Should Floodfight and The "ODST" Playlist be in Halo 4? Vote Here

TheL337destroyer

New Game Modes  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should "Flood Fight" become a Game Mode?

• Yes. I want to kill some Flood.
    • No, I'm too scared!
  2. 2. Should "ODST" become a new Playlist?

• Yes, it would be a whole new experience!
    • No, I hated being an ODST..

Update: I mailed these ideas to 343 Industries themselves!

FloodFight:

I think there should be a new version of FireFight called Flood Fight. Where you square off in survival against waves of Flood. A re-imagination of Firefight, or kind of like Halo: CEA'S Mission: The Library.

It could also maybe become a New Infection Gametype, where players square off 8v8. One team are players who spawn as Flood Forms who try to Infect you. While the other team are players who spawn as Spartans trying to Survive until the Round is Over.

6104439272_bf3f544c4b.jpg

A good idea in the comments was:

It would be cool if you could fight flood and covenant at the same time. For example, you'd be fighting a wave of covenant, then some infection forms show up and turn some of the covenant into flood forms

ODST Playlist:

An idea of mine, is to make a new Playlist called "ODST". Where it is basically the same as regular matchmaking, but everyone are ODST's. The health system would be based off the game Halo: 3 ODST. And maybe when the Game starts, You and your team spawn in Drop-Pods. I think that would be pretty epic.

odst-firefight-3-091509.jpg

Here are some Game-Types I came up with:

ODST Team Slayer - 4v4 Slayer

ODST Rumble Pit - Free for All

ODST CTF - 4v4 Capture the Flag

ODST FireFight - Classic Firefight

ODST Swat - 4v4 Team Swat with the Killer ODST Magnum

It seems like it would create and attract a New Halo Fan-Base. And suit some of the Halo Universe who love the playing style of Halo 3: ODST, more than regular Halo. It would create a whole new community, and you could play something a little different if you ever got bored of playing as a spartan in Multi-Player.

All 343i would have to do is make a custom gametype for the Game Mode. As for having your guy look like an actual ODST.. It would be fairly simple. Just make a 3rd species preference. Its just like how you can choose between playing as a spartan or an Elite, except that you can only use it in the ODST Playlist.

• Like 3

Firefight doesn't really bother me, so i won't comment on the floodfight.

i like the idea of ODST's being used to bring back a classic game in a certain playlist, very clever and original idea.

Same here, but I think Floodfight would be a great replacement for Infection.. Like it would be so much more realistic.

And thanks, ODST Playlist seems like it would be kinda fun. Cause I sometimes get bored of playing as spartan all day in regular matchmaking.

I think you should make odsts have a call of duty like gameplay to get more halo fans and pwn the cod fanboys.

Lol, have you played Halon 3: ODST? It is like Call of Duty, but better. Its realistic gameplay, that DOESN'T piss me off.

Thats why you either can vote yes or no, its your choice whether you like them and want to see them

"Yes" and "No" are for those who either do or do not want those to be in the game. "Indifferent" or something along those lines would be for those who don't care either way. It's not a big deal, so I'm not really going to press it further.

The Floodfight idea, I think is a good idea.

ODSTs on the other hand though... Well, just being an ODST is kind of boring. I could just make myself look like one, change custom game settings and make a fake drop pod but I'm not really fond of the idea.

I know it was. But for multiplayer, actually being able to play and kill other ODST's. It seems it would feel different in a fun way, with the new take on matchmaking and everything. And trust me, changing your appearance as well as the game settings, just doesn't feel the same as being an actual ODST.

Yes and hell yes. Fighting off waves of flood could be pretty cool. Maybe, because I never really was a fan of the flood. Could change my thoughts on the flood. As for the ODST gametype, OH YES! I loved the experience of being put in the boots of an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper in Halo 3: ODST. The campaign was probably my favorite out of all the Halos. Firefight was a really cool edition, and if it didn't happen, we probably wouldn't have Firefight today. So I'd love to be put back in ODST armor and prepare to drop once again in Halo 4.

• Like 1

I love firefight already, i think if the added floodfight i would jizz on my xbox. i remeber CE from when i was little and me nd my cuz would put library on legendary and we knew the whole level like the back of our hands. Nd ODST would be epic!!117!!1

• Like 1

It would be cool if you could fight flood and covenant at the same time. For example, you'd be fighting a wave of covenant, then some infection forms show up and turn some of the covenant into flood forms

Kind of like how the lambent would show up in Gears 3 horde and make it a 3 way fight

• Like 1

Kind of like how the lambent would show up in Gears 3 horde and make it a 3 way fight

I really do like that idea of yours.