assassinate someone I'm sitting there DIEING to move on with the game. The thing about assassinations is is that while being cool looking, #1 they don't stylistically fit in with any other Halo game. #2 Because there can't be an unlimited amount of different assassinations, they get old. Fast. #3 If a player gets put in a bad or vulnerable situation because of choosing to assassinate someone, there's no option to cancel it, leading to guaranteed death.

Also, with Master Chief being the only spartan in Halo 4, never before needing or having a knife, AND he is supposedly fighting forerunners, it would make 0% sense for there to be a knife anywhere near Chief.

• Like 1

well. you can still ninja people in Reach, besides just assainating them... and by ninja, i mean the classic back smack, "beat downs", ect, ect...

I often just ninja people anyway, it like saying to the other players "you're not even worth assainating". If you don't like assasinations, don't do them. I think they were one of the few great additions to Halo from Reach.

Well I think I can speak for most people when I say I think of assassinations as a slight pause in my gameplay that constrains me from 'whoopin' some tail' faster. Whenever I assassinate someone I'm sitting there DIEING to move on with the game. The thing about assassinations is is that while being cool looking, #1 they don't stylistically fit in with any other Halo game. #2 Because there can't be an unlimited amount of different assassinations, they get old. Fast. #3 If a player gets put in a bad or vulnerable situation because of choosing to assassinate someone, there's no option to cancel it, leading to guaranteed death.

Also, with Master Chief being the only spartan in Halo 4, never before needing or having a knife, AND he is supposedly fighting forerunners, it would make 0% sense for there to be a knife anywhere near Chief.

That's why I beat down. It's faster and helps you get on with escaping other enemies, and preventing showstoppers from enemies.

As you said yes, there is no reason for a knife with the chief.

I don't see assassinations working in Halo 4. As you stated, Chief doesn't carry a knife. Now he could possibly find one when he lands so the possibitlity is there, I just don't see Chief as a "knife guy". This is just my opinion. :thumbsup:

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.... unless you are in the star wars era...

Please no assassinations in Halo 4.

I prefer the Halo 3 assassinations... plain and simple.

I hope 343 S**** on you guys who do nothing but complain about reach and take it to another level. you say, "I want the classic Halo back" or "no more cool additions to the games". Why cant you understand that Halo will die if we all go back to playing a Halo 2/3 type game!? reach was a DRASTIC improvement; it added cool new elements that revolutionized the game play all kinds of other cool stuff. The second comment in this thread said that reach made everything look bulky and grungy. WTF WTF WTF is wrong with you. Reach had realistic graphics, it basically took Xbox 360 graphics to the peak of what they can be!

Assassinations were my favorite addition to the game, they add a whole new layer of tactics to multi player and even to campaign on harder difficulty. Why dont all you A**H**** go play Halo three and stop complaining about reach and how Halo 4 should be Halo 3 with a different campaign. You're P***ing me off so bad im about to leave this whole damn forum!

I hope 343 S**** on you guys who do nothing but complain about reach and take it to another level. you say, "I want the classic Halo back" or "no more cool additions to the games". Why cant you understand that Halo will die if we all go back to playing a Halo 2/3 type game!? reach was a DRASTIC improvement; it added cool new elements that revolutionized the game play all kinds of other cool stuff. The second comment in this thread said that reach made everything look bulky and grungy. WTF WTF WTF is wrong with you. Reach had realistic graphics, it basically took Xbox 360 graphics to the peak of what they can be!

Assassinations were my favorite addition to the game, they add a whole new layer of tactics to multi player and even to campaign on harder difficulty. Why dont all you A**H**** go play Halo three and stop complaining about reach and how Halo 4 should be Halo 3 with a different campaign. You're P***ing me off so bad im about to leave this whole damn forum!

WTF? How the hell will halo die if it keeps its classic feel. The answer is, it will never die. Reach was a setback and 343 needs to create new ideas to keep the game fresh. For me, new maps, weapons and gametypes are fine. I could care less about cheesy aa's and loadouts. That's why no one plays reach anymore and it averages 70,000 people. Seriously it's a sad excuse for a halo game. The classic playlist looks sick and I might buy halo ce just to play the classic again.

You might end up getting banned for your language and tone before you CAN leave.

• Like 1

Insane Bear, you thoughts on the matter are extremely one sided. By your own posting, I can only assume you feel that gearing Halo towards the competeative side, is the only way to keep it alive? Halo was and never is in fear of dying. the halo experience is what each and every gamer takes away from it. The true feel, or game itslef cannot be dictated, designed or directed towards anyone, about what the experience should be or well the game is made. Everything in that sole aspect of the genre is completely opinion and everyones singular choice and view.

Gamer averages are not a good method for dictating how well a game is made or enjoyed. there are many different genres and titles that have come out around and now after Reach. it is natural for populations to rise and fall during the coarse of a games life. no game ever keeps a steady population until the day it is removed from service. Your attitude, once again is very limited and one sided towards the gamers who make it their lives, to play competative. Do you really think the sales from only competative gamers would really be enough to warrant and supply resources for another Halo game by itself?

The reason you dislike assassinations and AA's and loadouts, is becuase tyou are strickly a competative gamer who does not take the time to enjoy any bit of off the wall fun or casual experience in gaming. From my point of view, that is a big loss for you my friend. there are many good times to be had in Reach, besides trying to run around proving you are the king of the "Thumbs".

• Like 1