When was the first time you played Halo?

RANMAN10

Do you remember the first time you took a step into the awesome world of Halo? The first time you sat down at a TV, maybe at a party or a friends house, and played a game of Slayer, Oddball, or King of the Hill? If you do, comment below and tell us about it. If you don't, tell us about your favorite Halo moment. Thanks, @RANMAN10

When I was 7, 10 years ago, just got Halo CE, played the campaign. I freaked out and had an orgasm...

3 years later.... 10 years old. Xbox 360 and Halo 2: Extra Orgasm, MULTIPLAYER! *Shut's down* :cray:

Another 3 years, 13, Halo 3: most orgasm of all time, most epic maps ever! Bungie i <3 you!!!!1!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ODST: Um..... lol. Good try? Firefight was alright. It was an "Okay" game....

Wars: ...........LOLOLOOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL, played the demo, hated it, moved on.

Reach: Um.... wtf is this ****? Laggy servers and wtf? Armor Ablilities?!?? No orgasm, :(

• Like 2

Novermber 11th 2001 - Halo: Combat Evolved. Those were the day. No Youtube to complete the levels if things go too tough and no achievement hunters. Just good old playing the game how it was meant to be played. Hell, there's still glitches in Halo: CEA that I know from the first Halo: CA which aren't online or on Youtube. Nice quick way to complete Assault on The Control Room without any covenant. What an easy level.

-Halo: Combat Evolved

-Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary)

-Halo: 2

-Halo: Reach

-Halo: 3

-Halo: ODST

-Halo: Wars

Top to bottom of which I liked the most (descending order.) Which get's me to my only point... this game will have nothing like it in the many, many, many years to come of gaming. Yes, we're just seeing our technology broaden up but there will be nothing to surpass my love (gaming love) for this game of which I will never admit there's a game better than this. (whole franchise)

Pro`

It was June of 2004 and my dad and his friends were having a party at one of our friends apartments. I had just turned eight years old, and had to go with my dad because my mom was taking my two sisters-...somewhere. I can't remember. When my dad and I arrived, there were either 2 or 3 TV's set up with about 6 other guy playing on all of them I think. My first game I believe we played on Boarding Action. ...I had no idea what to do and did very... very poorly. XD One of the next games we played was on-... I can't seem to remember the name... it was a square map and in each corner there was a number with a different colored square surrounding it. at every corner there is a room with nothing that I remember but a fan at the top. In the middle there was a blown up very small squarish room thing with a Rocket launcher I believe. Idk. I won the next match. XD Loll

10 years ago, we were at a mates and a friend brought his XBOX and with him this game Halo. He had two controllers and he set us up to play campaign on Silent Cartographer. I was amazed, I knew I found something to draw me back into gaming again. Everyone at the house bought and XBOX and Halo and lots of lan parties followed.

To my regret, I can't claim to have been a Haloist since it's outset in 2001. I only got into it a year after H2 had been released.

A friend had CE on his PC and got stuck on The Silent Cartographer. He requested my assistance. I had never played Halo before and was a little hesitant at first. I had played Doom, Duke Nukem 64, Red Faction, and lots of Goldeneye. My buddy felt this was enough to make me a pro at the FPS genre.

It was weird playing a game using the keyboard and mouse. I hadn't played PC games like that before. But I managed, and after getting used to the controls I was kicking bubblegum and chewing a** in no time.

I never even relinquished the controls. I started over and stayed the entire afternoon and most of the evening. Finished after sundown and went home.

And that's when I fell in love with Halo. :yes

• Like 1

In '07 I only had a PS2 and couldonly play T games. Then, on a seemingly normal night I went over to a friend's house we played Halo 3, Infection on Sandtrap. I didn't know the controls and I couldn't figure out how to drive the hog (I kept trying to use A as the gas! :laughing: ), so I just picked up a shotgun and got a open season medal. By the next month I had a 360, live, and Halo 3. Played the campaign and set out to get all the Halo games beat on Legendary. (I don't see REACH as a Halo, so it doesn't count.)

ae796c_halo_shotgun.png :unworthy: WORSHIP THE BEST WEAPON :unworthy:

I played when I was 10-9 years old but no one would not let me play I thought it was so awesome... I eventually got to play later but I played with my brother from Halo CE all the way to Halo 3 soo many times... During the time i first played I wanted to play it so bad being forced to watch it... I was determined to play... Now I enjoy it so much though I liked the big explosions from Halo CE... I sometimes would blow myself up on purpose just to watch my body fly in the air... I was noob at the game like anyone would probably have beaten me...

• 4 months later...

First time I played Halo I was at a friends house after we had just played paintball...Just ate and everyone was relaxing, and on the floor laid a Halo case...Ever since then it was Lan parties every other weekend after paintball.

I even believe my first kill was on the back of a Warthog.

Its kinda vague, but here goes.

I had this friend who had all the coolest games/consoles. I went to his house one day, and we played this game. I had no idea what it was, I just knew I loved it. (I'm pretty sure now that it was halo 2)

Eventually, we drifted apart as many friends do. But I had another friend, and we played H3 campaign. I was hooked. Every time I went over there, we would play Halo. Very long story short, going to his house just wasn't enough anymore, so I read all the books, and eventually bought an Xbox and all the games.

First Halo game I got was Halo 2. I got it with my first xbox and as I started playing I was having trouble aiming because the setting was on inverted look, and I didn't know how to change that or that I even had an option to. I got half way through the first mission annoyed and frustrated and just stopped playing. It wasn't until halo 3 came out that I fell in love. I then finally went back and played halo 2 and then went out and got CE. So I played the trilogy backwards lol.

I was around 10.

Went to my neighbors and played some Super Smash Bro.

Then we put in halo and played a normal slayer game with my friend and my brother (Stealth Pilot).

Parents being strict let me warm up to teen games with Starwars : Revenge of the Sith on PS2. And then for the longest time...Star Wars Battlefront II (best PS2 game EVER!)

Then Xbox. I got ghost recon 1 and 2. Then one day (which changed my life). I convinced my mom to buy me Halo 3.

Once I got my live set up 1 year later I joined my first matchmaking game on Vahalla. My parents were watching and waiting for the first impression.

I happened to get into the best lobby possible. Two idiots arguing about the game. Dropping the F-bomb, C-bomb and all other nastys. Then two more of them started being idiots and argueing about the idiots. It was the worst lobby I have ever been in in my matchmaking career.

I don't remember who won the game. But my first kill was with a banshee (splatter) :D

First time I played Halo was actually December of 2009. I've played games all throughout my life but didn't get super into them until I was 17-20. I first played Halo CE but I only played it for maybe an hour.

Then in Feb/march 2010 I finally got live for my 360 and started playing H3 online. Prior to this, the only games I had played online were the PS3 betas of MAG and BFBC2 in the end of 2009/beginning of 2010.

I just simply fell in love with Halo. Halo is also what really got me into online games. From H3 I went on to play all the other Halo games and went to the midnight launch of Halo Reach. Halo will probably always be one of my favourite series. I may not have played the games when they first came out and experienced the LAN parties and the good fun that everyone else did. But I still love the series just as much.

• Like 1

i had read the fall of reach but i didnt start playing halo tell 07, i was 22 home on days off from the rig and figured id see what all the fuss over halo 3 was, needless to say (even though to this day im horrible at playing) i didnt get much done that week, i fell in love with the story, all of it the games, books, graphic novels, and anime. i cant wait for whats to come

Not sure when, but I was about 14, maybe a little older or younger who knows.. I'm 20 now.

It was halo 2, my brother was staying at my house and he ended up getting a live account on my xbox, and he always called me a flamer for not playing Halo, I was more into far cry, eventually I played as a guest on his account and everything changed from there, I LOVED halo 2 matchmaking, and i dropped all other games and just started playing halo, been in love ever since.

• 4 months later...

DAY 1 of its release. And as for my best moments? well, let us say there are so many that I can't say. I play mostly the PC version these days which is halo 1. But the best moment yesterday... when I spawned, saw the reds running for my flag in Bloodgulch and no scoped... and somehow, got a triple headshot with a single bullet.

Lets just say I felt so boss.