Sgt Johnson

I havent played the original halo in awhile so i may be wrong, but it seems Sgt. Johnson shows up a lot more in anniversary. Like nearly every level where marines are featured, he seems to be there. And once I even encountered him twice in one mission. Its somewhat humorous because you'll be staring at his body and all the sudden the second one will yell "shotgun" and jump in the hog'. So just wanted to ask you people that remember, was he that common in the original?

Yah, and it's funny (I would know this cuz I play it so much), no matter how many times you team kill him in any level, he shows up the next time. Eh, that's how they programmed it. It's not even that funny, I just felt it was particularly humorous. He's the invincible Seargent Johnson. He's better than the freaking Spartans!! Ok, not really. When they die, all thy hear is *beep* *beep* *beep* *BOOP* and they respawn, so...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Come to think of it. Sgt. Johnson isn't a main character in Combat Evolved. He's more of a side character that appears a lot. Like you can kill him in One mission and see him in the next. When you kill him its like killing a normal marine, nothing happens (Unless you kill a lot of them then they get angry and kill you).

I don't mean to argue but being the fifth most involved character, his position is kind of vague. He and Foehammer are kind of on the same level, Foehammer you never see but she appears in multiple missions, Johnson plays no direct role to you but is in two cinematics (if you don't count the factual canon of the Legendary ending) and plays alongside you in almost every mission. I don't know what I'd classify them as, whereas Cortana, Keyes, the Monitor, and MC all know and interact with each other, Foehammer and Johnson seem like they're in the immediate background yet I feel like Johnson is more sort of in between that line.

You fight with him (on Legendary at least) during Pillar of Autumn, Halo, Truth and Reconciliation, and many others (ihaven't played through CEA on legendary all the way yet but when i do i'll list what levels you lay with him on). And now that i think of it he actually sits next to you on the Pelican ride during the opening of Truth and Reconciliation too.