An Urgent Forge Poll! :D

Silent Orbis

Lighting Option (READ POST)  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Option?

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 24 (JUST FOR FISHY, NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED)

Hey guys, long time. I'm working on a project for the Hub of the Dead Infection-Map contest over at Forge Hub! :D So, I have most of it done. Now I'm just confused over one little detail. That has to do with the way the sky looks. Now, I'm going to give you guys two images that don't have too much stuff from the entire map, and are from an older version, but that's okay, because technically I haven't "revealed" it to any forum yet. I'm going to have descriptions for each one, and so that'll tell you whatever you can't gather from the pictures (which will probably be a lot of stuff). So I want you guys to either vote for option 1, or option 2 as a lighting setup.

​Don't forget, this is an infection map.

OPTION 1:

This is a daylight option. It's bright, has lots of sunlight, a sandy atmosphere, slightly cloudy but has bluish sky. Performance and light-baking is slightly better on this setup. It looks similar to WyvernZu's lighting on her Sandtrap remake.

Option 1

OPTION 2:

This option is not a night option by any stretch of the imagination, as the huge sun on parallax shines through everything. But it is noticeably darker, has a slightly thicker sand effect and is also just a more effed up day time. One thing to note is that performance with the light-baking is worse than Option 1, and some pieces look a tiny bit glitchy (nothing that you can notice unless you look really carefully).

Option 2

So that's that! Basically, I'm not sure of a scary vibe needs a darker lighting necessarily. I've been told that my map feels like it was once lived in, and something happened where people died/can't be there anymore, and this was with Option 1 on. So, that's the thing. It's an infection map, so a sketchiness is favorable. But, if it can be achieved without having to be physically darker, it's fine. Anyway, thanks and vote if you read this!

NOTE: The reason I said urgent was because there's only around a week left.

Edited by Silent Orbis