What Halo 4 has to be. And why.

GlobalHawk722

In many ways, Halo 4 will either commit the franchise to darkness and failure, or transform it into something the likes of which have never been seen in the history of gaming.

As most people know, halo has pretty much been left in CoD's dust for a few obvious reasons.

1. The story of the game has remained the same for nearly 10 years

2. As have the weapons

3. The game-play has also remained equivalent to Halo CE when it was released in 2001.

The thing that pisses me off the most is how people complain on the forums "we want the old halo back, like halo 2 and 3", as far as I'm concerned those people can go shove it and play halo 3. Seriously, if you want the same game-play as your old games, go play your old games! Games (like most things) change and evolve as time progresses. there is a reason for this, new breakthroughs allow innovation and real gamers get tired of playing the same damn multiplayer 6 games in a row.

Take armor abilities for example, i hear so many people bich about them and frankly i don't know why. They are a well thought out addition to a franchise whose multiplayer was becoming far to monotonous.

Now back to my initial point. As far as i am concerned (and i am pretty sure i will be proved correct in one year) Halo 4 either needs to go BIG, or go home. If the game releases in 2012 and is even remotely similar to halo 3 or reach, it will fail. the percentage of FPS gamers who primarily play halo has dropped exponentially over the years because everyone is going over to COD. Because, COD innovates, and when they do change up major aspects of the game, no one biches about it.

In order for Halo to reverse this trend and begin regaining players rather than losing them, Halo 4 needs to land in the bulls eye!

1. The Story mode has to Knock you off your feet when you first play it. After 6 games fighting the covenant we need a totally new enemy. one who acts and reacts completely differently.

2. The campaign needs to have complete freedom of mobility (no kill zones or 5 feet of water that you cant swim in) sort of like sky rim, where any place you can see, you can walk, drive, or fly to.

3. The scenery needs to be COMPLETELY destructible for gods sake! its pathetic that the only items you can react with are boxes, propane tanks, a alien ostriches! Trees should be destroyed by rocket launchers, windows should be broken by plasma no matter what they are made of, grass should catch fire, walls knocked in by grenades, players head shotted by infrared sniper rifles when camping behind a Sheetrock wall! Come on, i cant be the only one with this opinion!?

4. We need more insight into master chief as a person. he is one of the most blank, emotionless characters in all of gaming history in one of the top games of all time. Some flash backs to his child hood would be a nice addition.

5. Game play needs to be completely free (reach did this fairly well). If you want to drive that car, you should be able to. wanna skydive of that cliff with your jet pack, by all means go for it. wanna go swimming, sure.

6. Halo 4 needs new weapons, badly. 10 years of firing a assault rifle or plasma rifle gets real boring. It also need different vehicles.

Many of you may want to kill me after reading this, saying that i am a traitor to the franchise. But just think about it. If you loved halo 3 stop asking for it over again, go play halo 3. Stop getting stuck in past for gods sake. Open your minds to something new!

Please deliver for us 343, we all need it, even if some of us don't know it yet....

• Like 1

This was all me too brotha, but unfortunately it seems that the conservatives rule the fanbase. And I seriously now think that they may love this game and be more passionate about it than us. They really may know whats best. I do agree that Halo should keep innovating, but the truth is what happened with Reach wasn't enough and at the same it screwed over so many fans. One of the things about Halo is that it's a game where you make the game and you provide the in depth experience. You provide the details in your play style for the gameplay. You are the perk. So I think the best way for Halo to go gameplay wise is to focus on things that directly build off the key points of its core:

Weapons (includes grenades)

Bonus Gameplay Aesthetics (can branch into weapons or map control)

Map Control

Those are really the only three. And you may see how equipment in Halo 3 did branch off in the aesthetics department. Dual wielding also did so in aesthetics and weapons as well. The man cannon added a new dimension to map control. So I do agree that Halo should go big or leave the scene. We need to be careful about how we do it though.

This was all me too brotha, but unfortunately it seems that the conservatives rule the fanbase. And I seriously now think that they may love this game and be more passionate about it than us. They really may know whats best. I do agree that Halo should keep innovating, but the truth is what happened with Reach wasn't enough and at the same it screwed over so many fans. One of the things about Halo is that it's a game where you make the game and you provide the in depth experience. You provide the details in your play style for the gameplay. You are the perk. So I think the best way for Halo to go gameplay wise is to focus on things that directly build off the key points of its core:

Weapons (includes grenades)

Bonus Gameplay Aesthetics (can branch into weapons or map control)

Map Control

Those are really the only three. And you may see how equipment in Halo 3 did branch off in the aesthetics department. Dual wielding also did so in aesthetics and weapons as well. The man cannon added a new dimension to map control. So I do agree that Halo should go big or leave the scene. We need to be careful about how we do it though.

I agree completely. Halo 4 should take a leap from the classic halo, but not too big a leap. It should keep the same feel of halo 1,2,3, but not be just a remake, or like a DLC for it. It needs new, fun stuff to mess with, but not enough to drastically change the gameplay.

I wanted to rage here, but raging can be done on bungies site where everybody is retarded and all the smart and nice people have left.

There are some smart people left there, but they have an oversized stalone/arnold arm on one of the sides while the other cant lift the keyboard if you know what I mean.

But doing this would completely make the old fannies quit and create a new one that can be stolen easily by other games.

What you want is a sand box game with spartans, and going to deep in to master chiefs history would ruin him. The thing about him is that he is supposed to be the gaming worlds silent badass that nobody can tell much about, ubisoft just ruined their series the same way by revieling more about hte assassins than they should have. 343 must not do the same.

But I have a some great news for you, a fan made game will come out in 2012 called Halo: galaxy of combat, it will be a sand box.

Dont worry that it is a small team that is developing it, it was kind of the same type of team that made CE.

And the best thing is: its free.

Please everybody should read this, we need to stop posting topics on what halo 4 should and should not be, its getting receptive and its rarely something new, we should all stop posting about this, me too.

I wanted to rage here, but raging can be done on bungies site where everybody is retarded and all the smart and nice people have left.

There are some smart people left there, but they have an oversized stalone/arnold arm on one of the sides while the other cant lift the keyboard if you know what I mean.

But doing this would completely make the old fannies quit and create a new one that can be stolen easily by other games.

What you want is a sand box game with spartans, and going to deep in to master chiefs history would ruin him. The thing about him is that he is supposed to be the gaming worlds silent badass that nobody can tell much about, ubisoft just ruined their series the same way by revieling more about hte assassins than they should have. 343 must not do the same.

But I have a some great news for you, a fan made game will come out in 2012 called Halo: galaxy of combat, it will be a sand box.

Dont worry that it is a small team that is developing it, it was kind of the same type of team that made CE.

And the best thing is: its free.

Please everybody should read this, we need to stop posting topics on what halo 4 should and should not be, its getting receptive and its rarely something new, we should all stop posting about this, me too.

What i meant by "knowing more about chief" was not that i wanted to know the color of his eyes, hair, what his face looks like, etc. But for a more intimate (no pun intended) side of him. Maybe have him show some emotion or something.