Site Poll 62: Next spin-off game?

Ranger Intel

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here bringing back the reiterating site poll, welcome to #62.

To view Self Destruct's last poll, #61, follow this link: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/45520-site-poll-61-easter-eggs/?hl=%2Bsite+%2Bpoll

Battle-of-Harvest_0.jpg?itok=t4GZJfE6

What do you think the next spin-off Halo game will be?

It's been leaked that two development IDs of some sort were valid for Halo. Most suspect one is Halo 6, and another is a spin-off Halo game. Regardless of whether these mean anything or not, it's highly likely another Halo game is in development, an FPS one. Halo 6 won't be out until 2019 or 2020, it's likely we'll have another Halo FPS drop sometime soon, and it's certainly due considering we haven't had one deviating from Chief's perspective since Halo: Reach. Question is: what will it be? A Harvest game? Another ODST game? Will we be placed in the boots of another Spartan-III again?

Share your thoughts down below,

Spartan out. :yay:

• Like 5

Great to see this return! I've added it to the Shoutbox Banner too, Spartan. :D

I really hope it's something to do with the Arbiter in between the end of Halo 3 and the start of Halo 5, with the whole Civil War thing.  Although in saying that, another ODST game would be amazing! 

• Like 4

Seeing as how 343i has stated publicaly and often that they do not want to, dont plan to and simply do not care to continue what Bungie created in the past.... I cannot see them doing any future title based on anything they established as lore. If we have learned one thing, its that 343i craps all over established lore and likes to make their own.

A pre CE or anything in between the 1-Reach titles seems highly unlikely. The most reasonable spot as stated above, would be a go between Halo 3 and Halo 4. As much as I think that not using the massive amount of stories available before CE and Halo 2 is just plain stupidity, (Harvest, Insugency, Red Team, Black Team, etc) there is a fair amount of lore and or content to draw off of to fill in a lot of the story as to what happened while Chief was floating around lost before the start of Halo 4.

All that being said, I would love to see a game, or series of games that revolves around the pre firing of the Halo rings. The war between the Forerunners and the San'Shyuum / Human alliance. There is so much we do not know, and there is almlst no real established lore. It provides the perfect opportunity for someone to tell the story and build a proper understanding to the hatred the Forerunner harvest for humanity.

Although as everyone knows, I love me some ODST...so another title involving an ODST narative would make week kneed and goo.....

• Like 4

"Halo's strengths have always been its deep and engaging combat, powerful bosses, and rich narrative. Building on the success of Halo 5: Guardians, we're therefore excited to announce the release of Halo 5: Warden, a game focusing entirely on Guardians' most enduringly popular new character! Enjoy fifteen to eighteen hours of non-stop boss fights with the Warden Eternal as you seek to uncover the mystery behind his motive, uncover revelations about the Halo universe, and discover secrets about the shadowy force behind Cortana's revival!"

More seriously: I suspect it's probably a mobile game, given it's been a while since we had any new additions to the Spartan X series. Halo 5's ongoing development rules out another FPS spinoff, at least for me, especially as it wouldn't provide a cheap alternative access to DLC maps, as with Halo 3's multiplayer on ODST.

• Like 4

I already knew what I was going to say before I even finished reading the post. ODST, all the way. By far ODST was my favorite campaign, the dark, creepy, lonely, and lost feeling you get during the Rookie missions really stuck with me long after completing the story (Not to mention Marty's musical bits.... *Chills*). I feel like another game where you're in the boots of a marine and not a mythological super soldier would be a refreshing change, at least for me anyways. 

• Like 5

"Halo's strengths have always been its deep and engaging combat, powerful bosses, and rich narrative. Building on the success of Halo 5: Guardians, we're therefore excited to announce the release of Halo 5: Warden, a game focusing entirely on Guardians' most enduringly popular new character! Enjoy fifteen to eighteen hours of non-stop boss fights with the Warden Eternal as you seek to uncover the mystery behind his motive, uncover revelations about the Halo universe, and discover secrets about the shadowy force behind Cortana's revival!"

Also, it comes with a comic written by Karen Traviss where the Arbiter and Half-Jaw die an unceremonious death by Promethean Crawlers

• Like 2

I havent the slightest idea what the game could be. However, another spin off which follows Marines or the Navy through the Human-Covenant War (or any confluct) would be something Id like to see.

It would be refreshing to see how the normal soldiers fight and survive battle. Although, if they make another ODST style game, kill me.

• Like 3

When I saw this, the first thing that came into my head was maybe something to do with the forerunners before the flood all prequel style where we see stuff happening, they start experimenting, and then maybe delve more into why the flood are the flood or something I dunno.

That or maybe see some of Spartan Locke before the events of Halo 5: Guardians. Either one I'm not fussy

• Like 2