Halo 3 MLG memories

Botheredhat360

I like how much more humble it looks compared to the Halo tournaments today. People lose their minds over a simple Rocket Launcher Double Kill whereas nowadays people barely let out a "meh" and a slowclap when the same thing happens.

Also was the quality of the stream always that blurry or is it because it's probably the copy of a copy of a copy?

I felt the nostalgia of hype plays in my chest watching this. I think the reason why things have changed so much in Halo is because of large mechanic changes. Using P34nut's example, People don't care about double kills with rockets or even double kills in general because the power weapons in Halo 5 are very easy to use compared to the older Halo games.

MLG used to be something else back in the day and I remember being at Meadowlands in 09. The HCS Vegas event was a good start and the NA Pro League finals sparked some good interest in competitive Halo for new players. 2017 can be really good or the end of Halo 5 depending on how the cards are played.