ODST  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy Halo 3: ODST

• Yeah! I loved it
    • Eh, I liked it.
    • NO MASTER CHIEF? WTF?
    • Hated it.
    • Didn't care. I g0tz R3C0NZ FRM 1T.
  2. 2. Would you like to have another game that put you in the boots of an ODST?

• Hell Yeah!
    • Sure.
    • Not really.
    • NO!

Who would want to see another Halo game that centered around the ODSTs? I sure would. I loved being in the boots of an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, entering my drop pod, and going on my mission. I was thinking about having another ODST game, but not only with Firefight, but stuff a full Halo game would have, like machmaking with slayer and stuff, custom games, forge, and theater mode. And, based off of TheL337destroyer's idea for a gametype for Halo 4, all of the games would start you off in a drop pod (with the exception of forge) and you would go on like a normal slayer game after that. I think it'd be cool. What do you guys think?

• Like 4

I personally like the ODST campaign. I created a thread not too long ago about replaying the game. I had seen a video that took me back to the memories of the game. i originally played ODST when I was without internet and that allowed me to really focus on the campaign and firefights. The one thing I can say for myself, I think that ODST should be left alone for now. The story was completed for me. We are now preparing to continue with the Chief's exploits as he enters a shield world. If 343i, has some type of story in the future of the series that allows you to play as the Chief and another type of soldier that is part of the campaign, I would get behind it. As much as I like playing as John 117, I could see the possible split story lines, as in ODST and Halo 3, that would allow you to play as another character.

ODST was my most faveorite campaign. I would love to see Buck and his squad again. Mabey even be only buck as the main charector, or a new odst, or rookie. But i want to see something sad happen, like a death of a squad member in this one. And the starting off in drop pod thing is brilliant! But more customizable stuff for your odst. 343 needs to make halo: ODST 2. If not, hell, ill make it myself, whos with me! :)

• Like 1

I would like to see another one, but with perhaps more of a linear storyline. There are still achievements I haven't been able to get because I accidentally did the missions out of order, and will have to delete my save file to do them correctly :/ Still, I would like to play as an ODST again eventually. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see another one, but with perhaps more of a linear storyline. There are still achievements I haven't been able to get because I accidentally did the missions out of order, and will have to delete my save file to do them correctly :/ Still, I would like to play as an ODST again eventually. :D

wut do u mean out of order?

I really, really liked ODST. The AI could have done with a few tweaks, so that every enemy didn't immediately know exactly where you were and where you were going as soon as you fired a 'silenced' weapon, but the campaign was quite possibly my favourite one of all and I liked the way it tried to do something different from regular Halo gameplay. Also, unlike Reach, it had characters who I actually cared about and found interesting.

I don't know whether I want to see a new one, though. It's been done once now and repeating it just wouldn't have the same unique appeal - that said, exploring the Halo universe from different perspectives is always going to be at least interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

If you asked me if I liked ODST, I have to vote against the the unusual ending of the game.. All in all it had a ton of potiential, but the best thing about it was that you were dropped into a city, yea i know, yet another game with different graphics... Blah blah blah!

I do certainly see a potiential to navagate different in a city than most other places, being that some roots could require a key card or access code! Even without key codes and that, just the option to take different pathways and overcome different obstacles along the way to a mission is one of the greatest aspects you could give a game!

I have a story draft line to a new game similar to ODST, and I'm going to be ideally making, accessorys for flood armor and such for it!

If you would like to read the story line draft please search this tag: SyoGhost

Hope I'm not ruining your parade, just looking to see if any one has any input on my storyline idea!

Thanks,