"Official" Halo Anniversary Thread- Your thoughts

DerpWithAGun

I am wondering if anyone knows this but, is it possible for 343 to release an update that will change the sound of the magnum when it shoots? It would be cool if it sounded like the Halo anniversary campaign magnum. And also they should put zero bloom into multiplayer its better.

EDIT: Also remove the DMR totally from anniversary gametypes. :)

Absolutely perfect!

I played the original Halo CE back when I was only 6 years old with my Dad and it has an incredible sentimental value to me.

Over the last 10 years Halo has grown into a bit of an obsession for me and the moment I picked up my Anniversary edition at the midnight release I was immensely excited and as soon as I got home and popped it in I was thrown into a nostalgia trip and the ability to change back and forth on the graphics was really fun for me.

Long story short, an easy 10/10!

Well i`d love to take part in this thread but since my xbox cant read the update data from the disc.. its back to mu original Halo CE.

After reading some of the posts in this thread, i have to say i dont care for the multiplayer maps or online gamming for me its all

about the campaign and co-op. If these are as true as they seem from my reading then i`ll be happy when i can get the oppertunity

to play the blinking game..... Grunts gona pay for this big time tonight GrrrrrrrrLoL

I do have a question in the meantime...Assult on the control room level... Can you still steal the elites banshee and procced further in the level as you could do on the original HCE?

Im not sure if i missed something but why is it that we cant have the Halo CEA multiplayer maps, with the original pistol and no bloom? It would almost be like the TU Beta but with new maps and a different pistol. If we can get the ability to make changes for custom games...cool. But why not put it into matchmaking? Just like halo 1 (almost). It seems like they are so close with the TU beta.

I have no real complaints about the game really other than has anyone else had trouble in the co-op campaign with in middle of a game the host says restart mission and he restarts but the other player does not. It’s so far happened every time I have done this. I haven’t tried to see if it does it with local games though I doubt it would but it has done it on all my live co-op so far.

let you all know I have always been a huge socom 1 & 2 fan/ halo hater

I played alot of lan parties with my halo fanatical friends and made fun of

"their game"

but I played it with them and against them

because what other game could you lan back in 2002/3 having multiple people on 1 to 2 tvs

plus lan parties are fun no matter the game.

that being said

I come here to let you guys know you should be thankful to have halo anniversary,

343 i did an awesome job remaking the game

keeping the game the same

but updating the graphics and giving you more features and options,

and for only $40,

its great to have a "new" 1st person shooter to play without aim down sights,

weapon progression, sprint button and all that other bs,

also coming from this longtime socom fan since 2002

I am jealous of you guys,

"my game"

socom us navy seals

has been such a dumbed down franchise over the years

and the latest installment done by the original creators of socom

( zipper)

socom 4 does not even have anything from the original socom franchise ( ps2 socoms) in it..

I didnt buy that game but I bought this one,

lol if I saw myself 8 years ago buying a halo game and not a socom in the same release year

I would say it never happen..

I give the game a 10/10 for staying true to its origins

and true to its fanbase it garnered 10 years ago,

congrats to you halo fans who have had minor ups and downs throuout your franchises many iterations

but here you are with the roots of your franchise,

I really do envy you guys and wish 343i could do the same with socom 1-

released august 27th 2002 the first online shooter on a console... rip socom,

I hope halo 4 is everything you guys want it to be,

seems sony has dropped the ball repeatedly for me

but microsoft- who I once despised -is just getting better...

see you guys on the battlefield Mr Schnookumz my xbl tag DLTCH - my psn

Horrible. Campaign is the only pro to this game. What autistic developer would use the same multiplayer from one horrible game, and put it onto a re-make? It's called ANNIVERSARY, not REACH. Either the creaters are either stupid or lazy, no wonder it is only 40 bucks, its just the campaign of Halo CE attached to Reach multiplayer. Most true Halo fans stopped playing Halo after Reach. All of them stopped after this disappointment. I have grown up on Halo, since I was 5, loved it since. But when Reach came out, I was very disappointed and wondered why Bungie would screw up Halo. Warily I continued in my slight interest in the Halo series, awaiting for Anniversary's revival. Alas there was no such thing, only hatred and disappointment swelled up inside me. I now have no interest in Halo at all, in any context other than the ORIGINAL three. I hope you enjoyed being either stupid or lazy, because you have lost many, many of your true fans and replaced them with 8-10 year-olds who are too immature to play any other game. Maybe, if Bungie understands that 343 is a horrible company and cannot continue Halo without ruining it, they might pause their contract with Activision and actually finish out their series like men and NOT disappoint every true fan of Halo. The reason I'm calling true fans by what what I am is because those 8-10 year-old, prepubescent's think they are Halo fans because they play Reach, or now in this case, AnniversaReach. They are not fans; they are posers. I stand up for all my fellow true fans who have faithfully played, and beaten the Halo games since the start. We deserve better than this game. CE: Anniversary needs CE: ANNIVERSARY MULTIPLAYER, not some cheap add-on to Reach.

I have PM'd this member. If you do respond to this post, keep the responses clean. Do not escalate this any further.

I have edited two or three words out that were above the need to get the point across. Absolute Dog

• Like 1

My first impression of this game was that it was beautiful! i love the campaign and the only things i wish they would fix in it are the vehicle physics, after playing reach, the controls for the warthog are less than satisfactory.

The multi player maps are gorgeous as well. Sometimes when i play on ridge line i feel like dropping my weapon and going camping.

That being said, the new sky boxes are by far the best additions, high noons sky box is absolutely EPIC!!!

One thing Ive noticed is that the maps without armor abilities (timberland instead of ridge line) have WAY more power weapons.

Ridge line has 2 snipers, 2 rockets, and 1 spartan laser, while timberland has 4 snipers, 2 rockets, 1 spartan laser, 2 fuel rod guns, and 2 grenade launchers. Isn't this kinda contradictory? i would think they would put more weapons on the maps that allowed armor abilities so you would have a better chance of surviving them.

A con of multiplayer is the magnum, seriously, 3 shot kill!? its a noob weapon. About a year ago i watched a bungie vid doc where bungie explained that when they were making reach, they tried to balance the weapons so that no one weapon is effective in all situations. This is why in my opinion, reach's multiplayer was so good, (except for armor lock). 343 totally screwed this over with the magnum. if anything, its magazine should be reduced, damage reduced to 4 shots, or rate of fire slowed significantly.

The population asked for the return of the high powered magnum and they got it, they asked for armor lock to be weakened they got it. Now they've done it people still complain lol.

As for bringing another multiplayer platform out why? It would kill off Reach after 14 months. And Halo 4 is out in 12 months. They gave us CEA as a thank you and a celebration of 10 years of Halo, and they threw in a bundle of rebuilt maps from old halo games personally I say thank you 343.

My first impression of this game was that it was beautiful! i love the campaign and the only things i wish they would fix in it are the vehicle physics, after playing reach, the controls for the warthog are less than satisfactory.

The multi player maps are gorgeous as well. Sometimes when i play on ridge line i feel like dropping my weapon and going camping.

That being said, the new sky boxes are by far the best additions, high noons sky box is absolutely EPIC!!!

One thing Ive noticed is that the maps without armor abilities (timberland instead of ridge line) have WAY more power weapons.

Ridge line has 2 snipers, 2 rockets, and 1 spartan laser, while timberland has 4 snipers, 2 rockets, 1 spartan laser, 2 fuel rod guns, and 2 grenade launchers. Isn't this kinda contradictory? i would think they would put more weapons on the maps that allowed armor abilities so you would have a better chance of surviving them.

A con of multiplayer is the magnum, seriously, 3 shot kill!? its a noob weapon. About a year ago i watched a bungie vid doc where bungie explained that when they were making reach, they tried to balance the weapons so that no one weapon is effective in all situations. This is why in my opinion, reach's multiplayer was so good, (except for armor lock). 343 totally screwed this over with the magnum. if anything, its magazine should be reduced, damage reduced to 4 shots, or rate of fire slowed significantly.

you're an idiot. the 3 shot magnum is and will always be the best part of any halo. Now if they just take off bloom so we can pistol each other across the map at hang'em like the gold old days.

you're an idiot. the 3 shot magnum is and will always be the best part of any halo. Now if they just take off bloom so we can pistol each other across the map at hang'em like the gold old days.

They should not remove the bullet spread, because the CE pistol had bullet spread. Removing it, in a sense, makes it less like the original magnum. The "bloom" that you're referring to is bullet spread, and it helps to kind of balance out the weapon being overpowered.

They should not remove the bullet spread, because the CE pistol had bullet spread. Removing it, in a sense, makes it less like the original magnum. The "bloom" that you're referring to is bullet spread, and it helps to kind of balance out the weapon being overpowered.

It did have bullet spread, but not even close to the amount in reach. The bullets stayed within your reticle, it just moved around within it. Tell me you can 3 shot someone across hang'em in anniversary with out waiting till the "bullet spread" goes back to normal in between each shot because i certainly can not

It did have bullet spread, but not even close to the amount in reach. The bullets stayed within your reticle, it just moved around within it. Tell me you can 3 shot someone across hang'em in anniversary with out waiting till the "bullet spread" goes back to normal in between each shot because i certainly can not

Totally agree. The 3 shot pistol made Halo so much fun. And it is definitely not a "noob" weapon.

Also i realize that we did get some of the things that we asked for as Spectral Jester pointed out. but we did not get Halo CE matchmaking. Dont get me wrong, I love the new maps they are great. But to many things have changed from the original to this "Anniversary" edition.

something that really dissapointed me was that when you switch back to the old graphics, the music and sound effects dont change as well. strike one, 343. anyways sabre did a great job overhauling the graphics, and the multiplayer maps are amazing. MAKE MORE FIREFIGHT MAPS!!!

something that really dissapointed me was that when you switch back to the old graphics, the music and sound effects dont change as well. strike one, 343. anyways sabre did a great job overhauling the graphics, and the multiplayer maps are amazing. MAKE MORE FIREFIGHT MAPS!!!

Actually, you can set the music to remastered or classic but you'll have to do it manually.

I've got to say, they did do a good job on the graphics. :clap:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...