I purchased my new Halo CEA today and I pop it in (elite 360), it's loading....loading....then it freezes! I tried it on my other xbox (Slim) and SAME thing! I returned it and got an exchange and the Good news was that it didn't freeze after loading! The bad news is that it freezes as I'm playing Pillar of Autumn! Also, if I pause at anytime it freezes! I Googled the problem and It looks like I am NOT the only one having these problems. Is anyone else in these forums having this problem? By freezing I mean it STOPS then FREEZES my entire consoles!

I tried a new disc, tried it on different consoles, cleared my cache, and tried installing it on the HDD (first disc froze at 3% and second keeps freezing at 38% on both consoles). Hell! I even unplugged my xbox and replugged it in! Does anyone have any clue what is going on?

Xbox Forums

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postsm375185_Freezing-issues.aspx#post375185

• Like 1

Thank you for all your ideas but none of them worked! Tried everything and then some I've read on other sites and nothing. I'm not the only one I've been reading about more people this is happening to. Maybe it is an error on some of the game discs? I've returned them 3 times now and same problem. I purchased them from Frys Electronics and they have a no return policy, only exchange. So I'm going to buy one at a walmart if the problem consists I will try to get in contact with 343i. This shouldn't be happening? If I was the only one this happened to it would be isolated but other people are having the same issue?

Thank you for all your ideas but none of them worked! Tried everything and then some I've read on other sites and nothing. I'm not the only one I've been reading about more people this is happening to. Maybe it is an error on some of the game discs? I've returned them 3 times now and same problem. I purchased them from Frys Electronics and they have a no return policy, only exchange. So I'm going to buy one at a walmart if the problem consists I will try to get in contact with 343i. This shouldn't be happening? If I was the only one this happened to it would be isolated but other people are having the same issue?

Walmart gives you three item returns per year without a receipt. Take your copy up there and tell them the xbox messed it up or its not working for some reason and you dont have the receipt because it was a gift. They will replace your copy for free. Make sure and take your Drivers license or ID card with you.

Walmart gives you three item returns per year without a receipt. Take your copy up there and tell them the xbox messed it up or its not working for some reason and you dont have the receipt because it was a gift. They will replace your copy for free. Make sure and take your Drivers license or ID card with you.

Thanks for the advice lol! I actually just went and purchased a new Halo CEA from Walmart today after I returned the game at Fryes one more time and had the SAME problem. This copy of the game is working PERFECT!! Well so far I hope I didn't speak too soon! But still seems that Frys E. recieved a bad batch? All 4 games I got from there did the same thing! This new one from Walmart works perfect and copied to my HDD just fine. I am trying to find out how to contact 343i or Microsoft Studios to try to get my money back for the one purchased at Frys since they won't give me my money back. After Googling some more about it it turns out that A LOT of people have gotten a bad copy so it seems just right that 343i would do something to compensate? Replace the game or something for it?