l4T02BI.png

Heyy, welcome back to the Weekly Site Poll!  :P

Poll 39 - 'Anime' - is here if you'd like to read the responses, or post a late reply.

Moving on, this weeks questions regard expanded universe material surrounding a certain gaming juggernaut...

7nhqcIo.png

What are your favorite Halo novels and/or reading materials?

Also, what would you like to see out of future Halo reading materials (Comics, Books, Lore Dumps, etc)?

The next Weekly Site Poll will be posted on 9/10/16. Feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Weekly Site Poll in your response!

SD, out!    :split:
  • Like 4

I did enjoy Glasslands a great deal.  That being said, it's the ONLY novel/comic/other that I actually finished reading.  No offense to Joe Staten, but ANYTHING prior to 3rd party writing just lacked the in depth story telling.

Again that being said, what I would like to see is a revisit to everything starting with harvest, but re-imagined and written to include what is now known as acceptable canon.  I also hate anything comic related to halo.  Certain things just don't work well and I think the comic thing is just awful.

• Like 1

First Strike is still my favorite Halo novel. The action and lore expansion is incredible. Very fast paced compared to other novels which I actually like.

Mythos will be out very soon where we'll be seeing some animations of characters that have not been depicted through images before. And only 2 weeks after will be Fractures.

• Like 1

The only 2 Halo novels I read were The Fall of Reach and The Flood, and I prefer the latter. Nothing against TFoR though, I think The Flood just interested me more, despite knowing exactly what the main story was about.

I guess to read something I played many times before it, it made it cool to see all the tidbits, little other details and the whole Jenkins fiasco fleshed out further. It added new elements to the story, and more stuff for me to think about when I replayed the game again.

Like the part with that spec ops elite with the four grunts you see in the elevator, and them actually giving him a back story, and the Keyes-Flood Mind Battle. I like things like that. 

• Like 1

Next poll could be about favourite or most memorable gamemodes maybe?

^ I'll use this, thanks for suggesting. :)

Oh, and thanks to all of you for participating. I'd do something more with the comments posted here like in Caboose's version, but I feel that would be like playing favorites.

• 2 weeks later...