•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:51 AM) Hey Mr. Halo Team Assemble
@  Fishy : (21 September 2018 - 09:45 AM) You kids and your Halo
@  Fishy : (21 September 2018 - 09:45 AM) Lol
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:41 AM) With an imposing question
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:41 AM) Short and informative
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:41 AM) http://www.343indust...kins-in-halo-5/
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:28 AM) Hm.. Think I'ma post a quick article on the new MCC nameplates and H5 Magnum Skins
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:26 AM) Lol yes we're in the same boat then!
@  Halo6 Follower : (21 September 2018 - 09:12 AM) (I must confess that I didn't either, but I did play it back in March...That still counts, right??)
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:03 AM) I'm glad someone tried it though!
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 09:03 AM) I didn't even play last night as much as I talked it up because my friends didn't want to get on Halo 5 :(
@  Halo6 Follower : (21 September 2018 - 08:23 AM) The H3 playlist is fantastic
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 08:09 AM) It's classic Halo with less clunky movement and perfect hit registration
@  Drizzy_Dan : (21 September 2018 - 08:08 AM) The H3 Playlist is what future Halo should be imo
@  343iBot : (21 September 2018 - 05:19 AM) Welcome to the forums, meganward! :welcome: View meganward's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 September 2018 - 10:12 PM) Welcome to the forums, BenTennyson! :welcome: View BenTennyson's Profile
@  UncookedMoa : (20 September 2018 - 09:28 PM) I enjoy all the playlists.
@  Yoshi1176 : (20 September 2018 - 04:00 PM) I never really enjoyed the H3 playlist
@  Drizzy_Dan : (20 September 2018 - 03:18 PM) And the H3 Classic playlist is back so I'm getting on H5
@  Drizzy_Dan : (20 September 2018 - 03:17 PM) Also they just announced today that they are available along with the new Target Shooter Commendation

Photo

Site Poll 92: What's your favourite naval vessel?

Site Poll Poll UNSC Covenant Ship Ships

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,718 posts
Inspiring
2    7    17             3               

Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:33 PM

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with Site Poll 92.

Last week we talked about whether we could have defeated the Covenant without the Great Schism occurring, and the clear outcome was that it would not have been possible. Community members Drizzy_Dan and RedStarRocket91 took the stage with some great detailed responsesClick here to view the last poll, 91.

maxresdefault.jpg

What's your favourite naval vessel?

Infinity. Pious Inquisitor. In Amber Clad. Enduring Conviction. These are only a few names of some of the most impressive vessels ever built. Each one of these beauties has its own story. Each its own history. Its own kill count. Crew. Adventures. Tech. Weaponry. This week I want to ask you, which ship is your favourite? Be it Covenant or UNSC, there are many legendary ships to choose from, which do you like most?

And hey, no funny answers, I don't wanna see any watercraft showing up here. UNSC and Covenant spacecraft only, Forerunners will have to sit this one out I'm afraid.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.    :yay:

2m5l7hi.jpg

#2 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,545 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:08 PM

USSZumwalt+ArrivesSD120716.jpg

Spoiler

lTs5mr0.png

#3 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,718 posts
Inspiring
2    7    17             3               

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:29 AM

USSZumwalt+ArrivesSD120716.jpg

Spoiler

I was expecting at least one Zumwalt or Arleigh Burke to show up...

Nice one with the Albatross, but I'm referring to ships in the UNSC Navy or the Covenant fleet here. Could be as small as a prowler, or as large as a carrier, dropships such as the Albatross don't count though.

2m5l7hi.jpg

#4 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:51 AM

Oh my this is difficult. These questions have been very stimulating lately and I'm loving it! I gotta go with a legendary Covie vessel: Rtas 'Vadum's Shadow of Intent

Spoiler

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#5 Unikraken

Unikraken

Grunt

• Members
  • 3 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Unikraken

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:22 AM

My favorite ship from the lore is the UNSC Everest, a Valiant-class Super-Heavy Cruiser and the personal flagship of Admiral Preston J. Cole. We've actually modeled the ship for Sins of the Prophets, I'll include a link to an image of it and the 3D asset below, if someone on the mod team has an issue with it, please let me know and I'll remove them.

Spoiler

If you'd like to give the ship a more physical look here is a link to the Sketchfab model.

https://sketchfab.co...17b6e9c2158d8af

#6 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:30 AM

My favorite ship from the lore is the UNSC Everest, a Valiant-class Super-Heavy Cruiser and the personal flagship of Admiral Preston J. Cole. We've actually modeled the ship for Sins of the Prophets, I'll include a link to an image of it and the 3D asset below, if someone on the mod team has an issue with it, please let me know and I'll remove them.

Spoiler

If you'd like to give the ship a more physical look here is a link to the Sketchfab model.

https://sketchfab.co...17b6e9c2158d8af

Beautiful work. I gotta admit, I'm very novice when it comes to ships. I thought that was a Halcyon class because it appeared similar to the Pillar of Autumn class to me.  :unknw:

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#7 Unikraken

Unikraken

Grunt

• Members
  • 3 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Unikraken

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:06 PM

Beautiful work. I gotta admit, I'm very novice when it comes to ships. I thought that was a Halcyon class because it appeared similar to the Pillar of Autumn class to me.  :unknw:

We have a very pretty Halcyon as well!

Halcyon-collage.png

#8 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,545 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:40 PM

I was expecting at least one Zumwalt or Arleigh Burke to show up...

Nice one with the Albatross, but I'm referring to ships in the UNSC Navy or the Covenant fleet here. Could be as small as a prowler, or as large as a carrier, dropships such as the Albatross don't count though.

Nu uh, a ship's a ship yo. If I had a Navy the entire fleet would be Albatrossi.

lTs5mr0.png

#9 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:47 PM

Nu uh, a ship's a ship yo. If I had a Navy the entire fleet would be Albatrossi.

Albatri? Albatreese?

#10 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,808 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Yoshi1176
  • LocationSan Francisco
      8          2          5               

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:47 AM

Albatri? Albatreese?

When referring to the fleet it would be called "The Albatroose"

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

First person to serve two consecutive terms as president of the USF

10th and 11th President of the USF

#11 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:52 AM

When referring to the fleet it would be called "The Albatroose"

Oh I think I've eaten that before

#12 Halo6 Follower

Halo6 Follower

The Forum Follower

• Community Moderators
  • 724 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:BatedSuperior5
  • Location'Straya!
            10             2    2      

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:47 PM

Please stop making these so difficult lol. I'm torn between the Shadow of Intent and the UNSC Infinity. 

But since Drizzy already claimed the Shadow my vote is for the Infinity. Yeah, I know it's cheesy and kinda cliched. But it has my vote for what it represents; The culmination of human achievement, as the E3 trailer put it. 

Posted Image

The Purple shall stay. Thanks to JXZAW for putting up with my cat placement!

#13 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,808 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Yoshi1176
  • LocationSan Francisco
      8          2          5               

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:45 PM

Not really my favorite, but definitely worth a mention is the UNSC Cradle.

If you've read the Fall of Reach series you know it as the flat repair station/ship that sacrificed itself and all the members win board from covenant attack by acting as a shield.

The ship itself isn't impressive, but what it did, and the whole naval battle that it was involved in really stuck out to me for some reason.

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

First person to serve two consecutive terms as president of the USF

10th and 11th President of the USF

#14 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,011 posts
Legendary
6       2       2                        

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

Not really my favorite, but definitely worth a mention is the UNSC Cradle.

If you've read the Fall of Reach series you know it as the flat repair station/ship that sacrificed itself and all the members win board from covenant attack by acting as a shield.

The ship itself isn't impressive, but what it did, and the whole naval battle that it was involved in really stuck out to me for some reason.

This is an excellent choice 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users