Site Poll 73: The fate of Cortana?

Ranger Intel

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with site poll #73.

Last week I asked whether you wanted to see fluid movement reappear in Halo 6, and overall it appears that the community does want it to remain, and possible with more fluidity. Looking forward to seeing how 343 move forward with this in the next Halo FPS game. Click here to view the last poll, #72.

CeoiEAVWQAA_xvU.jpg

The fate of Cortana?

Cortana's stirring up trouble, and she's now the UNSC's, or the galaxy's, primary threat. Is it too late to bring her home? Some theorise that her "turn to the dark side" is caused by the flood's infamous logic plague, but regardless of why she's gone rogue, she's a threat. Her termination has been on the table since 2557, and it's not more of a certainty with the way things are going. How do you think she'll be sent out though, with a bang?

She may pull off a final sacrifice, similar to Halo 4's ending, or the UNSC will finish her off with their allies. No matter how, I see an end in sight for her. Even if she has been cured of rampancy by the Domain, and somehow gets free of the logic plague, no one would want her to remain active. It's far too large of a risk that the universe is better off without. Even if she's scientifically proven to be sane and safe for operation, paranoia and safety precations/regulars are still in place. She's too advanced and manipulative (thanks to Halsey's persona being ingrained in her) to keep alive, like Halsey herself in previous cases. I believe the hunt for Cortana will be like the hunt for Halsey, but this time she'll be put down for sure. That is, if the UNSC+allies get their hands on her. I don't think that'll be so straight-forward, but I do believe that if Cortana is infected by the logic plague and gets free of it, she will surrender herself to humanity for her destruction.

But how's she going down? What do you think is her most likely fate, and why?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.      :yay:

• Like 3

Its been a while since any real main characters died, and since asking for the death of the Master Chief and Cortana in one game seems like kinda a long shot, I think she'll finally be snuffed out in Halo 6. How itll happen, I have no idea. Maybe something similar to the ending of Halo 4, or maybe even a Gravemind/Cortana infected level where you take out two birds with one stone (Would really love to see the Flood return in Halo 6, I always found them really interesting). Either way, I hope its a memorable moment because that means the end of Jen Taylor (One of my all time favorite voice actors) and since shes been in every Halo (Minus ODST and I think Halo Wars 1 & 2) it would be a huge letdown if her final debut was just a simple "Go here and blow this up".

• Like 1