•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Shoutbox

@  Hexter Grief : (25 October 2014 - 02:40 PM) Hallo Jack
@  JackTheRipper : (25 October 2014 - 02:39 PM) Hallo.
@  Hellpen9 : (25 October 2014 - 02:39 PM) @TheSpookyCenturion what do you mean by that?
@  TheSpookyCen... : (25 October 2014 - 02:38 PM) @Hellpen9 Sorry. Tried keeping things interesting.
@  Hellpen9 : (25 October 2014 - 02:37 PM) @TheSpookyCenturion i wish you made a bomber role in neutral town. im saddened.
@  TheSpookyCen... : (25 October 2014 - 02:37 PM) @Hellpen9 Let me talk it over with Buns first.
@  TheSpookyCen... : (25 October 2014 - 02:36 PM) @Hellpen9 Sure
@  TheSpookyCen... : (25 October 2014 - 02:36 PM) @Hellpen9 It was done once before. ;)
@  Hexter Grief : (25 October 2014 - 02:36 PM) @Hellpen9 Wasn't around for that
@  Hellpen9 : (25 October 2014 - 02:35 PM) @Hexter Grief We had one before.
@  Hellpen9 : (25 October 2014 - 02:35 PM) @TheSpookyCenturion I gave a suggestion in the thread.
@  Hexter Grief : (25 October 2014 - 02:34 PM) A Sniper in Mafia? Quite interesting
@  TheHeadlessA... : (25 October 2014 - 02:33 PM) guess not tho xP
@  TheHeadlessA... : (25 October 2014 - 02:33 PM) `@TheSpookyCenturion o yeah cause i was thinking it probably was already posted
@  TheSpookyCen... : (25 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) @TheHeadlessAddict I am, however I have also been very busy as well. Normally the group we have configures the list.
@  TheHeadlessA... : (25 October 2014 - 02:31 PM) @TheSpookyCenturion arent you involved in it too?
@  TheHeadlessA... : (25 October 2014 - 02:30 PM) @TheSpookyCenturion ah ok
@  TheSpookyCen... : (25 October 2014 - 02:30 PM) @TheHeadlessAddict Hmm, I am not sure. I'll see if I can contact Zag. I know he was pretty busy with a move from what I understand.
@  TheHeadlessA... : (25 October 2014 - 02:28 PM) @TheSpookyCenturion any idea when the new top 15 will be posted?
@  TheSpookyCen... : (25 October 2014 - 02:17 PM) Mafia 7.0 Sign ups are open! http://343i.org/2gy

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

assassinations in halo 4?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Simmons

Simmons

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 190 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:stealthytaco201
  • LocationReach

Achievements

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

where could assassinations fit? i mean master chief doesnt have a knife but his new armor might....
Posted Image
On three. It's always faster to go on three.

#2 RANMAN10

RANMAN10

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 523 posts
Favorable
  • Gamertag:RANMAN10
  • LocationTennessee

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

Chief better not have a knife or I'm gonna be ticked. I hope they take Halo 3 to the next level. Not Reach. 3. No armor abilities, long assassinations, no-... Bulky, grungy, thick look to everything. Regular jump height, WALKING SPEED, etc. -and you can add detail to armor, but don't change it like how they put a nose on the Mark V.

Posted Image Posted Image

A man is no fool who gives up what he can't keep to gain what he can never lose.

not a fan.

- Xbox Live Gamertag: RANMAN10

#3 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Community Moderators
  • 4,294 posts
Legend
  • LocationNampa, ID

Achievements

User's Awards

2    5                                                          2                                                

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

I'm hoping for it. Assassinations bring a bit more of a challenge to the multiplayer experience. You've got to think to yourself "Can I actually get away with it on this guy?" There is no other feeling quite like when you pull off an assassination on someone who is standing right next to their teammates, and end up with a triple or overkill. :D

Also, for the record, I'm against AA's being in Halo 4, but wouldn't mind some armor customization for it's multiplayer.

director-1.jpg

Don't forget to like people's posts.

#4 xoKILLTROCITYox

xoKILLTROCITYox

Sergeant Johnson

• Trusted Members
  • 345 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:xoKILLTROCITYox
  • LocationGreeley, Colorado

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:41 AM

No assassinations please :(

If my face looked like a squid I'd be angry too.    :laser:

#5 Choot 'em

Choot 'em

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,690 posts
Legend

Achievements

User's Awards

3       2                                                

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

I don't see assassinations working in Halo 4. As you stated, Chief doesn't carry a knife. Now he could possibly find one when he lands so the possibitlity is there, I just don't see Chief as a "knife guy". This is just my opinion. :thumbsup:

#6 MasterxChiefx13

MasterxChiefx13

Brute

• Members
  • 55 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:MasterxChiefx13

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

I doubt this could be in the game, but what about assassinations just using your hands (neck snap for example) or maybe you could use whatever weapon you're holding. It would probably to compilicated, but imagine taking the magnum and shoot them in the head. Like how the Chief almost did to the Arbiter at the beginning of Halo 3 (pointed up from under the chin). I doubt that 343 will take time to do something like this, but it would still be awesome.
Posted Image

Love, Chief

#7 SixWaysToSunday

SixWaysToSunday

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 270 posts
Trustworthy
  • Gamertag:SixWaysToSunday
  • LocationSilver Spring, MD USA

Achievements

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Assassinations need to come back. It drives players to play smart and try to flank opponents instead of stupidly running into gunfire. What needs to be done is give an option to turn off, for the people in this forum and for Pros. But most people like it, since it adds much needed flair to the game.
And you dont need a knife to kill people, MC can easily do actions that are just as cool without needing some 2 inch steel.
What should also happen is unlocking new assassinations, since reachs became stale after watching them over and over again.
Halo's strength is simplicity. Its all about your accuracy, strafe, and map movement.
CoD's power is in the lone wolf and how he can dominant the lobby.
Battlefield is all about teamwork, with a hearty mix of vehicles thrown in.

If each title can keep true to its base ideas, it will stay great.

#8 L4B

L4B

Elite Honor Guard

• Members
  • 96 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:lL 4 lB
  • LocationLondon UK

Achievements

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

To be honest do we really want ANY assassinations in H4? I dont really see the point to it, especially if you a competetive player like myself and dont bother wasting the time to even attempt it! Sometimes i remember i would try it back in the day and whilst doing so someone lil bugger would come along and kill me! Waste of time and space from what i think < My opinion :)

''Quality over Quantity''

Web Development is what I do...

Competitive Player

GOW3

H2 & H3

CS - waiting for CS: GO
Halo Reach < ZB play lists Only
Posted Image

#9 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Community Moderators
  • 4,294 posts
Legend
  • LocationNampa, ID

Achievements

User's Awards

2    5                                                          2                                                

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

To be honest do we really want ANY assassinations in H4? I dont really see the point to it, especially if you a competetive player like myself and dont bother wasting the time to even attempt it! Sometimes i remember i would try it back in the day and whilst doing so someone lil bugger would come along and kill me! Waste of time and space from what i think < My opinion :)

I'm not a "competitive" player by any means. I'm more of a braggart/chill type of player. I love goofing off (until someone starts smack talking, then I go ape-yoink- on them) and one way of goofing off is killing people in humiliating ways. If I had a way to make a montage, it would probably be HOURS long of the many, many ways I've humiliated an entire team with just assassinations. Honestly, an assassination hurts someone's pride far more than a "celebratory crouch" would, ESPECIALLY if their teammates try to stop it and end up getting a betrayal, or getting killed themselves. Maybe they should put an option to up the time it takes to hold down the button so that you don't accidentally do one if you do not want to, but I think they should stay in the game. Also, who's to say that MC doesn't get a knife along the way? Just because he didn't have one BEFORE (which is odd since it's standard issue) doesn't mean he won't get one in Halo 4.

director-1.jpg

Don't forget to like people's posts.

#10 Simmons

Simmons

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 190 posts
Likable
  • LocationReach

Achievements

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

i like assissnations as sort of a humiliate the enemy thing,lol plus yes he can still assassinate by like snapping necks or like falcon punching the **** out of enemies ,another lol. plus knives can be concealed within the armor wich is pretty cool i like the look of the knife maybe there could be like a knife option in the armory or something with different types of knives or something but you dont necessarily need to assassinate and have a knife like in halo 3 cqb armor had a knife and buck from odst too he never assassinated anybody..except a brute chieftain in a cut scene
Posted Image

#11 RANMAN10

RANMAN10

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 523 posts
Favorable
  • Gamertag:RANMAN10
  • LocationTennessee

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

I'm hoping for it. Assassinations bring a bit more of a challenge to the multiplayer experience. You've got to think to yourself "Can I actually get away with it on this guy?" There is no other feeling quite like when you pull off an assassination on someone who is standing right next to their teammates, and end up with a triple or overkill. :D

Well I think I can speak for most people when I say I think of assassinations as a slight pause in my gameplay that constrains me from 'whoopin' some tail' faster. Whenever I assassinate someone I'm sitting there DIEING to move on with the game. The thing about assassinations is is that while being cool looking, #1 they don't stylistically fit in with any other Halo game. #2 Because there can't be an unlimited amount of different assassinations, they get old. Fast. #3 If a player gets put in a bad or vulnerable situation because of choosing to assassinate someone, there's no option to cancel it, leading to guaranteed death.

Also, with Master Chief being the only spartan in Halo 4, never before needing or having a knife, AND he is supposedly fighting forerunners, it would make 0% sense for there to be a knife anywhere near Chief.

Posted Image Posted Image

A man is no fool who gives up what he can't keep to gain what he can never lose.

not a fan.

- Xbox Live Gamertag: RANMAN10

#12 TheL337destroyer

TheL337destroyer

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 143 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:TFB L337Destryr
  • LocationFlorida

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

I think there should be some assassinations in Halo 4. I mean.. they were even supposed to be in Halo 3 but didnt make it...

TheL337destroyer

Posted Image

Wake me.. When you need me.

#13 firedune22

firedune22

Brute

• Members
  • 47 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:firedune22
  • LocationNY

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

well. you can still ninja people in Reach, besides just assainating them... and by ninja, i mean the classic back smack, "beat downs", ect, ect...
I often just ninja people anyway, it like saying to the other players "you're not even worth assainating". If you don't like assasinations, don't do them. I think they were one of the few great additions to Halo from Reach.
My Portfolio

-Confined -A map inpired by Halo 3's Isolation. *2-6 players
Gated --Another semi-asthetic semi-competitive map. Sort of like a mini Avalanche. *2-8 players
Sandbar
-Battle around a battered island sandbar for evelasting victory *12-16 players
// // // // // //-LINKS BELOW DO NOT WORK- WORKS IN PROGRESS-\\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\
-CSS Cleansing wind
- A covenant- themed semi-asthetic map. Inspired by the Halo CE level "Truth and Reconcilliation". *2-8 players

-Greco
-Just started today (1/2/2012). Sort of like a mini Sword Base between Alaska & Montana *2-8 players (TBD)

#14 Simmons

Simmons

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 190 posts
Likable
  • LocationReach

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

i enjoy assassainations
Posted Image

#15 FIREN4

FIREN4

The Unforgiven

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,562 posts
Favorable
  • Gamertag:FIREN4
  • LocationYour closet

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Well I think I can speak for most people when I say I think of assassinations as a slight pause in my gameplay that constrains me from 'whoopin' some tail' faster. Whenever I assassinate someone I'm sitting there DIEING to move on with the game. The thing about assassinations is is that while being cool looking, #1 they don't stylistically fit in with any other Halo game. #2 Because there can't be an unlimited amount of different assassinations, they get old. Fast. #3 If a player gets put in a bad or vulnerable situation because of choosing to assassinate someone, there's no option to cancel it, leading to guaranteed death.

Also, with Master Chief being the only spartan in Halo 4, never before needing or having a knife, AND he is supposedly fighting forerunners, it would make 0% sense for there to be a knife anywhere near Chief.

That's why I beat down. It's faster and helps you get on with escaping other enemies, and preventing showstoppers from enemies.
As you said yes, there is no reason for a knife with the chief.

#16 MasterxChiefx13

MasterxChiefx13

Brute

• Members
  • 55 posts
Likable
  • Gamertag:MasterxChiefx13

Achievements

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm not very fond of assassinations, especially when I go for a beat down and accidentally trigger the assassination. It's killed me many times.
Posted Image

Love, Chief

#17 CandiBunni

CandiBunni

343 Guilty Spark

• Banned
  • 1,089 posts
Admired

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

I don't see anything wrong with them, and I'd gladly welcome them in Halo 4. They're a neat little feature, and I enjoy pulling them off. I do NOT think that you should be allowed to cancel them, however. If you want to assassinate someone, you should be aware of your surroundings beforehand.

#18 SixWaysToSunday

SixWaysToSunday

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 270 posts
Trustworthy
  • Gamertag:SixWaysToSunday
  • LocationSilver Spring, MD USA

Achievements

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Again, it could be an option in the controller menu >>> turn on/off ground assassinations, turn on/off air assassinations. That makes everyone happy.
Halo's strength is simplicity. Its all about your accuracy, strafe, and map movement.
CoD's power is in the lone wolf and how he can dominant the lobby.
Battlefield is all about teamwork, with a hearty mix of vehicles thrown in.

If each title can keep true to its base ideas, it will stay great.

#19 TheSpookyCenturion

TheSpookyCenturion

TheWarrior

• Community Moderators
  • 3,226 posts
Legend
  • Gamertag:Total Mayh3m

Achievements

User's Awards

9       3    2    2          2                                                                     

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

I don't see assassinations working in Halo 4. As you stated, Chief doesn't carry a knife. Now he could possibly find one when he lands so the possibitlity is there, I just don't see Chief as a "knife guy". This is just my opinion. :thumbsup:

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.... unless you are in the star wars era...

Please no assassinations in Halo 4.
I prefer the Halo 3 assassinations... plain and simple.

Check mate.

"Android>Windows>A brick with some crayon markings on it>iOS"

-RedStarRocket91

"You're a horrible person John. That's why we get along."

-The Director

#20 FIREN4

FIREN4

The Unforgiven

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,562 posts
Favorable
  • Gamertag:FIREN4
  • LocationYour closet

Achievements

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ya'know the spartans have knives. Why not stab instead of kill when silent? If they put assassinations they should IMO allow you to use it regardless. Or would that be copyrighting CoD's Knifing style?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users