Alternative to reqs and rank system

PHIL0S0PHY

There should be 2 leveling systems, a skill based one, and an experience based one.

The skill system should be numerical, basically like from H2 and 3. If it isn't broken why fix it?

You should go up in rank if you win games, and go down if you lose. Also the skill system should be seen in game, and not just on way point

The casual can be the current system, or it could be like reach.

Each ranking system should be used for getting different armor, skins, and variants.

The skill system would allow you to earn armor by going up in rank, each new rank would have different sets of unlocks you can use. None of these unlocks should have effects on gameplay, or at least if they do, shouldn't be used in ranked if it does.

In the casual system you would get armor by how much you play, or the credits you earn to buy the unlocks. None of the variants earned in this system, if it has effect in gameplay, should be able to be used in ranked playlists.

There would also probably be another set of unlocks you can buy, which should should not include any from the unlocks I mentioned before, and should not have effect in gameplay. You should be able to pick out and buy them randomly, and not have it be random.

This is all my opinion, if you disagree let me me know, if you would change anything let me know.

Also, a little extra, a little more spice. There should be multiple playlists, and each playlist should have different unlocks as well, but should still follow the format I made above. Of course some would be skill based and some casual. Like grifball playlists should have specific unlocks, while btb have different ones.

• Like 1

As much as I agree with what your saying I do have to point out a problem with Getting deranked in Halo 3 there were certain armors you could only unlock once you hit a certain Rank but if you got deRanked then you lost that armor I disliked that feature in Halo 3 I believe they should use a similar Ranking system to Halo Reach. As for the Req System I think it should only be used for Vehicles and Weapons. I believe players should earn their armor, VISOR, and weapon skins through purchase with credits or unlock through Challenges.

• Like 1

As much as I agree with what your saying I do have to point out a problem with Getting deranked in Halo 3 there were certain armors you could only unlock once you hit a certain Rank but if you got deRanked then you lost that armor I disliked that feature in Halo 3 I believe they should use a similar Ranking system to Halo Reach. As for the Req System I think it should only be used for Vehicles and Weapons. I believe players should earn their armor, VISOR, and weapon skins through purchase with credits or unlock through Challenges.

I just meant the skill ranking system itself

Oh that system...that makes sense. I feel dumb...Lol

Also my bad for misinterpreting your discussion.

So do you mean a system like Bronze division, Silver Division, Gold Division, Platinum Division, and Onyx Division?

I want two types of ranking systems.

A skill based, where you win to rank. Ideally it would be like Halo 3 ranking, 1-50.

The casual can really be anything, it could be what is currently in Halo 5, or preferable the system in Reach.

By unlockable I mean like armor, skins, weapon variants, and such

For one, the Halo 2 and 3 ranking was terrible. It ruined the fun of playing online as you could never rank up without full time MLG pro gaming.

Halo 5 is much easier to rank up in and you can do it alone. This season I ranked Platinum 6 and I've ranked up to Diamond 4 on my own. It's much much more enjoyable.

The Reach system was terrible. Earn credits to unlock armour that is overly priced and locked behind a ridiculously high credit threshold to rank up. There was also way too much to purchase anyway, a lot of it ugly.

For one, the Halo 2 and 3 ranking was terrible. It ruined the fun of playing online as you could never rank up without full time MLG pro gaming.

Halo 5 is much easier to rank up in and you can do it alone. This season I ranked Platinum 6 and I've ranked up to Diamond 4 on my own. It's much much more enjoyable.

The Reach system was terrible. Earn credits to unlock armour that is overly priced and locked behind a ridiculously high credit threshold to rank up. There was also way too much to purchase anyway, a lot of it ugly.

That is why I said 2 leveling systems.

The skill based are for those who are competitive and good, you have to try and do well. The skill based system isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to be difficult. You have to practice and improve, that's why it's not for everyone.

The casual is for those who either aren't great or just want to play casually, I don't care what it is, I reference reach as an example, I don't think it's good, but the only point of casual is really just keep the players having fun and playing.

That is why I said 2 leveling systems.

The skill based are for those who are competitive and good, you have to try and do well. The skill based system isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to be difficult. You have to practice and improve, that's why it's not for everyone.

The casual is for those who either aren't great or just want to play casually, I don't care what it is, I reference reach as an example, I don't think it's good, but the only point of casual is really just keep the players having fun and playing.

I know the point of the skill system but the one you proposed is tried and tested. A much better system is needed. Maybe something along the lines of doing some placement matches then getting a number between 1 and 10. You then have a certain CSR rating to reach before reaching the next number. If you lose you can still rank up if you perform well.

I know the point of the skill system but the one you proposed is tried and tested. A much better system is needed. Maybe something along the lines of doing some placement matches then getting a number between 1 and 10. You then have a certain CSR rating to reach before reaching the next number. If you lose you can still rank up if you perform well.

The only flaws I can think of really is that if your doing team based you will be brought down by a team with bad players, and a easy fix would be if you have positive kd you should still go up, but otherwise I think it is good, and it should be difficult to rank up.