•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Halo6 Follower : (13 December 2019 - 08:42 PM) Have a good day at work though!
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 December 2019 - 08:42 PM) Ouch
@  Vitamin Pwn : (13 December 2019 - 02:30 PM) Not much enjoying my Friday morning before I have to work
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 December 2019 - 05:31 AM) You??
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 December 2019 - 05:31 AM) Not much on my end! Just enjoying a Friday night :D
@  Vitamin Pwn : (12 December 2019 - 11:45 PM) What’s up you cool babies?
@  343iBot : (12 December 2019 - 01:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, antsilva! :welcome: View antsilva's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (11 December 2019 - 05:04 PM) @Mothy Need to go dig that up now
@  343iBot : (11 December 2019 - 10:18 AM) Welcome to the forums, HapunrU! :welcome: View HapunrU's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 December 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, dubstepx41! :welcome: View dubstepx41's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 December 2019 - 07:06 PM) Welcome to the forums, Penguin Space! :welcome: View Penguin Space's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (10 December 2019 - 06:08 AM) Blast from the past
@  Halo6 Follower : (10 December 2019 - 06:08 AM) Wow yeah
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:37 AM) Anyone remember the 343i community yearbook? Yea, I dont want to either smh
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:22 AM) Shoutboxington
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:22 AM) How are things in Shoutland
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:21 AM) Hola hombres
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:21 AM) @KhevaKins I sure did, im not rushing to rebuy a game ive been playing for eight years though
@  343iBot : (09 December 2019 - 04:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, EdwardVal! :welcome: View EdwardVal's Profile
@  343iBot : (09 December 2019 - 08:34 AM) Welcome to the forums, Mikaelaerop! :welcome: View Mikaelaerop's Profile

Photo

Site Poll 106: Halo TV Series HAS To Change Before Airing

Halo Poll Site Poll TV Series Halo TV Series Halo TV Halo Series Showtime

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,745 posts
Heroic
         2    7    17             3               

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:08 AM

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with Site Poll 106, and it's not good news.

Looking back at the last poll, 105, there was quite a bit of hope left for this community. It's always great to see you guys and the passion that remains for this site. But speaking of hope, we're gonna need a lot of it for what's to come in this poll post...

Halo_TV_1920x1080.0.png

Will 343 correct the canon-breaking?

First off, please read these if you haven't yet: https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/halo-series-showtime-cast-1203398567/ 

There's a lot wrong here, and it's disappointing because I had strong hopes for this series after hearing about how they'd stick to canon and appreciate it. Lets get into it briefly:

1. Jacob and Miranda Keyes have changed ethnicity. No, this has nothing to do with the actors/actresses. I don't know who they are or how good they are, nor do I care, as it's irrelevant. Canon is being broken in a huge way here. Jacob would have been around for two decades if this show airs in 2021, you really shouldn't disrespect the origin of two pivotal individuals like that. Cast them for another role, or (if possible) remove them from the casting. You cannot expect anyone to believe such a drastic change in appearance is natural, this is truly offending especially after being told the canon would be stuck to, yet the most basic of things is apparently not being appreciated here.

2. The roles of Jacob and his daughter. Unless this was set right before Reach, Jacob Keyes was not a Captain, get the rank right. And what, is Miranda a scientist now? Get real. Also, no, Catherine and Jacob were never married, she is not his ex-wife.

3. The Covenant wouldn't even be able to grasp the concept of raising a human, Makee would have been slaughtered like the rest. The Covenant didn't even take prisoners, unless for torture or interrogation, no one would raise a human child.

These are the main points, though I'm sure there may have been one or two other things, this is just what stands out the most. Lets leave Halo untouched by Hollywood diversity, keep it real, the way it has always been.

I personally wouldn't mind if this series is delayed indefinitely, just get it right. Infinite is looking to come out 5 years after H5, and we're mostly ok with that, because as long as it gets done right then please, take all the time needed. Some people have already given up on the show, but there's still potential for corrections to be made. Halo has one strong theme: hope.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Spartan out.

BStdT3J.jpg

#2 Maestro

Maestro

Psychotic Ninja of the USF

• Forge Group
  • 756 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Maestro9318
  • LocationA Land of Fire and Ice
         4       3      

Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:44 PM

Let's just declare it as non-canon and not watch it. If they're going to mess up established lore that badly, it's not worth our time.

ZAO0DB9.png

Got Super Mario Maker? Share your level codes here!

Mayor of 343i City

#3 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,745 posts
Heroic

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:21 PM

Let's just declare it as non-canon and not watch it. If they're going to mess up established lore that badly, it's not worth our time.

People have commented that, and it would certainly have to be non-canon if they release it like this, lets hope that's not the case.

BStdT3J.jpg

#4 Vitamin Pwn

Vitamin Pwn

Your #1 fan

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,307 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Vitamin PWN
  • LocationThe palace of wisdom
5    2                                 

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:19 PM

i hope they just explode the old canon and make the tv series canon. Erase the old canon like an etch a sketch, it never happened. /s

but seriously I'll watch the first episode and make my judgment then, but as of now i'm not looking forward to it.

"In this life we lead, we could conquer everything
If we could just get the braves to get out of bed in the morning"  AJJ - brave as a noun

#5 brownE7

brownE7

Grunt

• New Members
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:27 AM

hey y'll,

wat is non-canon and old canon?

Can you explain this?

I am newbie here. please help in these term.

#6 itaVep

itaVep

Grunt

• Members
  • 4 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:RB ShUrA07

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:50 AM

Ok. I use translate and will be good ok?

#7 Mothy

Mothy

Prophet of Regret

• Dedicated Members
  • 164 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Your Loofah
  • LocationMarion, Iowa

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:31 AM

It seems to be a kind of twist to get people who arent very familiar with the games to watch the episodes. Its really disappointing to see that they've decided that cutting out parts and adding others in is acceptable, but whatever I suppose. They did the same thing to the How to Train your Dragon series, if you've read any of the books you'd know that the two have very little in common. But as Pwn said, ill watch the first episode but im not as excited for it as I was before I read the post

@brownE7 Also Canon and non-canon is like whats established game lore and what isnt. Like the Halo rings are canon, but the Halo rings fried in batter and served with ketchup to Halsey's kids the Arbiter and Noble 6 is not

Enjoy it while it lasts!

#8 Lythrilux

Lythrilux

Prophet of Truth

• Trusted Members
  • 282 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Cygnatt
  • LocationXbox Live

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:03 PM

I wont watch it if they dont correct the lore inaccuracies
343ICF OFFICIAL ROLE PLAY THREAD http://www.343indust..._20#entry225839

APPLY HERE TO PARTICIPATE http://www.343indust...ions-apply-now/

#9 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,745 posts
Heroic

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

I wont watch it if they dont correct the lore inaccuracies

Spoken like a true patriot. :yay:

BStdT3J.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo, Poll, Site Poll, TV, Series, Halo TV Series, Halo TV, Halo Series, Showtime

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users