The Best & WORST 1 - Halo Spartans

I_Make_Big_Boom

oBxT9h7.png

Heyo, welcome to The Best & WORST!  B) 

As you can see, this is a new series. "What kind of series?" you ask? Well, one where I ask 2 questions about a certain series or subject. Like:

What is the Best Halo comic? What is the WORST Halo comic?

Got it? OK, good, let's begin with a (hopefully) enthralling subject to get those mental gears turning...

CXIMtKY.png

Who is the Best Spartan in Halo?

&

Who is the WORST Spartan in Halo?

Whether or not The Best & WORST will continue is up to you guys, but if it WILL continue you may post some suggestions on what the NEXT Best & WORST should be about!

SD, out!  :split:
  • Like 3

The best Spartan is hard to say. For me it's a tie between Chief and Locke. They both are clearly skilled in combat and hand to hand. They both work well with the team and their team's are good too.

The worst Spartan has to be Buck. He's annoying, boring and their just for fan service. He cracks so called "funny" jokes constantly as he's always done. He's got absolutely zero reason to be a Spartan and honestly, Thorne shouldn't have been replaced.

• Like 2

The worst Spartan has to be Buck. He's annoying, boring and their just for fan service. He cracks so called "funny" jokes constantly as he's always done. He's got absolutely zero reason to be a Spartan and honestly, Thorne shouldn't have been replaced.

I agree, I also wish they had kept Thorne on the team. His relationship with Chief was very interesting, and to see his reactions to one of his "idols" would make for great narrative.

Buck should've retired after ODST.

• Like 2

For the best Spartan, I have to give it to the good ol' Master Chief. No one has saved humanity as many times as him, and to still be alive and kicking to this day is a testament to his effectiveness in combat.

For the worst, I say Kat. It's not because of what she did to try and save Reach; she did what she had to, given the circumstances. It's because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZlvBxyyT4Y&t=26s

• Like 5

I'm gonna break from the general consensus a bit here, and say Jorge for the best Spartan. He's just generally an incredibly kind and selfless person: when Noble Team gets jumped by the Zealots in the Visegrad Relay, despite the fact that he's the closest one to them and so in the most immediate danger literally the first thing he does is throw himself on top of the civilian to shield her with his own body. When the Covenant in there have been dealt with, he's the only one to take his helmet off and try to comfort her. Not to mention he's the most friendly of all Noble Team toward six, and its only member to be noticeably distressed over the course of the campaign when Dot picks up on his vital signs rising. Plus, when the time comes for someone to stay with the slipspace bomb, even though he's stood right next to a Spartan-III - who I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone are literally trained with the intention of being disposable - he doesn't even offer to draw straws or flip a coin on it, he just volunteers immediately.

For the worst Spartan... it's a call between Emile and Tanaka. Tanaka isn't really all that bad as she is horribly bland, undercharacterised and underdeveloped, and while that's pretty much par for the course in Halo 5 she had by far the least amount of screentime in the rest of the expanded universe to make up for it. Overall though I think I'm going to have to go with Emile. His attitude of superiority, coupled with the fact that his AI is so terrible at using his shotgun making him by far the least useful member of Noble Team, makes him come across as all style and no substance (particularly coupled with that ridiculous helmet), and the fact that he's by far the nastiest Spartan when it comes to interacting with civilians really doesn't help.

• Like 3

Best Spartan has gotta be John-117. Even if the games stop following him, we won't be done with his story. I mean unless the games resolve his story in one campaign and kill him... But my answer stands. 

Worst Spartan in gamplay is definitely Emile. I just remember him shooting a Wraith from a different section of the map on Legendary while I fought it alone. In the story, I'd have to give it to Mickey for his betrayal.

• Like 1