What are your earliest Halo 2 experiences and memories?

PHIL0S0PHY

Having my two friends come over with their Xbox in 2004 or 05, and them loading up the first mission of Halo 2. I was in utter disbelief at what I was seeing - I had not even heard of Halo at that time, let alone Xbox. 

They let me borrow their Xbox & Halo 2 (the Limited Edition version), and I played that crap for weeks on end.

• Like 1

Jackals... Jackals with Sniper Rifles...

The way I discovered it kinda speaks for itself.

Also breaking out of the maps was a fun way to pass the time when you played through the campaign for the tenth time. And getting skulls!

I was 9 years old when Halo 2 was released, but I didn't officially play it until 2005. (My step-brother owned an original Xbox and he would let us watch him play, but he'd get grumpy if we played it.. Not much of a sharer...) However my friend had Halo 2 at his house so we would all come over and play together! ^_^ I was terrible and died ALOT! :D Eventually my step-brother got bored of playing by himself so he would occasionally ask me if I wanted to play or join him, it was fun while it lasted.. we had Xbox Live for about a year and a half or so, mom shut off the internet because brother was getting bad grades in school. RIP

It was around 2003 or 2004? I was 6 or 7 around that time and I had just beat Halo CE on Normal and was screwing around in the 'Extras' tab since I hadn't noticed it before. It caught my eye and I went to it, and what did I see? The Halo 2 Announcement Trailer and Halo 2 E3 2003 Demo. It blew my tiny child brain and from then on, those two trailers/demos have been my favorite of those categories. They still are too. Didn't get to play Halo 2 until 2006 though.

• Like 1

It was around 2003 or 2004? I was 6 or 7 around that time and I had just beat Halo CE on Normal and was screwing around in the 'Extras' tab since I hadn't noticed it before. It caught my eye and I went to it, and what did I see? The Halo 2 Announcement Trailer and Halo 2 E3 2003 Demo. It blew my tiny child brain and from then on, those two trailers/demos have been my favorite of those categories. They still are too. Didn't get to play Halo 2 until 2006 though.

That demo looked like it was for a great game, a game I wish was made lol, I wish that demo was playable