10 Year Anniversary Gift Ideas

Hello Shisno's,

Strange topic for this site, I know. I only signed up because I wanted to reach out to the Halo community to get my brain flowing with ideas. I am celebrating a 10 year anniversary with my significant other in September. He is a HUGE Halo fan (as most of you are haha). I have played all of the games (I started before he did) and I know much about the story and background (thanks to him talking about it). We (un-originally) call each other Master Chief and Cortana. It fits me perfectly because I kind of look like her: hair style, voice modeled after a doctor, facial structure, skin tone…you know ……live in a helmet attaching to neuropathways XD

ANYWAY….stupidity aside

For ten years I have planned every gift/celebration to the minute (my-nute) detail, but, my brain is pooped and I have lost my creative mojo (or just used up all the good gift ideas). Last year for our 9th anniversary, I was able to get him to meet Jen Taylor and Steve Downs with signatures, pictures and all. I feel like I topped out on my gifts for him…..I have given him everything awesome/thoughtful that you can think of. I want to do something simple….but I also want to do something memorable for our 10 year anniversary  ^_^

SO, I went to Halo Waypoint to shop…..I literally put almost everything in the cart (by the way, money is not a barrier, no children, high paying jobs, secure assets/finances = more spending). But I feel it doesn’t have the same weight I want to deliver.

I am also an artist and thought of making a picture….but I have done that already…several times. One idea I had, was, to combine all our geeky identifiable couples into one and have it form a favorite picture of ours that we took at Disneyland….. I always try to throw something deeply personal into my gifts/surprises. After all these years he should know by now that I like to deceive with materials or events.

I also thought “343 STUDIOS!”  but, I did research and saw that you have to be invited or something like that  <_<

I want it to be halo inspired. If any of you can provide some ideas, that would be awesome! I am still going to make it personal, that part is not for anyone to plan or think of. I just need a little kick to get my creative juices going.

Edited by Halo6 Follower
Removed very minor language.
  • Like 2

Have you done T-shirts?

Get Halo Font, maybe "Her Master Chief" and "His Cortana" with an Installation/Ring in the background or something Halo-esque. 

(I'm sure a Graphic Design place could do this easily for you.)

If all else fails, you can totally just buy him a Gun Prop of his favorite weapon?

• Like 2

One thing that looks really amazing is certain custom-made decorative props. Maybe look into getting him some sort of replica from the games, I know small-time artists on Etsy do them, or you could get something official from Tri-Force, they make some sweet Plasma Rifles.

Posters and stuff are also neat, so, keep that in mind.

Awesome post to see, I am amazed that you two would have such a love for each other and for this game. Hope everything pans out well. 

• Like 2

Was not expecting to see a post like this haha. What an  awesome relationship!

It's a bit of a weird idea, but you could try to have a head mould of your significant other made, and then use that to order a custom-made Master Chief helmet?     

hahaha I know, its not a topic that is normally discussed on forums. I told him I reached to the interwebs for ideas and he started laughing. He thinks I'm on reddit asking people for ideas mwhahahaha

haha that's actually a good idea, he wouldn't ask why I'm molding his head...I have done it before for a piece I made. I do have a friend that goes to comic-con in a new custom/self-made Spartan suit every year.

I will definitely give it some thought

Have you done T-shirts?

Get Halo Font, maybe "Her Master Chief" and "His Cortana" with an Installation/Ring in the background or something Halo-esque. 

(I'm sure a Graphic Design place could do this easily for you.)

If all else fails, you can totally just buy him a Gun Prop of his favorite weapon?

That I haven't done yet.... I was saving that for our honeymoon. But, you did give me an idea of how I wanted the shirts haha, I was stuck on that one for a bit. 

I can definitely design that and get it printed. Thank You!!!

hahaha right, I would just have to be creative with the delivery of said items. A few people have sent me links to places that sell the replica's. I even found an airsoft gun that is a replica of the assault rifle (his favorite weapon).

• Like 2

hahaha I know, its not a topic that is normally discussed on forums. I told him I reached to the interwebs for ideas and he started laughing. He thinks I'm on reddit asking people for ideas mwhahahaha

haha that's actually a good idea, he wouldn't ask why I'm molding his head...I have done it before for a piece I made. I do have a friend that goes to comic-con in a new custom/self-made Spartan suit every year.

I will definitely give it some thought

That I haven't done yet.... I was saving that for our honeymoon. But, you did give me an idea of how I wanted the shirts haha, I was stuck on that one for a bit. 

I can definitely design that and get it printed. Thank You!!!

hahaha right, I would just have to be creative with the delivery of said items. A few people have sent me links to places that sell the replica's. I even found an airsoft gun that is a replica of the assault rifle (his favorite weapon).

Glad you liked the idea! 

BoomCo would be the best place to get the Assault Rifle imo. They're officially partnered with 343 Industries, and they have their very own Lawn Dart Assault Rifle!! (It's also in Halo 5 as a weapon skin)

• Like 1

One thing that looks really amazing is certain custom-made decorative props. Maybe look into getting him some sort of replica from the games, I know small-time artists on Etsy do them, or you could get something official from Tri-Force, they make some sweet Plasma Rifles.

Posters and stuff are also neat, so, keep that in mind.

Awesome post to see, I am amazed that you two would have such a love for each other and for this game. Hope everything pans out well. 

He only has one replica I bought for him for one of the many holiday's we had haha. I will definitely look into more replicas! Thank You!

I don't know what poster he doesn't have haha. He usually goes to buy them as soon as they come out.....Maybe I should finish one of my digital drawings so he can have a personal one of a kind poster...or printed on a gallery canvas AND get him a replica. 

Haha, thank you :awesome: It's surprising, when we met in High School he had no clue that I knew about Halo and played more than him (at that time). He was going on about Halo 2 when I was already at 3 hahaha I didn't tell him until I bought him a special edition copy. 

• Like 2