The "Official" What do you want in the Halo 4 Ranking system.

Herodanny

Ranking system  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which ranking system is your favorite?

2. 2. Credits

• Like them, they should effect your rank (like in reach)
    • Shouldn't effect rank but should allow customization (like in armor)
    • hate them

SO You're suggesting that somebody who just got to level 30 (with a new account) deserves to get to a 31 FASTER than somebody who has been playing halo for a year and has more EXP and was level 30. ALSO It is realistic to have over 3000+ EXP (I am a great example)

Have you ever played halo 2? Every single person over level 30 was AMAZING at the game.

Halo 3? Well just about everyone under level 45 sucked.

Obviously there is a problem with the ranking system

I'm not talking about total EXP, i'm talking about EXP in a playlist. It is unrealistic to have 3000 exp in a playlist while still level 30... I have yet to see that and i've played thousands of games... Total exp wise, yeah that's definitely realistic... I have 3.1k exp total on my main account

Total exp is nearly irrelevant to how fast you level up in a playlist, what is relevant is how many loses you have in a certain playlist.

...anyway a person who creates a new account does deserve to level up faster, but their ranks will be unstable and will go up and down every game as opposed to someone who has a lot of EXP whose rank will be stable. Also the community will look down on new accounts with low exp in a playlist.

The community does respect high EXP and high rank, so the more EXP you have in a playlist the more your rank is respected. And if you have a lot of EXP at a low level (level 30 for example) then thats ur fault for loosing so many games. You should have to slowly grind your way up, because that is where your skill level is... (you aren't going to magically get 2x better at Halo) And not everyone has the skill to hit 50, they have to develop the skill if they don't have it already)

Now you're probably thinking a person with a skill level of 50 in a playlist could be stuck at level 30. From my experience on my booster I made, I deranked all the way from level 50 to level 6. Then turboed all the way to a general in EXP in snipers. (Estimating 1500 loses AT LEVEL 6)

Boosted friends for free and slowly went from level 6 to level 50 nearly a week later.

Incase you want to check my log because you don't believe me:

Gamertag is FTB Inferno

http://www.bungie.ne...r=FtB%20Inferno

(Page 79 is where I started turboing, Page 19 you'll see me at level 50 in Team Snipers, recent pages like Page 1 you'll see I deranked yet again)

I did get banned forever from Halo 3 from all that turboing, however the ban may have been lifted since I haven't played in a year. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Just goes to show. if I could rank up with that all the crybabies who constantly say "I won 14 games in a row and still didn't rank up" just need to keep playing and win consistently and they will rank up. If you have to keep track of how many games you win in a row and complain about it then you shouldn't even be playing, because it's to stressful and difficult for you.

Still a great system. That's why it is named TrueSkill, it shows your True Skill. And obviously not everyones True Skill is level 50.

Mawell, your an idiot. Nuff said. All the competative Rank systems that were deployed in all titles failed miserably. I can point out at least 7 to 8 flaws in either the calcuations, agorithyms or data handling that prove this. Besides arguing that the game needs a "true skill" rank system, why don't you all start by realizing what it is you truly want. all you want at a basic core, is to go around and show people how much time and pointless hours of gameplay you put into a game, just to show off a high level number that has no real world value or concept. And lets put this baby to rest why we are at it...the Halo 3 rank System was the worst of the bunch! Care to prove me wrong...go decompile, reverse, rebuild and test the API and netcode in a controlled environment and tell me how well it turns out.

You don't need a "true skill" system to show who is the better player ina game. All one has to do is find the people who play the most, and stack up the k/d, score, assist etc stats and whoever has the best ratio is clearly the best overall player. You don't need a silly number to prove it. Achieving a high skill number cna be done by anyone with a certain amount of time put in. So how does that sound at all like a "True Skill" measure? What's next....they need to put a date stamp on the moment you reach it so you can brag you were the first, and everyone that follows is 2nd, 3rd, best etc....

Furthermore, the Reach stat system that was put in place, is by far the most comprehensive means of measuring up a player against another. The commendations they put out for you, can show you more about a players style and past gaming than any of the other ones. Instead of matchmaking like halo 3, where you got paired with people of like level numbers...which mean nothing because it doesn't factor in time spent or k/d.....in Reach when you get paired up, the system looks at population k/d and commendation levels, along with deaths, assists etc... and actually pairs you up better against players who's surface skill level closely matches your own based off of said prior stats.

• Like 1

@Twin

You can point out 7-8 flaws in the system? I really doubt the API/source is available to you. If it is, then i'd love to see it. I'm no programming major, but i've taken a few courses.

I barely played Reach at all so I can't really attack it as much as I would like but I failed to adapt to the CoDish style with the non-Halo feel to it. And the system wasn't even like Call of Duty. It was a failed version of it... (I have a 10th prestige CoD4, and 15th Prestige Black Ops to speak from experience, not boasting). It definitely failed to get my hooked. Commendation points for gear? Who the hell cares about gear. Didn't motivate me to play literally at all. Also the ranks were extremely slow to rank up. I still pulled 25 kills a game but it wasn't as satisfying as in Halo 3 where you see your number go up (No psychology major here, but definitely something that gets people hooked to this game)

"Achieving a high skill number cna be done by anyone with a certain amount of time put in. So how does that sound at all like a "True Skill" measure? What's next....they need to put a date stamp on the moment you reach it so you can brag you were the first, and everyone that follows is 2nd, 3rd, best etc...."

I definitely agree with the first part here. Anyone can achieve a high skill number with a certain amount of time put in, BUT they also have to put in effort to win and improve (unlike EXP-based Halo Reach). This is a true skill measure because rank/exp combination is directly correlated to skill level in Halo 3, of course there are exceptions (new accounts, boosted, or extreme skilled players at 50).

But in Halo: Reach as long as the time is put it that player will rank up (regardless of skill, how much your striving to improve, etc). Doesn't show their true skill at all, they could have earned all the commendation points in firefight or campaign or whatever.

There is also other aspects why Halo: Reach fails, or actually non-competitive multiplayer in general. The players don't care to win as much (because their rank is not penalized when they loose) so more players are in party chat or not even using their mic. In Halo 3, players cared so much about winning they were calling out every chance they had, players trash talking up a storm and challenging each other to 1v1's after a close match (good ol' competition for you). None of this, or at least not nearly as much happens in Halo: Reach because players don't care to win.

Of course i'm speaking as a competitive player so I don't have the same mindset as the casual gamer who likes to run campaign with their real life friends every Tuesday. (There probably is more casual gamers that play Halo so they will be put first, $$$$$$$$$$$).

Btw, yes, the main reason I and many more players play Halo is too improve our "Silly numbers" as ridicules as that sounds, it's reality.

• Like 1

You really do fail to realize how the commendation level and statistic data or your kill/death ratio plays in matchmaking player lobbies. Commendations are not used as a whole. The system does not take into account an overview of commendation complettion. What the system does is, depending on the selection of mapos and gametypes, selects appropriate individual commendations, and compares theirs with yours to give you a good matchup. It also factors in directly, your kill/death ratio. This is a very close basis for getting you a good opponent or evenly skilled team. Now yes with every matchmaking system their are flaws, but this is by far the best system they have employed by far.

You don't need source code to figure this stuff out. All it takes is the patience and ability to write map handlers, and interupt and capture packet data that is trasmitted during gameplay. Of coarse the real work comes in, when you have to decompress and interpret the captured data. But for those of us who have been modding and programming apps for handling Halo assets since it's inception, it is quite common and not at all as difficult as it may seem. Kornman is a great example of this.

Halo 3, I hate to say it, did not show a player his or her "True Skill". Halo 3 also used an exp based system, this system just wasn't tied into the actual level as deeply as it is in Reach. Also keep in mind, that in halo 3, you did not get extra EXP for playstyles, certain kill types, etc. As far as the competetive side goes, you can keep your trash talking crap at home. Now, I don't play for straight competetive games, I play for fun. I don't find it fun having 12 to 20 year old boys calling out a mid-aged guy and ragging on his mom. That's just immature and shows a low understanding of social and competetive graces. There's nothing wrong with saying people suck or taunting oponents, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. And to be quite honest, I will never undertsand bragging about how well you can use your thumbs to win at games.

I do take issue with your comparison to CoD as far as gameplay feel goes. The feel of the Reach gameplay has not changed at all. The CoD feel you describe, is your inability to accept or adapt to AA's, in particular sprint, and the fact that you have no "BR" style weapon to pickup. Hence the addition to "Zero bloom" playlists they gave us with the TU. The physics handling may be an updated Havok version, but is not at all different from previous Halo titles. The core values used in the tagset are nearly identical to previously Halo 3 and Halo 2 ones.

And no casual gamers are not put first. You really do need to read up on how a developer gauges their total range of acceptable compromises when it comes to developing a full title and pleasing a general audience. I do understand that their are extreme gamers out their and yes by all means I think they should be compensated as well as every other group. but the plain fact is, that their has to be a conditional development time frame. if 343i were to go and try to completely compensate everyone, it would increase the development time 4 fold, and noone in the end would win. Every single "genre" of player at that point besides the "extreme" would complain about how long it's taking to release a game. The only feasable way to accomodate this problem would be to release a series of updates or patches that address slowly, the issues that could not be hammered out in pre-production. but this of coarse alone would require time and resources not available in the general scope of the team.

The only way it could be done, would be to charge "MLG Types" a premium fee, to include a special team that focuses purely on inproving and adding to the competetive aspect only of the game. Would you be ok with paying your standard Live fee, and an additionl $50 or $60 a month to have your game updated a few times a year to include more competetive aspects?

• Like 2

I was hoping we could both find some common ground. I like you restrain, you show a good understanding of the MLG side of gameplay and do respect and acknowlegde us casual gamers. very few of you around I tip my hat to you. I look forward to futher debates about these things. And btw, welcome to the site bro! You should introduce yourself to the gang in the Introductions thread if you havent already.

I'm not talking about total EXP, i'm talking about EXP in a playlist. It is unrealistic to have 3000 exp in a playlist while still level 30... I have yet to see that and i've played thousands of games... Total exp wise, yeah that's definitely realistic... I have 3.1k exp total on my main account

Total exp is nearly irrelevant to how fast you level up in a playlist, what is relevant is how many loses you have in a certain playlist.

...anyway a person who creates a new account does deserve to level up faster, but their ranks will be unstable and will go up and down every game as opposed to someone who has a lot of EXP whose rank will be stable. Also the community will look down on new accounts with low exp in a playlist.

The community does respect high EXP and high rank, so the more EXP you have in a playlist the more your rank is respected. And if you have a lot of EXP at a low level (level 30 for example) then thats ur fault for loosing so many games. You should have to slowly grind your way up, because that is where your skill level is... (you aren't going to magically get 2x better at Halo) And not everyone has the skill to hit 50, they have to develop the skill if they don't have it already)

Now you're probably thinking a person with a skill level of 50 in a playlist could be stuck at level 30. From my experience on my booster I made, I deranked all the way from level 50 to level 6. Then turboed all the way to a general in EXP in snipers. (Estimating 1500 loses AT LEVEL 6)

Boosted friends for free and slowly went from level 6 to level 50 nearly a week later.

Incase you want to check my log because you don't believe me:

Gamertag is FTB Inferno

http://www.bungie.ne...r=FtB%20Inferno

(Page 79 is where I started turboing, Page 19 you'll see me at level 50 in Team Snipers, recent pages like Page 1 you'll see I deranked yet again)

I did get banned forever from Halo 3 from all that turboing, however the ban may have been lifted since I haven't played in a year. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Just goes to show. if I could rank up with that all the crybabies who constantly say "I won 14 games in a row and still didn't rank up" just need to keep playing and win consistently and they will rank up. If you have to keep track of how many games you win in a row and complain about it then you shouldn't even be playing, because it's to stressful and difficult for you.

Still a great system. That's why it is named TrueSkill, it shows your True Skill. And obviously not everyones True Skill is level 50.

Lol, I had to read this a second time to figure out that you were serious. Okay, So what you are saying is that halo 3's "true skill" was better than halo 2's ranking system. Alright, let me address first that you are mistaken when you say that it is all about your win to loss ratio. This is entirely false and I will explain why. There are other factors that come into play. (i.e your team mate's EXP level)

I will show you an example.

(this really did happen btw)

My friend made a new account and my friend's friend had an account with -1000 EXP (or something like that) they played and won 18 games of doubles. My friend's new account was a level 50 in just 3 hours.

Now I made a new account and attempted to replicate what my friend did, I went into match making and I played with my friend who was a 50 in team doubles, we won 23 games in a row and I ranked up to level 42. Well, wait, what happened? I won 5 MORE games than my friend, and we both lost NONE, so why didn't I get my 50?

Reason being, his friend was -1,000 EXP, my friend was positive 2,500 EXP

Like you said, no one respects people with a 50 with only 20 EXP, however this shows that the way the ranking system works, your team mates EXP affects how well YOU level up... How does that make sense? I guess they did it that way so it would reward you for playing with garbage teammates.

Well, a ranking system with all of these loop holes and ways to "cheat" (Yes, that is what you are doing when you boost, you are cheating...) is obviously a flawed ranking system.

In halo 2, there were NO ways to manipulate the ranking system, you either leveled or didn't, no confusion, no bull, just win go up loose go down. AND You know what? It worked.... Everybody at a high level was GOOD in halo 2, everybody in a high level in halo 3? well.... okay now it's not just there level, let's check there EXP, there bungie.net, etc,etc. It is over complicating the whole thing and it is taking away the meaning of the "50" next to your name.

Mawell, your an idiot. Nuff said. All the competative Rank systems that were deployed in all titles failed miserably. I can point out at least 7 to 8 flaws in either the calcuations, agorithyms or data handling that prove this. Besides arguing that the game needs a "true skill" rank system, why don't you all start by realizing what it is you truly want. all you want at a basic core, is to go around and show people how much time and pointless hours of gameplay you put into a game, just to show off a high level number that has no real world value or concept. And lets put this baby to rest why we are at it...the Halo 3 rank System was the worst of the bunch! Care to prove me wrong...go decompile, reverse, rebuild and test the API and netcode in a controlled environment and tell me how well it turns out. You don't need a "true skill" system to show who is the better player ina game. All one has to do is find the people who play the most, and stack up the k/d, score, assist etc stats and whoever has the best ratio is clearly the best overall player. You don't need a silly number to prove it. Achieving a high skill number cna be done by anyone with a certain amount of time put in. So how does that sound at all like a "True Skill" measure? What's next....they need to put a date stamp on the moment you reach it so you can brag you were the first, and everyone that follows is 2nd, 3rd, best etc.... Furthermore, the Reach stat system that was put in place, is by far the most comprehensive means of measuring up a player against another. The commendations they put out for you, can show you more about a players style and past gaming than any of the other ones. Instead of matchmaking like halo 3, where you got paired with people of like level numbers...which mean nothing because it doesn't factor in time spent or k/d.....in Reach when you get paired up, the system looks at population k/d and commendation levels, along with deaths, assists etc... and actually pairs you up better against players who's surface skill level closely matches your own based off of said prior stats.

Wow, First off let's not call people idiot's, especially when you, yourself, don't know what you are talking about.

A rank means more than your K/D because if you have a high H/D all that means is that you kill more people than you die, (i.e camp, steal kills, etc) Also, if everyone is at ground level with each other (like in reach) then you have people who play the game all the time (inheritors) fighting against a punch of recruits. OBVIOUSLY that means nothing if you can kill more noobs than the next guy.

I got you figured out, you are a COD player, and you want halo to continue going down the broken path to be more like COD. Well it isn't going to work, because the reason why so many people like HALO is because it is NOT COD and it actually shows REAL SKILL (excluding halo reach).

• Like 1

Wow, First off let's not call people idiot's, especially when you, yourself, don't know what you are talking about.

A rank means more than your K/D because if you have a high H/D all that means is that you kill more people than you die, (i.e camp, steal kills, etc) Also, if everyone is at ground level with each other (like in reach) then you have people who play the game all the time (inheritors) fighting against a punch of recruits. OBVIOUSLY that means nothing if you can kill more noobs than the next guy.

I got you figured out, you are a COD player, and you want halo to continue going down the broken path to be more like COD. Well it isn't going to work, because the reason why so many people like HALO is because it is NOT COD and it actually shows REAL SKILL (excluding halo reach).

So much fail in one post. It's unbelievable.

No need to sort him out. is own failed post shows how little he understands in terms of statistical matchmaking data that is collected and interpreted by the various Live API's. I on the otherhand know exactly how it works and how it used in matchmaking. I didn't get the "tech guru" tag for nothin folks. Just keep that in mind when you want to challenge my posts...(all eyes pointing at you HeroDanny)

• Like 1

No need to sort him out. is own failed post shows how little he understands in terms of statistical matchmaking data that is collected and interpreted by the various Live API's. I on the otherhand know exactly how it works and how it used in matchmaking. I didn't get the "tech guru" tag for nothin folks. Just keep that in mind when you want to challenge my posts...(all eyes pointing at you HeroDanny)

You? The kid who is calling people Idiots and going around advocating that halo reach has the best ranking system. Okay, let's talk over XBL party chats. Make my night.

HeroDanny, I have a son your age so don't talk down to the adults around here. As One stated, you lost...move on. My working knowledge base of Halo and all related Blam! engines, and Live API's was acquired as the culmination of many many years or Halo modding and reverse engineering. As for your comment about being a CoD player, yes I do play CoD with my son on occasion, but Halo has and always will be my passion. Your short sighted views about the recent Halo title really show your inability to appriciate anything Halo, no matter how askew from cannon or engine base it may be.

As for the ranking systems, they are all flawed. it does not take reverse engineering to figure that part out, only a simplistic understanding or why and how you get matched up with certain players via their service record and matchmaking filters.

And btw, why would I want to talk to you over XBL? Do you have something to contribute to the mod scene? Or are you simply trying to lure me into a chat session where you can TRY, to humiliate and trash talk me in real time, instead of here, where you will most certaintly fail and prove yourself to be a sniveling troll?

Back to the main topic at hand now. If you all really want a true measure of skill in terms of a ranking system, I have thought up, mathmatically written out and almost with 100% certainty layed out a good foundation on what should be calculated into a true measur a skill....

A.) List of target specific ratios.. (H/M- Hit-miss ratio)

1. Headshot misses and hits (anything above "Z" axis of head marker that misses or hits.

2. Body shot misses and hits (same as above)

3. Strafing. When strafing and incoming shots are within "said" distance, it counts as an evade.

4. Assists. (self explanitory).

B.) All weapon usage stats, used to pair people based on which weapon they excell with in accordance to H/M ratio

C.) Kill Death Ratio goes here.

D.) Vehicle kills/deaths. (Shows how well you kill and stay alive while using a vehicle. Helps determine good drivers)

E.) Vehicle Kills/death actual. (Shows what vehicles you excell in taking out, and vice versa)

F.) Team Scoring and stopping. (This one is used accross all team types and helps show his is better offensive or defensive)

So now that you have a quick list of my many, you can start to then apply ratio's and factor in a point system to increase rank. As the stats above prove, you simply can't just stand around and AFK, nor Lonewolf it or betray to get anywhere. Everything you do in the game is accounted for and reflective of the amount of points you receive per match based on the match. SO say your ratios for a match fall beyond a certain percentage, you lose rank points based on a percentage lost scale. To clarify, it would be similar to this...

1 to 5% ratio loss meaning kill/death or hit miss = 1 point lost

6 to 10% equals 2 points lost

and so on for the remainder of numbers.

Also can be applied to the opposite, where you recieve points for + ratios...

I will try to illistrate it below...

Lets say you just finished a rumble slayer match. Your stats were as follows...

Kills= 25

Deaths= 12

Weapons used:

Rockets= 4 misses, 3 hits

DMR = 128 hits, 150 misses

Frags= 3 hits, 1 miss

Plasmas= 2 hits, 2 misses

vehicles used:

H-Turret: hits=72, misses=128

Now we calculate the percentages of each section...

KILL DEATH= 25/12 x 100*= 208 spread

MISSES HITS= 209/284 x 100 = -73.59 spread

Now we take the spreads and you get... 208 + 73.59 / 0.2 = 56.3% Then take that 56.3 and see where it falls into the points aquired catagory.

N

ow obviously this was done real quick, but it illistrates how a schema of this type would ultimately show a player's true skill and really make them work for it. not just winning, but hold them accountable for every single action they take. You could even go further, and have a betrayal count as a 10% overall point deduction in the end for those who betray a lot for stuff. But again, as this points out, you would have to play in every playlist as focusing on single playlists would not yeild you enough points alone to really get you up in rank. You could go one step further, and force players to do other playlists by giving them no points until 5 playlists in each catagory is completed. So if you play 5 rumble slayer, you could not earn more points for rumble slayer until you do a set of 5 on a specified or available playlist. This alone would prevent the Reach mtachmaking boosters and boosters alike from cheating their way up in rank.

HeroDanny, I have a son your age so don't talk down to the adults around here. As One stated, you lost...move on. My working knowledge base of Halo and all related Blam! engines, and Live API's was acquired as the culmination of many many years or Halo modding and reverse engineering. As for your comment about being a CoD player, yes I do play CoD with my son on occasion, but Halo has and always will be my passion. Your short sighted views about the recent Halo title really show your inability to appriciate anything Halo, no matter how askew from cannon or engine base it may be.

As for the ranking systems, they are all flawed. it does not take reverse engineering to figure that part out, only a simplistic understanding or why and how you get matched up with certain players via their service record and matchmaking filters.

And btw, why would I want to talk to you over XBL? Do you have something to contribute to the mod scene? Or are you simply trying to lure me into a chat session where you can TRY, to humiliate and trash talk me in real time, instead of here, where you will most certaintly fail and prove yourself to be a sniveling troll?

Back to the main topic at hand now. If you all really want a true measure of skill in terms of a ranking system, I have thought up, mathmatically written out and almost with 100% certainty layed out a good foundation on what should be calculated into a true measur a skill....

A.) List of target specific ratios.. (H/M- Hit-miss ratio)

1. Headshot misses and hits (anything above "Z" axis of head marker that misses or hits.

2. Body shot misses and hits (same as above)

3. Strafing. When strafing and incoming shots are within "said" distance, it counts as an evade.

4. Assists. (self explanitory).

B.) All weapon usage stats, used to pair people based on which weapon they excell with in accordance to H/M ratio

C.) Kill Death Ratio goes here.

D.) Vehicle kills/deaths. (Shows how well you kill and stay alive while using a vehicle. Helps determine good drivers)

E.) Vehicle Kills/death actual. (Shows what vehicles you excell in taking out, and vice versa)

F.) Team Scoring and stopping. (This one is used accross all team types and helps show his is better offensive or defensive)

So now that you have a quick list of my many, you can start to then apply ratio's and factor in a point system to increase rank. As the stats above prove, you simply can't just stand around and AFK, nor Lonewolf it or betray to get anywhere. Everything you do in the game is accounted for and reflective of the amount of points you receive per match based on the match. SO say your ratios for a match fall beyond a certain percentage, you lose rank points based on a percentage lost scale. To clarify, it would be similar to this...

1 to 5% ratio loss meaning kill/death or hit miss = 1 point lost

6 to 10% equals 2 points lost

and so on for the remainder of numbers.

Also can be applied to the opposite, where you recieve points for + ratios...

I will try to illistrate it below...

Lets say you just finished a rumble slayer match. Your stats were as follows...

Kills= 25

Deaths= 12

Weapons used:

Rockets= 4 misses, 3 hits

DMR = 128 hits, 150 misses

Frags= 3 hits, 1 miss

Plasmas= 2 hits, 2 misses

vehicles used:

H-Turret: hits=72, misses=128

Now we calculate the percentages of each section...

KILL DEATH= 25/12 x 100*= 208 spread

MISSES HITS= 209/284 x 100 = -73.59 spread

Now we take the spreads and you get... 208 + 73.59 / 0.2 = 56.3% Then take that 56.3 and see where it falls into the points aquired catagory.

N

ow obviously this was done real quick, but it illistrates how a schema of this type would ultimately show a player's true skill and really make them work for it. not just winning, but hold them accountable for every single action they take. You could even go further, and have a betrayal count as a 10% overall point deduction in the end for those who betray a lot for stuff. But again, as this points out, you would have to play in every playlist as focusing on single playlists would not yeild you enough points alone to really get you up in rank. You could go one step further, and force players to do other playlists by giving them no points until 5 playlists in each catagory is completed. So if you play 5 rumble slayer, you could not earn more points for rumble slayer until you do a set of 5 on a specified or available playlist. This alone would prevent the Reach mtachmaking boosters and boosters alike from cheating their way up in rank.

Firstly, I just wanted to say, don't age discriminate around here. Just because you are 14 years older than me, means nothing. My opinions matter just as much as yours do.

Secondly, I wanted to talk over XBL not to cuss you out, or get a bunch of people to gang up on you. I simply wanted to be in an environment that doesn't have a bunch of people constantly butting in and are clearly not even reading half of either of our posts and just posting the way they feel towards the matter, without keeping an open mind. I guess if you don't feel comfortable talking over XBL (For whatever reason) then fine. But I think you should reconsider because it would actually be a good debate.

Thirdly, I like your idea of a ranking system, I think that maybe if you took what you have said and made a side page (kind of like a service record page that records all of that stuff and possibly turns it into a "true skill" so you are matched up against people similar to you, thus making a K/D mean more). However I believe a # rank that is represented by win/lose would be more plausible because it would mean that you have to work as a team to achieve higher ranks, PLUS it would allow for a more simple and easy way to understand the ranking system (win go up, lose go down) that you could track on 343's website to see how far you are to your next rank.

Btw, I like how most people on here were agreeing with me from the start, and now have swayed their views just because someone with more experience on this forum is opposing me. Be a little more open minded viewers.

P.S- I didn't start this flame war on my thread, but it ends here, no more calling people "idiots" or randomly jabbing at people, let's keep it civilized. (I am sorry Ms.Mystic)

Well said hero. Send me a new friend request and I will gladly accept. Sorry for pre-judging your motives...but I don't get on Live much and have many reservations about joining parties or chat. I hate my voice and don't even talk with members at all, outside maybe Mystic and Dog.

But yeah, I think you pose a great set of arguments aside form having any solid data to back it up. You do show a good understanding of basic Halo statistic data, and I would love to engage in further talks about it. i think if we perhaps worked together on creating a solid layout, we could both in terms of community, provide 343i a good well rounded look at how the current system they have, could be tweaked and changed in future titles to present a more "true Skill" system of balance. Good on yah mate!