How can Halo be on top of the world again?

PHIL0S0PHY

That's a good question. Halo isn't as easy as CoD and Battlefield to produce. CoD can churn out content every year with great profit. Battlefield can do the same with bigger gaps.

Then we get to Halo. It's done in huge gaps, generally 4 or so years between main installments. It's hard to keep interest going for that long with competitors releasing more games. Especially recently with the split in the community it's very difficult.

What I think is that 343 should wait until they have finished the game before release. The constant updates with Halo 5 really was bad. There should also be two separate sections of multiplayer. One for Spartan abilities and one with standard, no sprint game play.

Forge ON LAUNCH. Hands down, this is obvious.

The Campaign should be Halo 3 scale but the AI war that's coming.

Warzone should return without the beat boxing spawn camping or any Whiskey. And the REQ system. It should come back but some exclusive Campaign armours and such from the original three games.

I'm not sure if I missed anything here but that's what needs to happen in my opinion.

Halo needs to bring both sides of the community back together. We need to make common ground to satisfy both. This pointless bickering over everything needs to stop we've torn ourselves apart and only we can mend it with 343s help.

I don't want this to die, not yet anyway.

That's a good question. Halo isn't as easy as CoD and Battlefield to produce. CoD can churn out content every year with great profit. Battlefield can do the same with bigger gaps.

Then we get to Halo. It's done in huge gaps, generally 4 or so years between main installments. It's hard to keep interest going for that long with competitors releasing more games. Especially recently with the split in the community it's very difficult.

What I think is that 343 should wait until they have finished the game before release. The constant updates with Halo 5 really was bad. There should also be two separate sections of multiplayer. One for Spartan abilities and one with standard, no sprint game play.

Forge ON LAUNCH. Hands down, this is obvious.

The Campaign should be Halo 3 scale but the AI war that's coming.

Warzone should return without the beat boxing spawn camping or any Whiskey. And the REQ system. It should come back but some exclusive Campaign armours and such from the original three games.

I'm not sure if I missed anything here but that's what needs to happen in my opinion.

Halo needs to bring both sides of the community back together. We need to make common ground to satisfy both. This pointless bickering over everything needs to stop we've torn ourselves apart and only we can mend it with 343s help.

I don't want this to die, not yet anyway.

You said everything to make it a complete and a good Halo, but part of what I'm talking is also making it top dog again, doing all of that will make it sell better than 5, but probably not better than other shooters like COD or Battlefield.

You said everything to make it a complete and a good Halo, but part of what I'm talking is also making it top dog again, doing all of that will make it sell better than 5, but probably not better than other shooters like COD or Battlefield.

Well isn't that basically paradoxical. He gave his answer didn't he and it was a good one so I don't see how that couldn't have a chance. Unless your Bethesda you don't make millions by making bad games.

Though actually I don't think Halo can ever be top of the world again. With everything else that's out there now and all the competition. Halo's going to be stuck as a B list franchise on the Xbox that's never going to be going anywhere. Personally I think the only way to save is for it to go full third party.

Well isn't that basically paradoxical. He gave his answer didn't he and it was a good one so I don't see how that couldn't have a chance. Unless your Bethesda you don't make millions by making bad games.

Though actually I don't think Halo can ever be top of the world again. With everything else that's out there now and all the competition. Halo's going to be stuck as a B list franchise on the Xbox that's never going to be going anywhere. Personally I think the only way to save is for it to go full third party.

I was just seeing what he thought, probing him more for discussion.

Halo is a good game, I think if it retains more of it's identity, remains more unique, but also advance in gaming and shooters as a whole, than it can start to be on top again.

I do want to start to not just be on Xbox, it should be on PC and PS as well.

I was just seeing what he thought, probing him more for discussion.

Halo is a good game, I think if it retains more of it's identity, remains more unique, but also advance in gaming and shooters as a whole, than it can start to be on top again.

I do want to start to not just be on Xbox, it should be on PC and PS as well.

I disagree. Unless it goes multiconsole theres no hope and Halo will die. Halo 5 had the poorest sales numbers of any game since Halo CE. There is simply no market for Halo anymore with it just being on Xbox.

I disagree. Unless it goes multiconsole theres no hope and Halo will die. Halo 5 had the poorest sales numbers of any game since Halo CE. There is simply no market for Halo anymore with it just being on Xbox.

That's what I mean I want it to be on PlayStation and PC, what are you disagreeing with?

That's what I mean I want it to be on PlayStation and PC, what are you disagreeing with?

"Halo is a good game, I think if it retains more of it's identity, remains more unique, but also advance in gaming and shooters as a whole, than it can start to be on top again."

This I just don't think Halo has a market anymore. Especially if it tries to do all this. Halo changing with the times hasn't worked at all. Halo 5 proves this. Halo really needs to go back to relative basics I think to survive.

• Like 1

"Halo is a good game, I think if it retains more of it's identity, remains more unique, but also advance in gaming and shooters as a whole, than it can start to be on top again."

This I just don't think Halo has a market anymore. Especially if it tries to do all this. Halo changing with the times hasn't worked at all. Halo 5 proves this. Halo really needs to go back to relative basics I think to survive.

I want it go back to have more of it's roots, but also advance. Like what happened from Halo 2 to 3. It's the same game, but 3 has new things like forge, theater, file share, and stuff like that.

The game play needs to be what Halo is, which isn't what Halo 5 is. But I mean more tools for the community, new game types(while keeping the old) new creative ways to do forge and custom games. More freedom in what we can do with forge, or even release mod tools which would be awesome.

That's what I mean. When Halo 3 had forge, theater, and fileshsre, that was revolutionary and new to Halo, and that in itself doesn't make it bad. Halo 3 ODST had firefight, which I'd something that was new to halo at the time which is awesome. I want new things in that vain.

Something that Halo needs, which it is behind times in is a mode to fight spartan bots on custom games, that could a simple new addition to Halo which could add a lot of new and cool custom game and forge options, without removing the identity of Halo.

I want it go back to have more of it's roots, but also advance. Like what happened from Halo 2 to 3. It's the same game, but 3 has new things like forge, theater, file share, and stuff like that.

The game play needs to be what Halo is, which isn't what Halo 5 is. But I mean more tools for the community, new game types(while keeping the old) new creative ways to do forge and custom games. More freedom in what we can do with forge, or even release mod tools which would be awesome.

That's what I mean. When Halo 3 had forge, theater, and fileshsre, that was revolutionary and new to Halo, and that in itself doesn't make it bad. Halo 3 ODST had firefight, which I'd something that was new to halo at the time which is awesome. I want new things in that vain.

Something that Halo needs, which it is behind times in is a mode to fight spartan bots on custom games, that could a simple new addition to Halo which could add a lot of new and cool custom game and forge options, without removing the identity of Halo.

Yeah now you've explained it I can actually agree with that. Good point. Advance but not in a way that changes things if that makes sense.

• Like 1

Yeah now you've explained it I can actually agree with that. Good point. Advance but not in a way that changes things if that makes sense.

Yes, keep it's identity.

If it does change up the gameplay significantly, have it be a spin off like Halo Wars, and not the main installment.

• Like 1

They just need to tone down the scale, and return to a more "intimate" setting. Not like Halo 4, Requiem felt like a drop in the bucket. The place had no impact on the story other than being the prison for the Didact. They could've set the game on any planet really, and it would've worked. The worlds in Halo 5 also had no impact, and again were merely the locations of "evil" and super-weapons.

Don't over-complicate things, and ramp up the stakes. Take a note from Resident Evil 7, 343.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think can be done to put Halo on top again? What unique and new game design do you think can be done? Do you think Halo 6 can be the new cutting edge, and use the old style as well to appease the old Halo fans?

Halo 5 For PC needs to be setup like Halo Combat Evolved! PERIOD! Bungie got it right the first time!