Halo 5 split screen

Hawkins21

I know I'm late to the party. I just received a XBox one and I love the system setup so far. I grabbbed Halo 5 because I love this franchise. I got it so I could play with my son and friends because of the dual campaign and the battle royals we would setup with the older games. I wait for the download, which don't get me started on that, select the game and prepare to start playing with my son. I start searching and reading and come to find out it's only dual campaign through Xbox live with online friends. I can't do it with a friend or my son next to me. COME ON 343!!!! I'm disappointed, I understand online gaming is hugely popular. But what about the fathers, like me that are sharing these things with their sons. That only have one system in the home. That play and joke about screen cheating, or talk about strategies on how to make it to the next level. That spend the extra money for 4 controllers so all my kids can play at once. This is a rant but I don't know how to let Microsoft or 343 industries know how I feel.

Thank you all for letting me Rant.

• Like 2

You are a bit late to the party I'm afraid. It is true that splitscreen is not supporten in Halo 5 in any way.

But don't worry, about a million people already spammed the Halowaypoint (official) forum about how upset they were about this decision.

There isn't much you can do individually at this point but hope that they'll reconsider splitscreen in Halo 6.

I know I'm late to the party. I just received a XBox one and I love the system setup so far. I grabbbed Halo 5 because I love this franchise. I got it so I could play with my son and friends because of the dual campaign and the battle royals we would setup with the older games. I wait for the download, which don't get me started on that, select the game and prepare to start playing with my son. I start searching and reading and come to find out it's only dual campaign through Xbox live with online friends. I can't do it with a friend or my son next to me. COME ON 343!!!! I'm disappointed, I understand online gaming is hugely popular. But what about the fathers, like me that are sharing these things with their sons. That only have one system in the home. That play and joke about screen cheating, or talk about strategies on how to make it to the next level. That spend the extra money for 4 controllers so all my kids can play at once. This is a rant but I don't know how to let Microsoft or 343 industries know how I feel.

Thank you all for letting me Rant.

I completely understand you it sucks and 343 are stupid for doing it. Only thing I can say is due to poor sales numbers (and one of the factors being no split screen) I'm pretty sure Halo 6 will have it included. I mean 343 can't be that dumb can they... Can they?

I completely understand you it sucks and 343 are stupid for doing it. Only thing I can say is due to poor sales numbers (and one of the factors being no split screen) I'm pretty sure Halo 6 will have it included. I mean 343 can't be that dumb can they... Can they?

Halo 5 has outsold other Halos. As for 343 being stupid, splitscreen is a much loved feature and I admit I am annoyed because of it. However, if you see reason, splitscreen has declined in popularity since Halo 3 and Reach. It's not used by as many anymore so they removed it.

It should be in Halo 6 for sure but you have to understand why it was removed.

Halo 5 has outsold other Halos.

Actually, there's an awful lot of evidence that Halo 5 has actually been the worst-selling Halo game to date. Obviously due to the increasing rate of digital downloads and Microsoft being evasive with sales figures it's difficult to pin down exactly how much by, but the linked post gives a well-reasoned argument with good supporting evidence.

Vaguely OT: the lack of splitscreen sucks. Worse is that beyond the campaign there's absolutely NOTHING that can be played offline. You can't load the theatre; you can't play a solo Warzone game; you can't muck around in Forge; you can't even run around by yourself in a custom game map. If you don't have Gold, or an internet connection, there's literally nothing in the game except the campaign, and that's so poor that I can't imagine many people wanting to go back and replay it.

I used to really love playing splitscreen with my brother, or my friends: more than that, some of my best memories of Halo are the LAN parties I used to play with my band, where we'd grab a pizza and a few beers and just sit and play splitscreen or customs for hours on end. Halo 6 is going to have to do a lot to convince me to buy it after how disappointed I was with 5, but actually allowing offline players to play the damn game would go a long way to boosting my opinion.

• Like 1

Actually, there's an awful lot of evidence that Halo 5 has actually been the worst-selling Halo game to date. Obviously due to the increasing rate of digital downloads and Microsoft being evasive with sales figures it's difficult to pin down exactly how much by, but the linked post gives a well-reasoned argument with good supporting evidence.

That post uses an unreliable source for sales figures. http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Halo

That's a reliable source and you can clearly see that Halo 5 has indeed outsold other Halo games. Any Google search I have done on the topic returns Bungie bashers rants or articles saying it's "the worst selling Halo game in Japan."

If that reflects real sales figures then we might as well guesstimate it for every series then.

That post uses an unreliable source for sales figures. http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Halo

That's a reliable source and you can clearly see that Halo 5 has indeed outsold other Halo games.

Okay, I'll accept that's a reliable source. But while it shows that Halo 5 has outsold other Halo games, those games it sold better than are WarsAnniversary, and the MCC.

Or in other words, it's sold fewer copies than any of the main series to date, and barely half as many as Halo 4.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...