•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  RedStarRocket91 : (20 November 2019 - 05:03 PM) @Maestro I mean, Halo's aim assist is good, but like... it's just never going to be able to compete with a mouse for precision
@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 03:31 PM) Welcome to the forums, Lloydwem! :welcome: View Lloydwem's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 02:05 PM) Welcome to the forums, Woodrowabsemo! :welcome: View Woodrowabsemo's Profile
@  Maestro : (19 November 2019 - 12:32 PM) I'm hoping at least the campaigns and custom games are cross-platform. I've heard PC players may have an advantage with matchmaking but I'm not 100% sure about it
@  RedStarRocket91 : (18 November 2019 - 03:30 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II No clue, but I hope so
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 03:41 PM) Welcome to the forums, Skyanics! :welcome: View Skyanics's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 01:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, OksanaDek! :welcome: View OksanaDek's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 08:13 AM) Site Poll 106 is up: http://www.343indust...iring/?p=394088
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) They've done so with HW2, I'm sure they will with MCC as well.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:51 AM) @RedStarRocket91 I'm on board, will cross-platform sessions be available?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:50 AM) @Melody @Vitamin Pwn @Tommy @RedStarRocket91 Hey fam
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, Feliciabaw! :welcome: View Feliciabaw's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 03:55 PM) Welcome to the forums, leighca16! :welcome: View leighca16's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (16 November 2019 - 12:52 AM) im down to play some reach when it's out on pc
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 11:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Balkonmepgotuyj! :welcome: View Balkonmepgotuyj's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 10:37 PM) I agree
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) Scrape together everyone who's still here and just play the heck out of some customs
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) You know, once Reach comes out fully on PC, we should have a big old community event on it
@  Vitamin Pwn : (15 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) :sofa:
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 09:20 AM) Welcome to the forums, brarnette! :welcome: View brarnette's Profile

Photo

Novel Halo Game Idea

halo ring new game throwback nostalgia solo scary flood

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bobthebreadbaker

bobthebreadbaker

Grunt

• Members
  • 1 posts
Liked

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

So, some context: I've been a halo fan from the get-go. By and large, the first two games were my favorite- but ultimately, nothing surpasses that first feeling of being alone, meeting the flood, and overcoming enormous odds in an alien environment. So, one day I was reminiscing, when I thought aloud: 

I wish I could go back to that place. What would it take to go back? 

So here it is: let's say that during the timeline of Halo CE, we took the perspective of a marine. Let's say that this marine was injured, and the sole survivor of an early battle with the Covenant after landing on Installation 4. The Chief and remaining marines are long since moved-on and it's just you, this alien world, and ALL OF THE CRAP that's unleashed during MC's journey.

-So for starters, let's make the Halo ring an open world. FINALLY

-Now, let's make it an almost Tomb-Raider style survival.

-Explore and discover ancient forerunner technology to help you survive 

-Engage in guerrilla tactics on Covenant forces. It's legendary mode, all day- you're mortal, unlike the MC. 

-Utilize ancient tech to prevent infection by and defeat the flood in ridiculously awesome ways

-Have parallel encounters with the MC and perhaps save his life, all unbeknownst to him

-Survive or die in the destruction of the ring: different ending outcomes.  

-FINALLY EXPLAIN HOW SERGEANT JOHNSON LIVES

So, send this proposal to the 343 dev team, what do you say? 

#2 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:20 AM

So, some context: I've been a halo fan from the get-go. By and large, the first two games were my favorite- but ultimately, nothing surpasses that first feeling of being alone, meeting the flood, and overcoming enormous odds in an alien environment. So, one day I was reminiscing, when I thought aloud: 

I wish I could go back to that place. What would it take to go back? 

So here it is: let's say that during the timeline of Halo CE, we took the perspective of a marine. Let's say that this marine was injured, and the sole survivor of an early battle with the Covenant after landing on Installation 4. The Chief and remaining marines are long since moved-on and it's just you, this alien world, and ALL OF THE CRAP that's unleashed during MC's journey.

-So for starters, let's make the Halo ring an open world. FINALLY

-Now, let's make it an almost Tomb-Raider style survival.

-Explore and discover ancient forerunner technology to help you survive 

-Engage in guerrilla tactics on Covenant forces. It's legendary mode, all day- you're mortal, unlike the MC. 

-Utilize ancient tech to prevent infection by and defeat the flood in ridiculously awesome ways

-Have parallel encounters with the MC and perhaps save his life, all unbeknownst to him

-Survive or die in the destruction of the ring: different ending outcomes.  

-FINALLY EXPLAIN HOW SERGEANT JOHNSON LIVES

So, send this proposal to the 343 dev team, what do you say? 

Seems like a cool concept don't know how it would work in game but just for the record it has been explained how Johnson lived and alas it is in the books but the rundown is that ending is non canon and at the time of the Halo's destruction he and a few marines evacuated via Pelican and regrouped with the Master Chief.

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: halo, ring, new, game, throwback, nostalgia, solo, scary, flood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users